Vests anyone?

poopie boy

I'm looking to cop a vest.. or two. Basically I know not much about these, but I am looking for a slim tailored fit. Something to go with a shirt and tie and slacks. Is it a must to buy a vest that is the same brand and style as the slacks? I know it is definitely recommended to do it that way, but can i still get away with it (ie. look classy) without buying them together?

What are brands to look for if I'm looking for a slim tailored fit and a classic simple look? What do I look for in terms of quality?

I was definitely liking this one right here

thumb.jpg

I tried some on before and they sat at the shoulder instead of closer in like in the picture above, they just looked sloppy. I want something sharp like the picture above, but want to exercise more options in terms of colors and prices.

DISCUSS.

POST PICS.

MUST COP.

hmmm. well the majority of times vests have fasteners on the back to make them fit less sloppy. when you tried on the vests did you adjust these? im all about having the slimmest fit but even with the most basic vests i have not run into that much of a fit problem after tightening the clasp on the back. dress shirts on the other hand i simply cannot buy without having them tailored for a proper fit.

it is not a must to buy the same brand/line vest as the pants. though this might be helpful when trying to match specific fabrics or colors.

not looking for anything really cheap sorry man.. that NN one sounds dope, i was at the barney's sale this weekend too but wasn't looking for vests because it had slipped my mind.

to answer your question blackshadow, the clasp only really helps along the sides, but it was still not slim looking around the shoulders.. it hit the part of my shirt where the shoulder meets the arm. if you look at the picture above, dude's vest is nowhere near that mark.

i think i remember seeing that the whole outfit he is wearing is j. lindeberg, which i really don't feel like buying but i might just have to if i want to obtain that look..