supermeatheads

kunk75

charly, what are good ways to pump up your caloric intake? do you take a lot of shakes, or do you just straight up chug down lean meats? i take in anywhere around 12~16oz of chicken a day and already think that is a lot... (with the odd steak replacing some of the chicken once per week/biweek)

Dude, I train with some eastern block beasts. Most played professional waterpolo in europe and not play here with my team, however one of the guys brother is a pl and me and him try to do some serious damage. One thing he told me is that im so tiny, i was like what?? (i was like 180lbs with 10-8% bf). He bassically made me eat with him all the time. I was eating three times what i was usually eating. I would eat after working out so much, i would feel like throwing up then keep trying to eat more. As most people will flame me for this, it was gold advice. Gained hella muscle with very little bf difference btu where the biggest difference was, was strength.

Lesson:

EAT, and if you think you are eating enough, and your actually thinking whether or not you ate enough, then you havent.

anything high in good fat is usually an easy way to add calories since the foods are so nutrient dense. 1/4 cup almonds has like 170 cal. also natural peanut butter. two tablespoons is 200 cal.

back211 that's good advice if you have a quick metabolism. If your metabolism is slow you can easily gain a bunch of fat along with muscle if you're not careful. I have to track calories really closely because I put on fat pretty easily.

i know i keep asking very-easy-to-find-out-yourself questions. But I'm going to start cycling between on/off days of carbs because I eat way too much rice.

how do most people get carbs into their diets? particularly dinner?

My carb meals are

Breakfast (1 cup of oats)

Post Workout (60g of malto/dextrose)

Post Post Workout (1 cup of rice)

Dry measure for the oats and rice.

And I think as of now I'll be alternating the oats with Kashi Go Lean every now and then, and the rice with whole grain pasta.

As for fats, Table spoon of EVOO here and there, table spoon of Coconut Oil, Eggs and youre set.

My carb meals are

Breakfast (1 cup of oats)

Post Workout (60g of malto/dextrose)

Post Post Workout (1 cup of rice)

Dry measure for the oats and rice.

And I think as of now I'll be alternating the oats with Kashi Go Lean every now and then, and the rice with whole grain pasta.

As for fats, Table spoon of EVOO here and there, table spoon of Coconut Oil, Eggs and youre set.

i just checked out that kashi cereal. looks legit. im thinking dessert cereal? i always down a couple bowls of cereal after dinner.

I'm not going to list my whole diet down, but I'll let you know my CURRENT caloric intake and macro breakdown. note, that the following is my 7-day average. day-to-day calories and macro breakdown vary depending on training and rest days.

2400 calories. 45/20/35 P/C/F%.

currently, 188. goal, leaner 178-181 without losing any lean mass.

dang you only eat a 2400 cal? thats nice though lucky you... i lose mass so easy and get fat easy too

Hey chairy, did you use any or do you use any pre workout supps? I'm thinking of ditching the pre workout supps I take (beta alanine, citrulline malate, aakg) and just keep the creatine....

(read that article you read, stalker status bro)

well, I take beta alanine and creatine but I don't count them as pre-workout-specific supplements because I take it throughout the day and timing on those doesn't really matter for me (I've experimented).

the pre-workout supplements I take are idebenone, acetyl-l-carnitine, chocamine, and a lot of coffee (~2 tbsp instant).

btw, what article are you referring to?

37158_709084691559_12804440_38886715_3860099_n1.jpg

hi guys im back was going thru some trouble with my business and marriage. but now everything is a water like under the bridge, so very much shopping and working out. how is everyone doing chairy you are still holding it well good luck to everyones body shape!

looking good gaydad! glad to have you back and well too.

sensible shoes - okay, as long as you know that you do it because you enjoy it. because, I'll tell you out right that it's horrible to do it you're looking to build muscle.

Ok well ill start to cut it down. maybe just twice a week. what cardio do you do on the days between weights? only hiit?

just did my first set of deadlifts fuuuuuu. I didnt realise how full body intensive it was until now. I can definitely see how people can hurt themselves doing it though, gotta keep that back straight

question...When im doing squats, i feel most of the strain in my quads, is this right? also how important is pushing up on the heels, i feel like im using the front part of my heel and if i pushed up on the ball id fall back....

sensible shoes how often do you run 10km because ive been trying to increase my cardio and im running about 12-14 miles week which is only about 2 miles a day

3-4 times a week, 8-10km

I usually run 5km, stop at a workout-station and do 35mins of push ups, chin ups, dips, leg raises and incline cruches then run home

mostly flat ground, rate of about 11km/hr (I think) sprint the final 200m home

For me, completing a run just feels great. I don't have a heart rate monitor but I know my rate is up high for most of the run and some of the workout, so I get 1.5hrs of steady exercise.

I also live near a really popular beach in Aus and the scenery in terms of sexy sexy women improves alot this time of year, so thats a real motivator for me

ATM I cant think of any other exercise that I would do on a consistant basis for the length of time I run for. I may replace a couple of the runs with a HIIT circuit (row machine, stationary bike) but right now, chucking on the sneakers and the ipod and smashing a few km seems alot easier

Also I should add my weightloss this year (26kgs/57lbs) hasn't really been based on any rigid routine, my approach was more about doing things that made me feel good (endorphins whatup)

I can appreciate why people chose to stick to a rigid routine and I am adopting this approach now that i'm lifting weights and have to be more systematic with increases etc

I didnt spend any money on special food or gym or equipment and up until now did very little research. i guess thats why I ask so many noob questions, because despite the weightloss, i have no idea about the science or tried-and-true approaches to fitness

Ok well ill start to cut it down. maybe just twice a week. what cardio do you do on the days between weights? only hiit?

just did my first set of deadlifts fuuuuuu. I didnt realise how full body intensive it was until now. I can definitely see how people can hurt themselves doing it though, gotta keep that back straight

question...When im doing squats, i feel most of the strain in my quads, is this right? also how important is pushing up on the heels, i feel like im using the front part of my heel and if i pushed up on the ball id fall back....

It's normal to feel the strain in your quads and a little in your hams. the goal is to keep your shins straight up and down while having your back at about 75 degrees or so when you're parallel. you'll have a negative arch in your lower back to keep stability.

The way you describe being unbalanced right now, I suspect that you aren't leaning forward enough. think of how a linebacker is in position before the snap. he's not perfectly parallel, but he's in that power position, leaning fwd but stable. try to shoot for that.

It's normal to feel the strain in your quads and a little in your hams. the goal is to keep your shins straight up and down while having your back at about 75 degrees or so when you're parallel. you'll have a negative arch in your lower back to keep stability.

The way you describe being unbalanced right now, I suspect that you aren't leaning forward enough. think of how a linebacker is in position before the snap. he's not perfectly parallel, but he's in that power position, leaning fwd but stable. try to shoot for that.

I was definitely trying to keep the back dead straight. should i be aiming to push directly on the centre of the ball of heels?