Fred Perry fans, some help please

high_contrast

Ok so I know ebay is well known for having lacoste and fred perry fakes especially polos but I found this seller whose items and store are a bit convincing

-his items are not listed for bidding, only at his store which is in NJ, not Thailand where the fakes are from

-his 3000+ feedback is flawless, i mean out of all those people if there was fake, one of those people could tell right?

-all his fred perry items I have checked and the styles/colors do exist and the tags appear the same unlike the Thailand fakes that have random styles and badly placed laurels

-his prices are higher than the fake ones but still very low compared to retail

here is a sample of one of his listings:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=8337213757&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

Let me know what you think. Now I do understand the "too good to be true" idea but I really did look through all the Fred Perry items and found existing designs for all his stuff on Rakuten and random sites when I googled style and color codes.

I did ask at the Fred Perry store here in Carnaby Street London and I was told that indeed there are two ranges of polos (well including CDG, 3 types).

The "Made in Portugal" which is around £40+, the "Made in England" which is about £55+ and CDG (didn't check where these are made).

The Fred Perry sales are the best time to buy I guess. I bought a CDG/Fred Perry tracksuit top made out of spongy polyester for £40 (reduced from £120) during the summer sale.

CDG cuts are much slimmer and unfortunately I could not squeeze into an XL!

Ok so supposedly he said there are buttons on the wash tag but he had some excuse about not doing picture requests for anyone because he sells too much and to check his 3000 + 100% feedback. He also said that if I believe the pictures or the feedback I didn't have to buy it. What the fuck customer service is that?

100% feedback is pretty convincing, i guess there is no harm if he has returns.

the thai stuff would say made in england, and often it has a hidden made in thailand tag[i have seen this on t shirts and diesel jeans].

i have now seen a fake burberry with spare button, altought it was an obvious fake.

here are authentic fred perry tags.

fp-tag-001.jpg

teisco.gif

Quote:

i believe the CDGs are about $150ish....but i dont like them much. dont like the 'CDG' embroidery below the laurel and the color combos arent appealing to me.

--- Original message by Teddy Boy Rocker on Oct 12, 2005 12:10 PM

i'm with Teddy Boy....

the only reason i didn't pick up a CDG Fred Perry polo is because the "cdg" embroidery looks awful and looks like it was an afterthought in the design.

-k