Quote:

Ugh...

Don't support Walmart!

--- Original message by eastcoastrider27 on Nov 10, 2005 03:27 PM

don't be a fag

--- Original message by boystory on Nov 10, 2005 09:22 PM

dont be a whore

--- Original message by wild_whiskey on Nov 10, 2005 10:21 PM

don't be a stupid political douchebag who posts on a forum designed for over-consumers, but then be a dumbass about being able to get socks and orange juice at rolled back prices.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ugh...

Don't support Walmart!

--- Original message by eastcoastrider27 on Nov 10, 2005 03:27 PM

don't be a fag

--- Original message by boystory on Nov 10, 2005 09:22 PM

dont be a whore

--- Original message by wild_whiskey on Nov 10, 2005 10:21 PM

YAWN!

make better recommendations.

(europeanwear is a difficult site and wasn't launching properly on my computer)

Quote:

http://www.americanapparel.net/

--- Original message by nwhysee on Nov 10, 2005 08:48 PM

it appears that they only sell in bulk. i'm an individual, just want a damn hoodie (walmart sweatshirt was perfect in several ways BUT did not have drawstring hood and sleeves were a little short though the body was the right size).

first purchase from walmart, fyi to the hysterical posters. i don't live near one. i hope anti-walmart posters don't merely rely on big media to inform them of corrupt corporations, but diligently do their own research so as to be consistently responsible consumers and not part-time soap-box hypocrits.

Quote:
Quote:

http://www.americanapparel.net/

--- Original message by nwhysee on Nov 10, 2005 08:48 PM

it appears that they only sell in bulk. i'm an individual, just want a damn hoodie (walmart sweatshirt was perfect in several ways BUT did not have drawstring hood and sleeves were a little short though the body was the right size).

first purchase from walmart, fyi to the hysterical posters. i don't live near one. i hope anti-walmart posters don't merely rely on big media to inform them of corrupt corporations, but diligently do their own research so as to be consistently responsible consumers and not part-time soap-box hypocrits.

--- Original message by classic on Nov 11, 2005 06:04 AM

http://americanapparelstore.com

i really don't know why everyone buys stuff from american apparel.

their bulk pricing is good, but their consumer retail pricing is totally over priced for what they're offering. it's like 15 for a plain tee , that isn't very good quality and the stiching unravels in a few washes. at least that is what has happened to me.

of course millions of proponents cannot be wrong.(10)

but i just think it's bs. telling you to buy american and buy good business practices, lol, are you buying a moral idea or a goddamn tee?if our industries would just make better products we wouldn't have to sell marketing ideas.

anyways if your near an h and m, they have plain hoodies which are decent (not the flimsy hoodies at aa) and mine has a metal zipper too. its bout 40 bucks.

Edited by nanyc on Nov 11, 2005 at 08:07 AM

Quote:

i really don't know why everyone buys stuff from american apparel.

their bulk pricing is good, but their consumer retail pricing is totally over priced for what they're offering. it's like 15 for a plain tee , that isn't very good quality and the stiching unravels in a few washes. at least that is what has happened to me.

of course millions of proponents cannot be wrong.(10)

but i just think it's bs. telling you to buy american and buy good business practices, lol, are you buying a moral idea or a goddamn tee?if our industries would just make better products we wouldn't have to sell marketing ideas.

anyways if your near an h and m, they have plain hoodies which are decent (not the flimsy hoodies at aa) and mine has a metal zipper too. its bout 40 bucks.

Edited by nanyc on Nov 11, 2005 at 08:07 AM

--- Original message by nanyc on Nov 11, 2005 08:07 AM

I don't personally own anything from AA, but it is an interesting concept. The only things I've seen that there really interest me are the fitted long sleeve tees and the Tyvek jacket - are those any good, or are they as "bad" as the short-sleeved tee supposedly is?

to poster higher up who again recommended aa - they do NOT use metal zippers, which i want.

as for their quality, and the alleged marketing ploy - they do pay their employees a fair wage for the work. this is a weird thread with some people getting insensed over walmart, and then others saying who cares about buying from a humane company. very confused. the $15 for the plain tee is realistic when you're not making chinese children do the work for 50 cents an hour... or day, depending on what you read.

the advantages of american apparel are zero markings/labels, very soft cotton, long fitting styles, limited selection of styles in extensive color options (fun when you want 15 of the same shirt in different colors). their colored shirts are terrific, and their slim fit california sweats are the best i've ever found. some of their tees have a flimsy finish and some do not, depends on the style you pick. also, their thermals are nice.

Quote:

to poster higher up who again recommended aa - they do NOT use metal zippers, which i want.

as for their quality, and the alleged marketing ploy - they do pay their employees a fair wage for the work. this is a weird thread with some people getting insensed over walmart, and then others saying who cares about buying from a humane company. very confused. the $15 for the plain tee is realistic when you're not making chinese children do the work for 50 cents an hour... or day, depending on what you read.

the advantages of american apparel are zero markings/labels, very soft cotton, long fitting styles, limited selection of styles in extensive color options (fun when you want 15 of the same shirt in different colors). their colored shirts are terrific, and their slim fit california sweats are the best i've ever found. some of their tees have a flimsy finish and some do not, depends on the style you pick. also, their thermals are nice.

--- Original message by classic on Nov 11, 2005 09:53 AM

Try Camber if you need a thick and / or thermal lined hoodie.

Also AA uses the cheapest jersey they can get their hands on. Most of which is made in India, China or where ever is cheap. They just assemble in the US.

The owner currently has several sexual harrassment lawsuits pending from his employees. Sweatshop labor or being sexually harassed at work, what's better??