Iphone 2nd Gen. $199...

Guest umhaha84

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ wow, i had no idea. it's now a california law starting july 1 you can't use or talk on your cell phone while driving, unless you have bluetooth headset or stereo system. i wonder if this lack of voice recognition will slightly dampen the attractiveness of iphone 2 especially in southern cal.

^ wow, i had no idea. it's now a california law starting july 1 you can't use or talk on your cell phone while driving, unless you have bluetooth headset or stereo system. i wonder if this lack of voice recognition will slightly dampen the attractiveness of iphone 2 especially in southern cal.

They already have that law in new jersey and a couple of other states. I'm all for it. Fuck these fucking soccer mom's driving these gigantic SUV's with a fucking cell phone pressed up beside their huge noggins not paying any attention to anything.

^ oh man, tell me about it. july 1 can't come soon enough in LA. just during lunch i almost got run over by another chick on a phone, driving a mercedes coupe, not paying any attention to the world around her.

never had to deal with this on the N and W trains, dark man. ;)

I have a first gen now and I fucking love it, but the edge network definitely blows and GPS would be really helpful. I think im definitely going to pick up the 2nd gen, but the plastic casing annoys me. I really enjoyed the solid feel of the first iphone which is all metal and glass, they should have really kept it like that :(

so my dad and mom both work for at&t. apparently the price of the iphone did not change at all, at&t just agreed to pay apple $200/phone comission to keep themselves as the only carrier or something. then they upped the service $10/mo to compensate.

so to review, apple gets full price, at&t gets more than full price, consumer pays more.

awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

i am not down w/ this $10/month 3G charge and cutting free text messages from the monthly plan. maybe when this thing gets big enough for me to store my entire library (32gig?) i'll look into it, but for now i enjoy having the extra $50 in my wallet per month.