Magic Mushrooms

UndaCover

glad this got bumped as it provides a good place for this:

ZS5FyGvhXwQ

I love mushies but sometimes I feel like the guy in that clip when I'm tripping - totally fucked (makes more sense if you've seen this shitty movie).

this scene had me laughing my ass off though regardless

i dont think i have, at least in the sense you mean

typically for me nothing normal makes sense

like i perceive it in a completely different way

but uhh ive had ego death and that was pretty deep shit

and ive noticed i feel different about everything now, like in a noticeable way

shrooms made me think like crazy. not just about my life but about everything, and I wrote some stuff down so I could remember it later. I realized how much of my life I spent in the pursuit of material goods, why I was in college, how deeply my father had changed me when I was growing up, etc. etc. I felt like it made me confront a lot of looming issues in my life and ultimately helped me see things in a new light, and as cliche as it sounds I felt like a better person afterwards.

do an 8th if youre comfortable with it

dont do more than you think you should though

i would recommend a sitter, or at least a friend tripping with you

idk where to buy, but im sure its not too hard

anyway, check out erowid if you wanna know anything more specific, like effects and everything

bfan, thats basically what happened to me

i think thats pretty normal with psychedelics though

i kinda dont care about anything now, but i feel like i understand things so much better

just wanted to share: i took a trip to hawaii, and wanted to bring shrooms with me. i use to grow back then and had a nice strain of thai cubensis. so i decided i would use a coffee grinder and grind up over an dried oz of it and put them in gel caps and stick em in a vitamin bottle to sneak over there from seattle.

it all went fine and i got them over there no probs. i decided to take a 8ths worth (only 5 pills!!) on the beach at night (waikiki) on april 20th (420 bro!!).

little did i know, the micronizing of the shrooms must have made the uptake crazy efficient because i ended up with the best and most intense trip ever with like 5 of my good friends. i swear i ran the whole beach. i even walked the waikiki strip and people watched (fucking scary fun!!!!) many times i would tell my friends see ya later and get lost for an hour (they stayed at pretty much one spot because they are pussies). i had this sense in my head that because it was 420, everyone was high anyways, so that made me not scared to walk around the public streets full of people. i even went far as to get it in my head thet everyone was jealous of how high i was because there was no way they could get on my level.

when i closed my eyes, anything i heard became visuals. i was SEEING SOUND. was real fun.

a little bit of background on me:

i once made shroom tea out of an 8th and watched the documentary baraka (

) i dare you mofos to try to do that. i was crying at some parts, but in a manly way.

in retrospect i only eye balled filling the gel caps, so maybe i took way more than just an 8th.

take a half 8th for the first time. the first time i ate them i ate a whole bag and it was too much. since then i refuse to eat a whole bag and still get very fucked up off of a half bag. I think a whole one would be fun but a bit too much for a first timer IMO. they last a few hours so if you eat half and dont really feel it after an hour or so, then eat the other half.

wrote this whilst tripping on top of a building...was acid though. slightly different, but very similar. shrooms tend to be a little less visual for me usually and a little more weird, and acid tends to be a little more one-with-the-universe, but they overlap into each other:

I could spread myself, limbs fanned, particles to their walls, in a full, final salute, and fall. And I'm pretty sure I would fall flat, the gentle, rumbling wind still brushing through my hair, cars whisping by on the side streets, generators humming and spreading clean air through empty hallways.

A light might blink, a bird might squak. The gentle roll of sorrow or disgust or longing or relief might spread out from inside my body to as far as my energy or stench or character can reach, but all this would still be happening. The wave would swell and then pass, as all waves do, leaving a trail of some mess behind and a trail of some mess ahead as well. And in only half a blink, something is gone. This thing that once was that instructed this pen to paper, the thing that only I can call me--it instantly explodes into thin air and stretches out into the hearts and minds of those known and unknown as deep and for as long as it can until it folds in on itself and begins its slow spread again.

The wind still purrs against the ivy where I sit now, and it will do so for the next who occupies this space for some given time. Lighting flashes, a bird squaks. Nothing is changed while everything is changing. We spread over this earth like a fungus, which dries up and crumbles to dust for the next to have a crack at being.

A page turns. A thought appears and vanishes before it is even recognized. A piece of my soul is lost, flapping down and away with the wind to the ground where I am ant food. Me, who is only unrecognizable to myself and who everyone else points to and calls him, is gone. I am gone, yet he still remains. And when they talk of him, I hope they have good things to say so that I might smile in recognition somewhere down this endless spiral to black.

take a half 8th for the first time. the first time i ate them i ate a whole bag and it was too much. since then i refuse to eat a whole bag and still get very fucked up off of a half bag. I think a whole one would be fun but a bit too much for a first timer IMO. they last a few hours so if you eat half and dont really feel it after an hour or so, then eat the other half.

if youre not comfortable with a whole 8th, then go for half

an 8th was perfect for my first time, and it was incredible because i knew i would have a good time and i wasnt stressing that it would be too much

but dont space out the doses, because after a certain point redosing wont do anything and itll just be a waste

if you meant what i said

i meant that nothing has the typical definition/restraints that it normally does

like nothing is "structured" the way it normally is and i see it with none of the preconceptions i see it with normally (ie i thought "everything is everything")

if you didnt, oh well haha

did 1/4 at this huge ass park today

such a good ass day

psychedelics are really the best thing ever

if you have never used them or are considering a bigger dose, do it

i cant imagine feeling better than ive been feeling the whole damn day

fuck i want everyone to experience this

Describe Your Day

went to this huge park with a wooded area (not really part of the park, but its right next to it) and a river and some ponds

ate the shrooms at about 12, started feeling them around 1, effects mostly wore off by 6

391818653_fc1060c072.jpg

1255413956_3482b7f648.jpg

just a beautiful ass day, sun shining with a breeze the whole time

i honestly cant really remember exactly what happened, but i know i walked around the park and the woods and just chilled in different spots all day

ive never tripped outside so i was really fascinated with nature and everything at the park, because it just looked so good

just existing felt so good

time went by so slow and the 6 hours i was at the park seemed like a week, but i enjoyed the time so much

one thing i remember a lot was staring at my hand in the sunlight after smoking (right by this weird plant that looked like it had animal print on it) and just thinking how incredible it looked

i saw patterns in everything, and i could notice the most minute details in everything

i really found out how great life is and how beautiful the world is

i now appreciate life and nature so much more than i ever have

^great photos man... want to rep.

That park at reminds me of a particularly fun adventure a friend once had. He and a few friends jumped the fence of a huge tourist garden in a wine region of NSW. In the day, the gardens typically look like this;

hvg4.jpg

hvg3.jpg

However, they jumped the fence into what they then discovered was the "Storybook Land" of the gardens, intended for viewing by small children during the day. Something quite surreal about being on psychedelics at night and jumping into another world where a Coke vending machine is brightly illuminated and covered by a 6 foot Fly-Agaric mushroom. They then came across nightmarish after-dark statues of characters from various fairytales;

hvg1.jpg

hvg2.jpg

At night the characters were truly hellish. Especially the Mad-Hatter and Jill. Just looking at the daylight photos gives me the creeps. There was always the sense that they remained still only whilst looked at. Nightmarish caricatures of beloved childhood characters pretending to be statues.

Aside from Storybook Land the rose (aka "nose crack") gardens and the Japanese gardens were amazing for scents and textures respectively.

^great photos man... want to rep.

Aside from Storybook Land the rose (aka "nose crack") gardens and the Japanese gardens were amazing for scents and textures respectively.

Jesus I can literally feel what that was like.

I was at the Mayan ruins at Tikal like 10 years ago, and people were telling me that you could bribe the guards and spend the night inside the park. People would shroom and do that - I cannot imagine the mindfuck.

Tikal-CentralPlaza.JPG

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A friend of mine once dried them out completely in a desiccator, powdered them in a coffee grinder, and packed them into gelatin capsules with a pencil. They lasted many, many years this way with no noticeable loss in potency. Plus he didn't have to taste that delicious mushroom flavor.

Playdis is right. The worst conditions are direct light, heat, moisture, and oxygen! If you can pack the dried mushrooms into a container and expel the air (with heavier, inert CO2) they will last almost indefinitely.

fo sho

theres some crazy methods out there, which i guess arent so crazy, that involve storing them in honey etc but i cant be bothered.

ive kept a few hits of acid in some foil for 2 years now and im doubting theyve lost potency.. but its not like id know the difference right? and thats assuming they are in fact lsd-25 and reasonable doses

fo sho

theres some crazy methods out there, which i guess arent so crazy, that involve storing them in honey etc but i cant be bothered.

The honey thing is was supposedly based on an antiquated Mesoamerican method for storing em, although I doubt the validity of this claim.

ive kept a few hits of acid in some foil for 2 years now and im doubting theyve lost potency.. but its not like id know the difference right? and thats assuming they are in fact lsd-25 and reasonable doses

LSD is much less stable than the esters of tryptamines (such as psilocybin in mushrooms). I seriously doubt they'd be the potency they were 2 years ago. But if you kept them dry and away from light and heat then they should be reasonable. Again, storing free of air (with inert CO2) can't hurt either. This is pretty much the ideal set of conditions for most drugs.

• 5 weeks later...

anyone have any personal experience w/ double dosing?

i plan on taking an eighth of shrooms at rock the bells next week and wanted my trip to last the entire 9 or 10 hours. will taking half an eighth and the other half eighth 3 hours later give me an extended trip or will my tolerance kick in and waste the shrooms. ill also be smoking joints throughout the day

anyone have any personal experience w/ double dosing?

i plan on taking an eighth of shrooms at rock the bells next week and wanted my trip to last the entire 9 or 10 hours. will taking half an eighth and the other half eighth 3 hours later give me an extended trip or will my tolerance kick in and waste the shrooms. ill also be smoking joints throughout the day

bad bad idea.... first of all, the second dse wont do much. second, do you really wanna be around 1000s of people you dont know on shrooms? get some good acid and youll be much better off.