!!!euro 2008!!!

Guest umhaha84

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trust the Austrian to come out with that!

You forget about the Poland match, incidentally? The only thing bad about that performance was that they didn't put 5 past them.

They were also in a group with three miserable teams and just barely made it out. I guess if they keep it up now it's ok, but defending anything they did before this game is ridiculous.

They were also in a group with three miserable teams and just barely made it out. I guess if they keep it up now it's ok, but defending anything they did before this game is ridiculous.

Wouldn't call Croatia a miserable team, merely a very competent team whose only striker of note has a broken leg.

Besides, Germany and Italy have proved many times over (the last World Cup in particular) that you should never judge a team on the basis of the first couple of matches.

wowowow final minute of extra time croatia goes up 1-0 to win

edit: minute later turkey ties it to go to penalties

insane game, had to wait 120 minutes for it to get interesting

INCREDIBLE

turkey comes back to take it 3-1 in penalties

Guest n1cx0

poor penalty taking. 2 clear misses. at least get it on target so it has a chance to go in.

anyway, turkey has like 4 suspensions for the next game. turkey's gonna need to pull another super comeback.

then complain to them.

jesus.

go turkey!! so many suspensions tho, plus tired, really worried how they'll fare against Germany, a team that looks a lot stronger since its battle w/ croatia

I'm going to go ahead and say that we will most likely see Germany in the finals. after watching the Germans against Portugal, they are definitely in proper form. Turkey will have 3 suspended players from their starting 11 and fatigue will play a huge factor. I think Germany is going to smoke them, no problem.

Spain vs. Italy is the match to watch in these quarters. I don't see the Dutch having to much of a problem with Russia and I hope they get by Spain/Italy in the semi's to face Germany in the finals.

Very interesting tournament we having thus far.

Guest doubletap

my guess is Holland vs. Germany, at least that is what i am hoping... those red fellas looked pretty impressive in their last match.

sux about Croatia tho, what the hell happened there!? ...at least that will guarantee Germany in the finals.

I can see a possible match between two of europes biggest teams, Germany vs Dutch..

Although all my money of course is towards Dutch.. I certainly hope dutch take care of russia today.. No upsets

arshavin and pyuelchenko(spelling) really manhandled holland there..

Russia clearly had the control most of the match, Holland just couldnt capitalize with van de vaarts free kick attemps.. Dissapointing to say the least..

but great game to watch, Van Nistelrooy really boosted the team after such a lackluster performance in normal time..