The new Prada denim collection

lost

Has anyone seen it. I would have originally not given it any thought but the latest edition of Another Magazine had a write up on it with some photos that looked really nice. The cut was much nicer than I would have expected. The article had some interesting things to say about the finishes as well (apparently over 30 in all).

Has anyone seen them in person or tried them on?

from http://men.style.com/news/style/062705

"

Prada Does Denim

Finally, a reason to buy more jeans

June 27, 2005—After slapping her name on umbrellas, bathrobes, and socks, Miuccia Prada has decided to do jeans. When the collection hits stores next month, Prada Denim will face stiff competition (see our comprehensive guide here), but the jackets, shirts, and jeans should command attention. The cuts are traditional (no Dolce & Gabbana-style 3-inch rises here), and the seven different finishes range from dark blue to gray. Understated aesthetic aside, you'll instantly recognize the designer's touch, thanks to the familiar red tag on the right cuff, logo inside the watch pocket, and a just-short-of-subtle "Prada" stitched on the right rear pocket. The best indication of these pants' provenance? Their $295 to $695 price tag.

"

and for sale here:

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/template/catB9.jhtml;jsessionid=WVOHYOREBDJNYCQAAJXR5RYKAABHAH4X?itemId=cat8720731&parentId=cat7450731&masterId=cat000488&cmCat=&page=1&view=all&size=&sort=

And sorry, I meant to add that they look pretty blah in person. The logos are unexpectedly abundant and they're (expectedly) expensive. They're like a bad branding move, similar to a lot of the Prada Sport gear. I imagine most people are stoked that they say Prada all over though. Miu Miu made amazing jeans 3-4 years ago then seemed to promptly stop.

Denim wasn't always a staple in Prada's main line, but I think I do recall seeing jeans often in the Prada Sport line- but, again, they weren't the focus.

Weak. entry. into. the. denim. game.

Not even worthy to fill in the space left by Helmut Lang.

Guest Fade to Black
Quote:

prada's been doing denim WAY longer than most of these other cats.. i don't know where you've been...

I never said they've been doing it well, but they've had denim since at LEAST 98.

Edited by SongAngel on Oct 10, 2005 at 10:00 PM

--- Original message by SongAngel on Oct 10, 2005 10:00 PM

??? To my knowledge the Prada signature line never had an official range of denim before this...not sure if you're talkin bout Prada Sport? Prada did denim trousers for S/S 04 collection, that's the last I remember from it.

And I have a feeling the idea for this Prada Jeans line is probably more likely to be Patrizio's doing rather than Miuccia...