NYC Downtown

fredfred

If you are looking to move here both of those neighborhoods are crazy expensive. West Village is more reasonable then Soho but you will most likely drop alot of money a month in either. Chinatown is right next to Soho and there are some deals there but everything in that area is pricey. If cost isn't a concern than go for it.

Depends really what you are looking for. Lower East Side and East Village are both good neighborhoods with alot going on and you can find reasonable rents in either. Alphabet city is a touch more ghetto but I have some friends with incredible places there. Your best bet is to look at craigslist.org and get an idea for what you want to pay and what you can afford.

If you are willing to go into brooklyn look at Williamsburg or Park Slope. Both good neighborhoods that are easily accesible by train into the city. Lots of young people with stuff to do in the area. Park Slope is alot more young families than Williamsburg though.

Really depends what you are willing to do and what you are looking for. Give some more idea and I can give you more specific information.

There is nothing straight about Chelsea.

I say stick with Brooklyn, unless you are planning on making 6 figures a year. And in that case have fun wasting 2000 a month on a 1 bedroom in soho.

I agree, Williamsburg and Dyke [Park] Slope are both nice places to live. You won't get easily bored there. I'd also look at some less established areas where rents are drastically cheeper too.

Greenpoint > It's just north of Williamsburg. It's on the G Line so it's a bit of a hassle to get to from Manhattan, but it's a decent area and relatively cheap.

Fort Greene > It's the area around Pratt. If you're younger than it's fun.

Eastern Williamsburg > It's the part of Williamsburg off of Metropolitan and Grand Avenues east of the BQE. It's a bit sketchy in some places, cause it's just north of Bed Stuy and Bushwick [the ghetto]. But this is where a lot of new restaurants and bars have been opening lately. It's off the L Train, second or third stop into Brooklyn. And it's a whole lot cheaper than living in Williamsburg itself.

[everything is insanity and I have a headache]