Guys, are Thick as Thieves $500 custom made suits worth it??

Well that is not possible with this brand, so you may want to look into things being discussed before you chime in.

Go to Style Forum and read, there is a huge thread there with a whole bunch of info. The value seems good if it is the style you want.

Well that is not possible with this brand, so you may want to look into things being discussed before you chime in.

Go to Style Forum and read, there is a huge thread there with a whole bunch of info. The value seems good if it is the style you want.

i know nothing of this brand, but you're saying the suits are un-tailorable? doesnt seem like that great a value

You can still get it tailored. It's a fucking suit. Read the gigantic thread and email the guy who makes them. Suits are expensive. You're in for some trouble if you think $500 is too much for a custom order suit. I might grab a suit with my graduation money since i don't have one that fits me anymore. I just need to decide on a color and take some measurements

He meant being able to have TaT redo it, which I don't think they do. They might do it once or something but from what I understand it's pretty much a one-time deal where you take your measurements and cross your fingers that what you get fits.

They look good for $500 suits, I might get one myself later. Besides the obvious points, I think one attractive factor in this is that Jason has a good idea of stylish suit looks and sort of acts as your virtual cutter. It's tough to find MTM shops who can give you stylish, aggressive cuts, as the vast majority of that industry is fairly stodgy. There's really no one else even offering stylish modern MTM for this price, or even double that. Makes me wonder how long he will keep selling at the $500 price point.

They're not really business suits, and apparently they look shit on anyone slightly overweight, but for what they are, I think they're a steal and a half.

500 for a fully canvassed is quite a good deal and the reason for the somewhat high price tag is that he's paying full retail for his fabrics but the quality and cut is there for anyone interested in a slim fitting suit.

Just make sure you know your measurements prior to ordering or have Jason guide you through.

this is interesting to me because the $500 price tag seems to make people think that the quality can't be there. the reason the price is so low is that he's a manufacturer/retailer. if he were selling these to stores they would probably cost $1000-1200 because of additional markup.

its a great deal for $500. you can't expect it to be perfect or to be comparable to stuff you see for $2K and up, but if you have reasonable expectations you should be very pleased. and if it isn't perfect it should be close enough to be able to have a local tailor tweak it to perfection quite easily.

Some of the suits have a "sleeve pitch" problem, if you skim the thread on styleforum, you can see discussions about it. One of the guys who owns/runs it said it's one of the current to fix problems.

im not too informed about suits but can you explain what a sleeve pitch problem is/?

• 1 month later...