Sign in to follow this  
Charlie Delta

Can we get some stricter rules and regulations for the Market already?

Shit like this pisses me off:

afbeelding1lt2.jpg

I'd like to see superfuture as not just another way for random people to sell their stuff on, people like this guy contribute nothing apart from what they are trying to sell, they most likely never even post out of the market and only log in once a day to bump their threads...

Otherwise, (and I've asked this before) is there any way to exclude supermarket from searches? When I'm just browsing I simply don't care about all the stuff people are trying to sell, and seeing as almost 2/3rd of a days new posts are in supermarket it would make my daily surfing a bit smoother....

Anything?

massi, xx_undefeated_xx, and denimnam45, many others are all guilty of this shit.. i don't get why they can't make one thread..

and when i call them out on shady dealing, i get an infraction

sufu getting that ad revenue, not care abutt members

hear, hear!

oh, and cotton, when you search can't you just select every subforum and then deselect supermarket?

Rep = Market power.

Make this shit worth something.

I'd like to see some restriction on who can create post in supermarket, it's ridiculous when any random chump can register (well, not now), and immediately start selling crap.

btw, dont buy silencio's "vintage dunhills"

all but 3 are for women.

just saying.

lol yeah the multiple thread thing is ridiculous. and it is risky business to buy from people who aren't even remotely regular. i mean, hell you could probably buy from fearitself without a hitch, but we know exactly why he's even in the red (is he still red?)

what is unsettling is that we have some <10 posts users who joined in march or april of 2008 with negative rep trying to sell stuff. but i guess hardly any of their stuff sells because of this though

anyway, yes, more regulation. also on a sidenote, why is it so hard for people to use the yes/no or the small questions thread, let alone search first? :mad:

ironman, i was playing some electro and then staring at your sweeping meet for 2 mins...then i started staring at aznboi's again

I would think the mods would be all over the multiple thread guys; supermarket moves fast enough as it is without these shmucks taking up half the screen.

personally i find all the WTB threads kind of irritating too. if you want to buy something then go fucking buy it. it makes browsing items for sale more difficult.

can there be anything done about the mulple bumping of threads without a price drop or any adjustments?

i like style forums new setup with subcategories... can we follow suit?

wire.artist is another violater.

/snitch

yes psleazie..

or mebbe have like a private invite supermarket forum thingy where only members who've accumulated xxx amount of rep (probably xxxx is best) or have proof of employment to such places as barneys, browns, atelier, etc........may be invited in to post/sell/buy. (zero)

how much for that raf jkt?

dude did you see brent bolthouse in that dior leather? i'm sure his blazers are too... brent doesn't approve of raf.

bolthouse-brent_222x355.jpg

yeah... raf like, sucks. and stuff. ok?

i think limiting people from being able to post in supermarket is stupid because some contribute in shopper, some in fashion, some in culture, some in the trash, and some in the market.

but definitely limit the amount of threads per person to one unless that person has a very good reason to post more than that.

Also, it's possible to exclude supermarket in your search. In advance search, you can select more than one forum with the Apple key (im guessing ctrl in windows), just select all of them except supermarket. It would be nice if the selection could be exclusive rather than inclusive but i dont even think thats a feature of vbulletin

Otherwise, (and I've asked this before) is there any way to exclude supermarket from searches?

That is a clever idea.

Also, it's possible to exclude supermarket in your search. In advance search..

I have no opinion on this subject but I'd like to bring up the point that Google site search is far superior and you can't exclude anything on that.

i like style forums new setup with subcategories... can we follow suit?

+1. This is especially helpful on WTB. If anything, having just a separate WTB category would be worthwhile and wouldn't sub-categorize too much.

I have no opinion on this subject but I'd like to bring up the point that Google site search is far superior and you can't exclude anything on that.

Just do a search and add " - supermarket" and it will exclude any page that mentions supermarket.

it was bound to happen.

superfuture got greedy last year and decided that the most reputable and high-volume supermarket regulars needed to be giving them a taste.

thus, they forced out a lot of those folks, replaced by a whole ton of scamming spammers. cheers.

neither search is very good. for example my ghetto hack to view all of someone's waytw posts is to search for the user name, no content, supershopper, threads with 40,000 posts or more, list as single posts

the point is there should be a better search feature (google isnt very tailored to forums) but i guess vbulletin doesnt care

BUMP

my daily supermarket bump recently got killed because wire.artists bumped like 15 of his threads the second after me. maybe limit each user to one supermarket thread per month and they can make more if they ask for permission (like one FS, one WTB)

also one way to make that easier would be to remove the 10 picture limit in supermarket.

yeah, limiting a user to one or two supermarket threads is a great idea. actually enforcing the one bump every two days would be nice as well - this is one of the rules routinely broken by users who only view this as another board on which to resell.

i think sufu should've learned a lesson when xx_undefeated_xx's spam market posting ended up being a scam, as he ripped off multiple people

and they are still allowing people like massi to fill up a whole page themselves