Brand new company - Popsicleclothing

atariswede

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A word of advice. You should keep posting about your brand on here every chance you get, like in all the forums and all the threads. Even if the thread has nothing to do your brand, don't miss an opportunity to plug! Particulairly all the denim threads, they love going off on tangents and hearing about new labels like Reckon and Mindtrix in there. It really hypes them up! So get to it and really get everyone excited about popsicle!

Quote:

A word of advice. You should keep posting about your brand on here every chance you get, like in all the forums and all the threads. Even if the thread has nothing to do your brand, don't miss an opportunity to plug! Particulairly all the denim threads, they love going off on tangents and hearing about new labels like Reckon and Mindtrix in there. It really hypes them up! So get to it and really get everyone excited about popsicle!

--- Original message by My Pal the Crook on Oct 1, 2005 09:24 AM

Haha, where did Reckon go? I quite enjoyed that thread

Popsicle Clothing,

Good luck with what you are doing and credit to you for making the efforts to do something you want to do.

Would I buy your tees? - Probably not to my taste, but that is not important. If you identify a market for your product get out there and sell the shit out of it!

Some people here and in the 'real world' will hate on you because they don't like your line or what it stands for. Who cares!

Those are the very same people that need endorsement for their outfit from the 'superfuture elders' before they step outside.

We are all guilty of needing brand reassurance sometimes and this is a great place to get it, but im sure a few people that post here would don potato sacks if certain aficionados said that it was the next big thing

Keep doing what you are doing - I hope it works out

Sam

sam79london

Quote:

Popsicle Clothing,

Good luck with what you are doing and credit to you for making the efforts to do something you want to do.

Would I buy your tees? - Probably not to my taste, but that is not important. If you identify a market for your product get out there and sell the shit out of it!

Some people here and in the 'real world' will hate on you because they don't like your line or what it stands for. Who cares!

Those are the very same people that need endorsement for their outfit from the 'superfuture elders' before they step outside.

We are all guilty of needing brand reassurance sometimes and this is a great place to get it, but im sure a few people that post here would don potato sacks if certain aficionados said that it was the next big thing

Keep doing what you are doing - I hope it works out

Sam

--- Original message by sam79london on Oct 1, 2005 10:10 PM

theres a market for everything.

I have to agree..the designs and logo a bland.

I hate to sound like an ass, but why does everyone and their mom come out with a "clothing label" and end up doing a bunch of shirts. Maybe its the design student part of me, but show me some real cut and sew stuff pleaseeee.

I am by no means suggestion you quit what you're doing. I know my statement can be seen as harsh, but it was just more of an observation. I would like to see something more than tshirts, but hey, you could just want to do a tshirt line, which there is nothing wrong with.

But just another opinion, for a line that's just emerging, it would be nice to have designs other than the company logo, to associate the brand with. This is part of creating a brand identity, you may sell a few shirts here or there if its just your logo, but if you're unknown or just starting out its hard to get more people interested in a logo for a brand they don't know. I would say hit the drawing board and kick out some ill designs that don't have JUST the logo to create buzz/interest, and once you get a lot of people really interested in what you have to offer, the simple logo tees will fly off the shelves.

dont worry thats our next step. its just hard to come up with designs when you are trying to keep it clean and simple, your designs then have to be reallllly good. but yeah thats the next stop.

we only do t-shirts because i aint got money and stuff for doin cut and sew stuff, id fucking love to do that i really would!

we've only been about for like a month!

If johnny cupcakes can do it..so can you! Word of advice, I would stick with myspace to promote this brand rather than SF...SF is a bunch of jaded designers, slacksters, lurkers, scenesters, and people "in the industry"...stick with your base, then come back after you made your first mil, and say back then they didnt want me now im hot they all know me.

updated.

yeah I know what you mean. I appologize if I came off like some elitist fashion snob or something. My point was, in a market thats supersaturated, especially now, with tshirt lines..you gotta have something that makes you stand out from the rest. Johnny cupcakes has a marketable logo and some nifty designs, designing is a hard thing I know, but if you can address the problems of simplicity and cleanliness and still have a good design I think you'll be on the right track to getting some nice shit out.

And i know cut and sew is hard stuff to get into, but it would be refreshing to see a post of a new company and see something other than tshirts.

good luck.

and get a real domain! that's important. they're pretty cheap too. i pay 10.00/month for mine. try www.servercentral.net