Stocks, who here invests?

masuerte

The funny part of this thread to me IS. That if you can afford Goyard this and Dior that, you most likely: 1- are already rich (and might be worth listining to assuming you made the cash and not your parents.) 2- Have no idea how to invest your money and are the last person to take any finanical advice from.

Just some thoughts ;)

I don't know that anyone here is dispensing much financial advice really..

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

couldn't that be said for every part of this forum.

Which part, that people are rich? preteneding to be rich? or just talking out there ass? This is one of many threads of this very vast fourm. it is a comment pertenant to the now, this thing, this moment of converstation, not a assumption or projection on the site, which deals with many other areas of interest no matter how seriously or in depth. its called different channels bub, they all show different things. spice channel aint talking about obama, not in the way we think about it at least.

anyway, thanks!

Which part, that people are rich? preteneding to be rich? or just talking out there ass? This is one of many threads of this very vast fourm. it is a comment pertenant to the now, this thing, this moment of converstation, not a assumption or projection on the site, which deals with many other areas of interest no matter how seriously or in depth. its called different channels bub, they all show different things. spice channel aint talking about obama, not in the way we think about it at least.

anyway, thanks!

What I was getting at was your initial comment, which you could draw a parallel to the ones on this forum that are already fashion-forward and those that are lost and simply not.

all the resources on trading in the stock market that i have come across have been about long term investing...

lets say i want to make some cash on the side,

just something i can take off the top, a couple hundred dollars

is this even viable?

are then any resources that cater specifically to this?

all the resources on trading in the stock market that i have come across have been about long term investing...

lets say i want to make some cash on the side,

just something i can take off the top, a couple hundred dollars

is this even viable?

are then any resources that cater specifically to this?

something is better than nothing. That being said, if your work has a 401k start there.

The majority of my money is just sitting in my account now. Im too much of a pussy to buy anything more in this ridiculously unstable market. Fannie mae and Freddie mac about to get fucked up the ass doesnt help weither. Might get into forex or something. Whats yall experience with that? If not forex, what else seems to be hot? Im cold on ideas right now.

You're telling me you are worried about volatility but you wanna get into FX?

Are you fucking joking?

A lot of stock sectors right now are on the cheap.

A buy and hold strategy right now wouldn't be a bad idea.

The majority of my money is just sitting in my account now. Im too much of a pussy to buy anything more in this ridiculously unstable market. Fannie mae and Freddie mac about to get fucked up the ass doesnt help weither. Might get into forex or something. Whats yall experience with that? If not forex, what else seems to be hot? Im cold on ideas right now.

forex?! the cognitive dissonance is making my brain explode.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
forex?! the cognitive dissonance is making my brain explode.

Yeah. Jesus. I looked into forex a few years ago, downed a few books before I realized the ONLY people who make any money at that game are the top movers. Get richers get screwed.

I haven't moved any of my investments since I dumped all my gold a few months ago (very good sale).

I'm mostly in tech and canadian resources (mines, oil etc).

My roomate used to be a highly paid investment analyst so I got lazy just taking his tips. Since he quit I'm scared to do anything alone.

• 4 weeks later...

"cya shareholder suckers!" Daniel Mudd and Richard Syron were last heard uttering as they lept from their 747.

Unbeknownst to them, the govt had replaced their golden parachates with beige, poor people parachutes.

http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/provider/providerarticle.aspx?feed=AP&date=20080915&id=9114576

govt blocks 24 million dorra CEO exit packages lol.

"cya shareholder suckers!" Daniel Mudd and Richard Syron were last heard uttering as they lept from their 747.

Unbeknownst to them, the govt had replaced their golden parachates with beige, poor people parachutes.

http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/provider/providerarticle.aspx?feed=AP&date=20080915&id=9114576

govt blocks 24 million dorra CEO exit packages lol.

I'm surprised the govt would even attempt this. I guess they had to do something after letting CEOs off the hook a thousand times.