black pants???

sun

check out yoox.com you might find something quite interesting there. If the pants you like are still too expensive try to get the brands you liked on yoox from ebay....

For cheap but quite fashionable blacvk pants I'd check H&M and Zara.

• 1 year later...
whoa, i asked this a while ago... i ended up getting H&m pants, which were slim, and low, but kinda bootcut, so i got them tailored straight leg. they are perfect! ( i also changed my name on here since asking this question)

DAMNT!

i want staight ones and i was planning on going to h&m first thing friday morning

I like H&M a lot for slacks. No real reason to buy anything more expensive than that.

I like Wal mart for jeans, no reason to buy anything more expensive than that....no wait, how can I post on a clothing forum and say that without considering that the increase in construction/design/material could be a good reason to, maybe, get something better.

how straight are H&M's black slacks? I want to get some that are REALLY slim....

edit-- slim jim/apc hipster slim...

I know you've got your slacks but in case anyone is wondering the slimmest one I've seen are from Balenciaga and Cloak, you're talking heroin-addict slim.

I like Wal mart for jeans, no reason to buy anything more expensive than that....no wait, how can I post on a clothing forum and say that without considering that the increase in construction/design/material could be a good reason to, maybe, get something better.

It appears I can never disagree with Fuuma... must be a montreal thing.

BTW, I bought a pair of Jil Sander pants today :D

It appears I can never disagree with Fuuma... must be a montreal thing.

BTW, I bought a pair of Jil Sander pants today :D

Must be a Montreal thing indeed....

Congrats on the Jil Sander, I have a great appreciation for their trousers and suits.

BTW I made the jeans comments because, judging from his cool blog pictures, horriblyjollyjinx is a real jeans aficionado (update your blog!!!). I’m really tired of seeing those “paying more than $200 for jeans or $700 for a blazer comments is useless†on fashion boards, everybody sets their limits and as long as they can still pay the bills I don’t see why they can’t seek higher value (all subjective of course) without being derided. Frankly I usually avoid joining money discussions (how much do you spend, what’s your max for, how much is your outfit worth, etc) as they’re usually symptomatic of crass ambient materialism and not true appreciation for high quality designs and traditional craftsmanship that interest me. Oh and I dress well to look cool too, that’s important, right?

well i like the idea of h&m because its cheap but still reasonably good looking. at least a lot better looking than any pants for the same price at macy's/express etc.

i dont want them like, skinny jean slim, but slim fit enough so that they dont look like the usual dress slacks. Im going to h&m friday morning to check those joints out. I guess if they are bootcut a little then whatever its not a big issue. I just need to get some pants.

• 2 weeks later...

Im in the same boat too...I live in Seattle (H&M, Zara deprived) I absolutely HAVE to get new dress pants tonight, as my business casual wardrobe is horrible and I refuse to subject myself to these baggy dockers black slacks anymore. Im not willing to buy kenneth cole or any of the overpriced garbage at Macys. Yet I cant swing anything from Barney's right now. IM SCREWED MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I live in seattle as well, and there is nothing reasonably priced for black slim fitting slacks. Barneys is way out of my price range.

Riveted on 1st has some April 77 black slacks that are REALLY thin, and I love them, however they rival 180 bucks.

I want to order some h&m slacks, but im not sure on sizing. I wear 28 in APC's and had to stretch them for comfort. Do you think a 29 or 30 would be best for the slacks at H&M? Also, what do they run? 50-60 bucks? Thanks.

Well after hours of deliberation, I decided Im going to try Gap tonight and see how that goes for dress pants. Its just for business casual so whatever. I just hope their prices are what they are online, on sale for $40. Even the original price of $60 isnt too bad for Gap...

I have a pair of the black H&M pants that have back pockets like jeans and are way better then dockers or whatever. Some of my friends wear them to work in retail places like Bloomingdales and they look great and meet the dress code.

They were around $40 new and fit true to your jean size. My waist shrank over the summer so if anyone wants a size 30x32 only worn once send me a message.

I went out last night to the Gap and Nordstrom Rack... The Gap's prices are pretty decent for dress pants but I dont recommend it unless youre into huge flare cuts, even in their wool pants. And Nordstrom Rack, as usual, no good unless you're looking for pleated grandpa slacks from sketchy brands. I managed to get some sketchy brand sport shirts in my size from there instead out of pure desperation, which of course have to be tailored like crazy. I feel like Im wearing a tent. I could make a whole other shirt out of the extra fabric. Im just going to save up for some Jil Sander pants or something. Or make a friend from an H&M city.

i have some slim fitting zara dress pants in a size 30 if any of you guys are interested.. i got them for a job interview but never actually went to it. they are brand new with tags.. retail was $88 i think. i'll sell them for 80 bucks shipped if you guys are interested.

they fit really well, and i'd keep them, but i have absolutely no use for them and those $80 bucks would be useful to me.

i'll try to have pictures of them tonight.