Fighting "item not as described" claims on ebay

herpsky

8. ************************************

Okay, you WILL get screwed by 8. Online trackable proof WITH online signature confirmation. Guess what? I don't think this even exists. If it does someone please enlighten me.

Let's say you found this type of service. Now you have to make sure the buyer who purchased the item signs it. How can you make sure of this? You can't. Good luck, especially if you send it to a business. More than likely this will be the clause that really fucks you over.

9. Honestly, more than likely at this point Paypal will never give your money back. They claim to investigate but will not go further than checking if you have online tracking.

Good luck.

for #8, it just seems to be USPS priority mail and from other countries just anything with delivery confirmation and tracking. most of the stuff i get i have to go to the post office to sign for it, and when i ship out, i ask, "what's the cheapest air service with delivery confirmation and a tracking number?" and i have personally seen where you can check for online signature receipt, but it doesn't appear right away.

--> it's true that it will likely be the reason you get fucked if you're a seller, though

#9 is definitely true. i shipped back some fake shit to someone on eBay and it had the tracking, but it stopped at the postal office and didn't change for like 3 weeks (meaning the tracking didn't indicate the item was received, was just sitting at post office). naturally, if the person doesn't come to pick it up, the item ships back to me. but it didn't, and no matter how logically i tried to explain it, all PayPal kept saying is, "oh, tracking doesn't show he got it, you don't get your money back."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

what this shit means?

i just got that message yesterday for a replacement fuel pump i bought for my dad's car like 11-12 days ago. i don't see how i can do anything about the 7 day shipment thing, seeing as how i'll get the item anyway, just late. :(

If he sends them back he will get a refund if you dont give it to him .

otherwise paypal usually sides with seller in cases of not as described ..

Whats more fucked is when you sell ONE rare pair of jordans and the paypal nazis shut your shit down in full til you give um your nuts and faxes and proof of delivery ( which buyer already knew ould not be til weekend )

so I cannot pay for WAY PAST DUE Items or get paid for other items im selling in the meantime ..

retards

Sorry to hear that numero_uno. I was sort of in the same situation and had to fax them a ton of stuff. I basically faxed all communication with the buyer and e-mailed Paypal a PDF signature from the USPS. What almost screwed me over was that I sent it to Levi's Corp. in San Fran and it was signed by their own mail service, not the buyer. After calling Paypal about 6 times they finally escalated it to someone who could make a decision, where I pressed my case that it was impossible for the buyer to sign for it if I was sending it to a large corporation.

terms of service in your ebay auctions mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. i tried putting terms of service - i.e. you have to specifically request not to pay for insurance - but if you don't buy insurance - you are taking responsibility. everything defaults to paypal's

so the buyer claims something happened - goes to paypal and paypal refunds them, even after i explicitly showed that it was in the auction.

i've heard that usps deliv. confirmation isn't good enough proof of tracking for paypal's standards. is that true? if so, does usps offer anything that does comply or are you supposed to ship ups, fedex, etc.? payapls site is vague from what i've read.

It is going to depend on the price of the item. Anything over $250 should be sent with signature confirmation. Paypal will dick you anyway they can so I always have a bank account dedicated to take Paypal money out.

so i have had two outstanding items not matching description claims

one of them just cleared. i was told that the buyer would get refunded when he ships the item back to me i.e. he provides some delivery confirmation

can i claim that i never received the item back and double-pwn the buyer?

This b the email

We are in the process of investigating the following claim:

Transaction Date: Feb 25, 2008

Transaction Amount: -$132.50 USD

This claim has been reviewed and it has been determined that a full refund

of the PayPal transaction (including shipping and handling) should be

awarded to the buyer once the item, in its original condition, is returned

to you. The buyer is responsible for shipping and handling costs related to

returning the item to you.

You have provided the following shipping address:

------------------blah blah

United States

The buyer has 10 calendar days to provide proof of shipment for the item

being returned. PayPal will issue a refund from your account once the we

can confirm that the item was shipped.

The buyer is responsible for shipping and handling costs associated with the return shipment. We have asked the buyer to confirm that they shipped the item by providing tracking information.

The buyer’s deadline for responding to this case is May 7, 2008. If the buyer does not respond by the deadline, the claim will automatically be canceled. No further action is required of you at this time.

The question is "what qualifies as tracking information?"

terms of service in your ebay auctions mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. i tried putting terms of service - i.e. you have to specifically request not to pay for insurance - but if you don't buy insurance - you are taking responsibility. everything defaults to paypal's

so the buyer claims something happened - goes to paypal and paypal refunds them, even after i explicitly showed that it was in the auction.

as i understand it this is a legal thing, TOS in auctions mean bullshit from a contracts perspective, maybe they would hold up if you got infront of a nice judge with a good advocate i dunno its not my area atall, essentially risk remains on the seller until the contract is completed - why? well its the way they did it in ancient rome and our legal system is based on that. So the reason you cant get your money back is that 2000 years ago there were too many dodgy slave owners who promised to deliver slaves and never did. briliant. You might aswell put down that by bidding you are agreeing to sell your soul to me and have all my babies for all the effect its likley to have.

shit

i should have provided a non-existent returning address

that way i can pwn the buyer cause the package will bounce back like a mofo

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys

i won the other claim.

I responded to the complaints in a timely fashion. I ESCALATED the claim to paypal before the buyer did. I think that was key to winning this one.

Here:

Buyer's Name: Chris *********

Buyer's Email:

Buyer's Transaction ID: 1L973554NN588925X

Transaction Date: Feb 26, 2008

Transaction Amount: -$170.01 USD

Your Transaction ID: 1L973554NN588925X

Case Number: PP-454-623-775

Seller's Transaction ID: 1XV13827LF196624W

Based on PayPal's definition of significantly not-as-described, this claim

does not qualify for a refund for the following reason:

We found the seller to have accurately represented the item(s) in question.

Please review the User Agreement for more information. This case is

considered closed.

I've been giving some thought to fucking over known eBay fake peddlers by buying their crap and disputing every charge on the basis of fake items.

keep it as a thought and don't go through with it; even if the item is fake, sellers have an option of giving you full refund if you send it back, but you have to pay out of your own pocket to ship it back to them

and congrats herpsky

keep it as a thought and don't go through with it; even if the item is fake, sellers have an option of giving you full refund if you send it back, but you have to pay out of your own pocket to ship it back to them

and congrats herpsky

I don't think they can do that with fake items? Or am I wrong?

yeah they can, and i'm only talking through experience. it is pretty whack that they can give you an offer for you to ship it back and paypal/ebay doesn't even look into the fake seller. i can't remember for sure, but i think you aren't allowed to decline the offer. someone should confirm this

example: my brother bought some jeans for his girlfriend before and it was fake; opened claim, seller decided not to even defend himself, chose option "i'll give you refund if you send it back." sent it back, but the idiot doing the delivery didn't make him sign, so got nothing from paypal; ended up getting a refund from the actual postal service =/

another time i did send something back successfully to the seller for a full refund plus what i paid for shipping, but that was lucky. seller stood by her product etc. and it was done privately

i think paypal has little to do with seller or buyer favoured service; it just sucks but is the normal well-known service. their policies are bad and their service is generally slow; i also had a recent claim where i had enough evidence ready and proceeded to escalate to claim. the 10 business days passed and the seller didn't reply, but 2 more days after that it was still open when it should be automatically closed. i would think it to be programmed, but i had to email customer service before they refunded me

Here's my story:

Sold a phone to a buyer in Ukraine, shipped it with insurance and tracking. When it arrived, he claimed there was no phone there. Instantly, he filed a claim on PayPal so they yanked all my funds. We had to get a form sent from USPS to him and then PayPal required that he file a police report. I'm not sure what exactly happened but he failed to file a police report within the 10 days so I got my money back. I am still expecting him to leave me negative feedback because for some reason, he thinks I should give him back his money when in reality, the package was insured and USPS should be the one giving him the insured amount.

With eBay not allowing sellers to leave negative feedback and all of Paypals bullshit, I really am inclined to doing all my buying/selling on the supermarket here instead.