How long....

sun

how long do you typically wear a pair of jeans before you replace them with another pair, and what tells you that its time?

Also i was wondering what a pair of dry jeans (ie APC or Nudies) look like after wearing them for a long time and after multiple washes.

I dont own any dry jeans yet, im looking to get a pair, ive only worn washed jeans. I hate when you wear them for a few months and wash them a few times and they fade and start to turn white, like white streaks on the thighs. I like my jeans really dark, almost black, if not black. do dry jeans stay darker? and will not putting them in the dryer and a cold wash keep them from loosing color? thanks for any advice/comments!

The whole point of buying dry jeans w/ the intent on washing them is to achieve high-contrast natural fading. The only way you'll be able to minimize the fading process is to wear them carefully & dry clean them. But that's just seems like a waste since you could probably buy a one-rinse with the same dark color that'll fade less easily w/ dry cleaning.

Quote:

i disagree....get dry jeans and dryclean them instead of washing. i like my dry dark jeans to stay that way so most of my dry jeans get drycleaned and they stay dark.

--- Original message by Teddy Boy Rocker on Sep 27, 2005 12:20 PM

yeah of course you can just dry clean them without affecting the fade...but then whats the point of getting dry jeans? then just get any pair of jeans and dont wash them.

Quote:

believe it or not, dry jeans have actually existed before 2004 icon_smile_dissapprove.gif

and not everyone has been brainwashed by the Nudie 6 month rule

--- Original message by Teddy Boy Rocker on Sep 27, 2005 12:49 PM

hes asking for a pair of jeans that he can wash alot with minimal fading. thats not a strong point of dry jeans...

i realize that dry jeans will fade, but i was thinking that maybe they would fade a little less/less easily than prewashed jeans. all of my prewashed jeans turn to a whiteish fade down the thigh and on the back. i figured that with dry jeans the white areas would not be as large and be more confined to spaces that get a lot of wear or friction, like where you have a wallet in your pocket. does this make sense? And also, im not washing like every week. Ive been washing my prewash jeans maybe every 6 weeks.

I guess a better way of asking this is.... If you wear them for 6+ months then wash them, then wear them for another long period of time, how do they look after the second wash? third wash? do you all keep them that long? theyre expensive, so if i spend a bunch of money on them i want them to last and keep them a while and not look like shit.

Edited by sun on Sep 27, 2005 at 01:32 PM

Edited by sun on Sep 27, 2005 at 01:37 PM