the real reason why fadetoblack left

hellogoodbye

FadetoBlack:

i received a PM about this earlier today, and I'll just post my response here for those who are wondering about what happened...the posts it took place in is irrelevant, what matters is my intentions which I outline here:

i'll give you an explanation of what really went down. It wasn't much of a big deal at first, but the fact that a) I am a very argumentative person and B) I was getting attacks on my personal character as well as blanket statements on my style that didn't seem to have any backing or understanding as to what the clothes I wear are about made for a combustible combination. All that attention whoring and ranting was really an excuse to try to get me banned so I don't go back to engage in neverending, hostile debates that always seem to come up whenever I go back there. It is nothing about insanity, bipolar disorder, or whatever the hell else they're labeling me as over there right now. If I didn't play a more extreme card, they would not have banned me as they probably saw me as a decent contributor in other aspects of the forum, so it was the only way I knew out. As you can see from what I'm typing to you now, I am a very rational and level headed person, well as far as human beings can be such anyway. I participate on several message boards regularly, and I am just looking to share/hear mine and other perspectives to broaden my vision.

I think it's human nature to justify oneself, and anyone who has the slightest bit of observation skills or understanding of human psychology knows that when you criticize someone else, it is a knee jerk reflex for them to defend their position...which is why I think what Superfuture has become isn't really a productive place to discuss style, fashion or culture. People there have resorted to trolling and engaging in juvenile and petty flame wars to get a rise out of others for their own kicks...whatever it may be, I usually have a compulsion to have to get the last word in everything, and I knew there would be no end so I decided to not waste my time and went nuts so I could get banned and not have to go into that pattern of constant debate from which I gain nothing.

Author's Note: Superfuture, I think is a failed online experiment. At least the message board part. What started out as a platform for a close knit community of skaters entering adulthood to share their experiences and learn from each other about things relating to lifestyle and fashion has become a playground for juvenile delinquents. If I was Wayne I would nuke the forum entirely, I don't see how it continues to serve any productive purpose. Keep the main site and the guide, but rid of the talk. I've never been a student in a middle American high school, but having spent some time at the Future recently I think I have an idea of what it must be like.

i feel cheated. i thought he rly was bipolar for a second ther. he got sufu good.

Author's Note: Superfuture, I think is a failed online experiment. At least the message board part. What started out as a platform for a close knit community of skaters entering adulthood to share their experiences and learn from each other about things relating to lifestyle and fashion has become a playground for juvenile delinquents. If I was Wayne I would nuke the forum entirely, I don't see how it continues to serve any productive purpose. Keep the main site and the guide, but rid of the talk. I've never been a student in a middle American high school, but having spent some time at the Future recently I think I have an idea of what it must be like.[/i]

Supertalk wasn't an online experiment. Wayne never had any intentions or expectations for Superfuture on this scale (mind you Supertalk and Superfuture are two separate entities by now).

Message boards have been around for over a decade. Get the fuck over it. If you think this is a result of some freak social experiment gone awry, then you haven't taken a look at the “real worldâ€.

Y'know, I respect FTB as a poster, but fuck is a he self-absorbed character. And feeling the need to always have the last word in an argument is immature in my book, not human nature. If you do anything in public you need to be able to handle criticism with grace, not feel like you have to explain and defend yourself endlessly. Someone who claims to be so self assured and full of confidence shouldn't so defensive when criticized by people he claims not to respect.

Guest hossoso

Making fun of F2B is stupid. I don't know when this became popular but, fuck you forever. If you kick someone when they are down you are a coward.

I had respect for FTB as a poster, he spoke his mind when necessary but I see where all of this is coming from. Reading over that statement left from him gives me the assumption that the guy is surely full of himself and has no intentions of changing that.

But what bothers me is the fact that for someone who speaks with so much intelligence and confidence can let someone over a computer criticize you...

As someone mentioned earlier, learn to handle criticizm with grace and move on from it, there's no need to defend yourself endlessly to get your point across.. You can't please everybody in this world..Take everything in stride..

Guest spazzz
as a person one-on-one he is a very nice guy and easy to get along with. back in the skypechat days, he used to be totally cool...now on sufu, thats a different story. he doesnt seem to carry much self confidence with him and wears his emotions on his sleeves...

he's the only guy that doesn't follow suit with all these horrible trends. thats self confidence if i've seen it. he was wearing dior before 99.9% of people here. I don't like his look at all, but he's certainly not sheep.

Supertalk wasn't an online experiment. Wayne never had any intentions or expectations for Superfuture on this scale (mind you Supertalk and Superfuture are two separate entities by now).

Message boards have been around for over a decade. Get the fuck over it. If you think this is a result of some freak social experiment gone awry, then you haven't taken a look at the “real worldâ€.

didn't you get the memo? this is the truman show, online.

He looked like a very cool guy, someone i'd enjoy talking with. But there was this sort of polemic around one of his relaxed fit. I think that if he just read the criticism and didn't add more oil on the water nobody would have continued on it. This was a pointless discussion furthermore, and the other knew he would react this way i think.

I wish him the best.

I am a very rational and level headed person that likes to get intentionally banned on forums because i have no self control.

I am a very rational and level headed person that likes to get intentionally banned on forums because i have no self control.

keep telling yourself that and we'll see you back in time for ftb_3

Who cares if he is original or whatever... if you don't have the willpower to leave an online community, you are the weakest person I have ever seen. I didn't think FTB was bad guy before, I didn't know much and I didn't care if he wasn't good looking and I liked his style. But now... meh, what a tool.