Skateboards?

flex0r

this is super random but does anyone have or remember this one Habitat tour article from like 2001, in maybe Slap Magazine?...there was this one pic of all the dudes (Tim O'Connor, Rob Pluhowski, Fred Gall and Bill Strobeck, maybe more) just chilling (tho i think Bill's jumping ha), all of them wearing Wallabees. That was the sickest photo, i want to see it again :).

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yo R&S, I remember fucking nerding out on that! The other dude is Jake Rupp, and it was a tour to like Boston and Toronto, definitely in SLAP. Sick steez with olive green chinos and wally's, I remember attempting to replicate that shit. So funny you mentioned that. I'll scan it if I can and post it up.

YOU ARE THE MAN, STRAIGHT UP

THANK YOU!

and yeah man i was totally hyped for Bill's look too! i seriously went on a mission to find brown or black suede low-top wallabees at the time, called up clarks everything, and it was impossible, because that's when they started to make them things in China and you couldn't find non-sand low-top suede wally's -anywhere-.

hate to ask but any chance you could post a larger-scale (full size) version of that pic? :D

^^^wakkk!

Is Tim O'Connor wearing Vita's in that pic?

I was never really feeling those.

Who else was on that team? I know Natas Kaupas. Was Dill on there too?

yeah Dill was on there...his were the only Vitas that i thought looked kinda rad. they were exact rips (down to the colorway) of some kind of Timberland trail shoes. Danny Garcia and i think Rob Pluhowski were on there too?

Is Tim O'Connor wearing Vita's in that pic?

I was never really feeling those.

Who else was on that team? I know Natas Kaupas. Was Dill on there too?

yeah... dill had some running shoe looking shits from them. never liked them either

remember these motherfuckers???

Converse_Chany_Pro_1__167222.jpg

had helium or some shit in em. i dont understand how converse could make some shit like that, but never made a vulk sole to skate in

^ chany, right? wasn't kenny anderson on converse too? Back then what was vulcanized though? a couple of vans?

I think tonight is mag diggin' night!

well... a couple of vans and FUCKING CHUCK TAYLORS!!!! and i know i skated in one stars, but they could have used some extra leather on the toe and ollie area.

While on the subject of older skate shoes, was it me or did NO ONE buy koston 4's? I remember thinking they were sick, especially these ones, the first color.. but I just never felt like spending so much on them, I think they were like 90$ or so.

a696_1.JPG

And off topic, I think my favorite skate shoe no longer made would be these k1's, except the ones I had were released before these with mesh and a slightly slimmer shape..

427a_1.JPG

I wish Dill's shoe for DVS that looked like the Nike Zoom Haven got released.

I saw samples but they never made it to production.

Havens are the shit. I love my pair but I can't do much more than walk at a medium pace in them without tearing up the soles.

And off topic, I think my favorite skate shoe no longer made would be these k1's, except the ones I had were released before these with mesh and a slightly slimmer shape..

427a_1.JPG

you see this video of the lakai design dept?:

http://www.vitalskate.com/videos/features/Inside-The-Lakai-Design-Dept,6292/Inside-The-Lakai-Design-Dept,1338/mike-metcalf,124

they're bringing back the navy/gum colorway w/mesh on the k1