Shuttle Loomed Denim

johninger

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Quote:

For that matter, has anyone got a really nice picture of faded train track down outside of jeans due to selvage.

If so please post, trying to describe to a friend in US about this phenomenon.

--- Original message by johninger on Sep 19, 2005 12:24 AM

Dunno if this is still relevent but heres me rocking some pretty good traintracks on some hammered edwins with me lovely safaris!

dsc022670lt.jpg

dsc022663ls.jpg

• 5 months later...
Quote:

how do you order by email? just send them your address and your size? do you paypal it or something?

help me out

--- Original message by watchman on May 4, 2006 06:57 PM

Read the Imperial Denim thread in superdenim.

Quote:

I have seen and heard of people buying jeans based on the quality of the denim. Raw shuttle loomed is all i really buy now a days as well (bit pretentious i know).

But the main thing most people forget is the construction and fit of the jean is as important as the quality of the fabric.

For instance, evisu make out they are such a premium jean but most pairs these days have all overlocked inner seams, no felling except yoke. I mean same with Nudie etc. If I'm gonna spend $200 + on a pair of raw jeans to break in myself they better want to last ie old levis.

When in Australia last I bought a pair of Imperial Brand Clothing raw jeans and have bought them via email ever since. They are possibly the most well crafted pair of jeans on earth. Not only are they well made but they only use the best shuttle loomed denim from Japan and US. Add on their hand cut and embossed leather tags and beautiful pocket stitching I wish more people knew about them.

Sorry if I sound like their sales guy but I have become passionate about them. Also, could someone please recommend a place to buy very old vintage levis online (ie pre-WWII).

ps I hope indigo does not cause cancer.

www.imperial.st

--- Original message by johninger on Sep 18, 2005 06:48 PM

and you point is?

wow... this is funny. you all thought that johninger was working for imperial, and were gonna write them both off. and then saying serge wouldnt be into them. now look at where we are. serge just posted pics of his imperials, theres a multi page thread about them, and noone thinks johninger is on imperials payroll.

If you've lost your faith in superfuture, Oh the end won't be long

Because if it's gone for you then I too may lose it, And that would be wrong

I've tried so hard to keep myself from falling

Back into my bad old ways

And it chars my heart to always hear you calling

Calling for the good old days

Because there were no good old days

These are the good old days