Shuttle Loomed Denim

johninger

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh crap, I just got email from them and apparently they don't stock it here no more coz ppl here can't appreciate quality denim made in their own country! No one seems to want to wear stuff from there own country these things it seems...

Here's the mail -

We have been concentrating on some overseas accounts for the last couple

of seasons and have unfortunately neglected Australian stores.

Main reasons for this is time and also very few boutiques in Oz know how

to sell raw shuttle loomed denim. About 2 years ago we gave up on the

Australian market (in regards to selvage denim) and basically only stock

some queensland boutiques (our home state) now for sampling/trialling

purposes.

I mean you may know something we don't (ie some nice stores that

appreciate and could move fine denim) but on our last trip to Sydney all

they wanted to know was, how do we get tsubi accounts?...

Anyway, perhaps you could suggest somewhere and I'll get my sales team on

to it. Pity to not stock your home country...

Kind Regards

Info

Imperial Brand Clothing

Australia

Quote:

Blame it on my crotch.

Johninger... are you Japanese? If so... where did you learn to speak English? Time spent abroad I presume?

--- Original message by gunpwdr on Sep 20, 2005 05:47 PM

Yes I'm Japanese. However, my father used to work in a company that posted him many places. Hong Kong was where I actually learnt my english, mainly from other asians though so it is not so good as learning from English people.

I don't blame your crotch by the way...

I hope indigo doesn't cause cancer...

Quote:

The wicked witch wouldn't let them sell it in Oz.

--- Original message by johninger on Sep 20, 2005 11:59 PM

Maybe ask "Aunt may" if she could move some of the denim....ive seen it, i live in sydney and one of my mates has a pair of black washed and ive seen the blue as well out on the town they are so awesome. i really wanna pair of imperials, especially the raw i saw them on the site and they look awesome, but right now any imperials for me would be great. the denim, the make on the inside seems or whatever and the Stitching on the back pocket...its the best ive ever seen. i love it.

i really wanna get my hands on some so if anyone knows of anywhere i can get some to try on and stuff let me know.....

Denim Dave Signs off

DENIMAN DAVE icon_smile_clown.gif

johninger: If you're going to go on message boards and blogs to shill your jeans, at least do it with a bit of subtlety....posting again and again to a thread you started yourself was a bit of a giveaway, as was the fact that you knew a lot about the product line of a company that no one else here seemed to have heard of. Starting off by lying to people is not going to leave them very positively disposed to you or your product. Creating a new user account to agree with yourself won't fix things. Being honest and saying that you're trying to generate interest and solicit opinions on a new denim line would have gotten people much more excited (especially seeing as you appear to know what your talking about and seem willing to contribute to other threads on the boards)

Here's a thought. If you are really convinced of the quality of your jeans, why not offer to send out a few review pairs? Spend a week or two here and you'll figure out who knows their shit and will give an honest opinion (anotherwords, who the denim tastemakers are). Offer to send three or four of these people some jeans and - if they are as good as you and dave deniman reckon they are - you'll end up with some serious sales on your hands.

And oh yeah, re what dunkin deeznuts says above. Maybe a site redesign might not be a bad idea?

Quote:

dude it's so obvious your from imperial you've come here yesterday and posted everything about them in every relevant thread right away. it's not even subtle

--- Original message by emrinderForgotHisPassword on Sep 19, 2005 04:13 PM

i quote myself comrades, to make my point

i fought the law and the law won

yakboy is right....some of these denim-knowledgeable screennames are like minor celeberities on this site. send them the product and get good reviews and sales could shockwave more than you'd imagine. I do decide what i like based on my own opinions, but if some one like serge were to endorse a pair of jeans, i might just buy em too see what was up.

I think downwithianbrown is really serge trying to get a pair off me even though i have only two functional pairs and they are both mine... also I think he may be a spy from another fashiongeekforum sent to check out what we are saying (NB i don;t actually think this but this is the paranoia pervading this thread)

Take some haldol or something. I have nothing to do with any denim company (anymore, used to work in the industry) and also i do not know who denimdave is. I got a feeling a conspiracy is happening and one of you guys put up that post to make it look like it was me.

Actually quite a shame, reason i'm defending myself so strongly is that i have enjoyed viewing site and thought I could add a bit given I have quite an extensive knowledge of denim and woven manufacturing industry.

Anyway if that is the way the cookie crumbles, i'm gonna eat the crumbs

I think downwithianbrown is really serge trying to get a pair off me

knew you were being sarcastic, just saying it wouldn't be serge. maybe one of the high school kids. they act like they own this board but there are a bunch of people who like to talk about denim. you seem to know your stuff, it would be a pity to lose someone with knowledge because of some know it alls.

circle-10.gif

thanks i appreciate your words. It is an incredible mix of people in here.

I wonder how representative of the population this crowd is. In Japan even there is not this much interest in Raw shuttle loomed denim. Its a breath of fresh air to find people that are interested in quality and a little about history of denim.