Nudies RR greycast fit question...

Handlethevibe

Quote:

Yeah I know, search the forums, I already did..

I'm 32 waist. Should I get a 31 or 30 waist? I want jeans that are tight but not like NUT hugging cameltoe tight, just comfortable tight. How much do RRs stretch?

--- Original message by Handlethevibe on Sep 16, 2005 03:31 PM

I've only seen one pair of regular ralff's that are tight and they were worn about 5 sizes too small by some weird guy that tied the bottom of his shirt on mynudies.com. Otherwise, the Slim Jim is more of a tight fit and probably more along the lines of what you're looking for.

ok, i usually wear 31 in everything -- diesel, seven, paper denim, apc english -- my experience with my greycasts is that they stretch alot in the waist, like enough that if the thighs and knees weren't as snug as they were, they would fall off. when i first got them they were perfect. i don't have big legs at all but they were slim on me. when i have mine on they look like this http://www.mynudies.com/index.php?page=4&smartor_mode=album_showpage&pic_id=13 -- but with a little more flare (in the pic they are the bootcut ola's)

its not that big of deal for me, and i'm hoping they will shrink alot when i wash them in hot water and finally dry them.

if you want a snugger jean overall go with 31 if you want a more normal pair that still 'fits' go with the 32 --

oh another thing -- i'm usually a 32 inseam but i have 34's bc i know they will shrink alot as indicated buy this pair http://www.mynudies.com/index.php?page=4&smartor_mode=album_showpage&pic_id=224 --

hope this helps

Guest Montreal

Hmm,

Thank you for making this post. I'm getting my first pair of Greycast RR's on Tuesday. I usually wear a 33 in Diesel, Seven, etc, but the store only had a pair of 32's. I tried em on and they were WAY too tight. So I asked em to order a pair of 33's. Didn't have any. Had to settle with a pair of 34's. Now I'm worried they may be too big.

We'll see what happens.

I settled for a 34 also, because 34x34 was the last pair they had. My other jeans are 34 (sevens), 33 (pdc), and 32 (diesel). So I'd probably say I'm a natural 33.

The 34 nudie is definitely a bit loose, especially since i've had them since mid July. Its not so bad though. I only settled because they were $128 (instead of the usual $256) so it was definitely worth it. Its a bit baggy, but they still fit well enough. Don't seem to be breaking in as easily though.

Edit: Mine are DS, but i don't think it matters./..

Edited by PG2G on Sep 18, 2005 at 09:52 PM

Guest Montreal

I just picked up my RR Greycasts. I ordered a 34 and tried them on...too big. No store in Montreal has a 33 so I bought them in 32 because if they strech like people say they do, then I'll be fine. Not to mention I'm the most out of shape I've been in years and I do plan on getting back into the gym within the month.

They cost me $200 Canadian which is a bit better than the $185 USD retail.

I can't wait to wear them. My roomate who isn't into fashion or anything LOVES them. I showed him the worn pics on mynudies.com and he's on his way to the store to get a pair right now.

Can't wait to see how they turn out.

what si the difference in terms of fading on a grey cast and a dry selvage, do they fade grey instead of blue? do they fade faster?

and directed to montreal

of course they are uncomfortable, all dry jeans are uncomfortable when you first by them, wear them for a couple of weeks and after a while they will be come waayyyy more comfortable than your bootcut lame ass sevens, jsut have to have a little patience

chwa?

Heh, I've had mine for 2 months and they still aren't anywhere near as comfortable as my sevens. Wearing them everyday, you kinda get used to the stuff feel though. It bothered me when I first tried them on, but after a while you don't even notice.

Guest Montreal

My Sevens don't suck...they are amazing. So comfortable. How can they 'overall just suck' if they are that comfortable. I don't see how something can be so good if you have to go to any length to justify its greatness/

Guest Montreal

^ Where do you live?

I bought my Nudies from a department store in Montreal called Simons. Their Nudies were tucked behind Simons' in-house brand of $30 jeans...you can tell they get no love here.

sevens are girl jeans, but they also make mens

heres the deal with sevens in my opinion

they are comfortable

the washes are lame and uninteresting

they are poor quality and wont hold up

thats 2 against one

oh and theya re pretty over played, they are ok on girls, but mens sevens are wayy too look at me im a metrosexual just incase you didnt notice that im a metro sexual because of my new urban outfitters shirt, how about i remind you again that im a metrosexual with these cute flip flops i found...you know, just in case you forgot i was a metrosexual

bah

chwa?

Quote:

they are comfortable

thats 2 against one

oh and theya re pretty over played, they are ok on girls, but mens sevens are wayy too look at me im a metrosexual just incase you didnt notice that im a metro sexual because of my new urban outfitters shirt, how about i remind you again that im a metrosexual with these cute flip flops i found...you know, just in case you forgot i was a metrosexual

bah

--- Original message by Corbin Law on Sep 21, 2005 02:54 PM

wait... so youre a metrosexual?

Guest Montreal
Quote:

they are comfortable

thats 2 against one

bah

They are comfortable...hells yes they are.

The washes are lame and uninteresting...this is subjective. I have a faded blue pair and I absolutely love the wash

They are poor quality and won't hold up...we'll see. I've been wearing my pair 5 days a week since the begining of summer and they are in the same shape as when I bought them

I agree that they are a very metrosexual brand but it's all about how you rock them. Flip-flops? F that...I'm straight with my OG Stan Smiths that I bought from a grandmother who lives in my building. Also, my pair is much baggier than my RR's.

Played out? Kinda...but again, it's all about how you rock them.

Either way, until these damn Greycast's break in, I'll be sticking up for my 7's.

Quote:

^ Where do you live?

I bought my Nudies from a department store in Montreal called Simons. Their Nudies were tucked behind Simons' in-house brand of $30 jeans...you can tell they get no love here.

--- Original message by Montreal on Sep 21, 2005 02:45 PM

I'm in southern california, so it seems like there are no real cheap options here :( what's the price difference like now b/w the RRDS and the RR greycast?

Quote:
Quote:

they are comfortable

thats 2 against one

bah

wait... so youre a metrosexual?

--- Original message by adsurgo on Sep 21, 2005 02:55 PM

no i was making fun of overly metrosexual 35 year olds, unless its a double dose of sarcasm that i missed on your part

chwa?

Guest Montreal
Quote:
Quote:

^ Where do you live?

--- Original message by Montreal on Sep 21, 2005 02:45 PM

I'm in southern california, so it seems like there are no real cheap options here :( what's the price difference like now b/w the RRDS and the RR greycast?

--- Original message by ardeetee on Sep 21, 2005 09:06 PM

I think its $185 vs 265.

I saw the RRDS at the begining of summer for $450.