anyone know latin? about to get a tattoo.

retrored

going to get my first tattoo sometime this week.

i am going to get "no justice" tattoed across my back, along the right shoulder blade.

i looked to some friends and they have said

nullus justicia

nullus justitia

haud justicia

and

haud justitia

and out of the blue i get "nulla justicia".

anyone know the most correct formatting of the phrase?

thanks in advance.

get "haud justicia" that's the best sounding and most elegant one. whatever you do don't get "nullus" because that is not grammatically correct

except you're retarded and haud means "not at all," or "by no means." Nulla iustitia would be the proper form, it literally means "nothing of justice," but if you want something that says "No Justice" and you obviously don't speak Latin and therefore have no real connection to it, why are you getting a Latin tattoo?

smh at these kids who learned latin out of some lame prose textbook. i learned it the hard way. oxford dictionary, grammar reference, Cicero, Catullus, and Virgil, UNGLOSSED, NO FOOTNOTES, just text. nigga what u know about that.

Why not just ask someone who was raised speaking latin, like someone from...um...the vatican...or...um...an obscure, closed-off Swiss monastery?

that's church latin. it's not the same.

I learned from an 82 year old woman who I'm pretty sure wasn't even aware that she was teaching. I would follow calvin's advice but sc is right about elegance. Latin is a strange animal, I would only get a tattoo if you're really into it. I also took a semester of Esperanto, useless languages rule.

So then like...well...no one in the entire world?

Esperanto is a way cooler language than latin, mike. Where'd you go that you could take classes like that?

Zamenhof who invented Esperanto was born in the same city in Poland as me and we have a decent size language school that teaches it. It wasn't even for school, I just had an unconventional education.

You misunderstand the linguistic definition of what a "dead language" is. A dead language is any language that is no longer spoken natively anywhere in the world.

No one is "raised" speaking latin natively, except weird monks like I mentioned earlier but they don't really count (especially because I'm not 100% sure it's true anymore).

For example, Hebrew used to be a dead language until Israel made an active, concerted effort to teach it to all their children as their native language, so now it's not dead anymore.

except you're retarded and haud means "not at all," or "by no means." Nulla iustitia would be the proper form, it literally means "nothing of justice," but if you want something that says "No Justice" and you obviously don't speak Latin and therefore have no real connection to it, why are you getting a Latin tattoo?

i have an acquaintance to latin through my field of work; a very limited capacity. this may not be enough to justify the use of latin, but at the end of the day it is about aethetics and i prefer latin to english.

any help is appreciated. and the nominations i got were all from catholic high school alumni, so any enlightened opinions are much appreciated.

going to get my first tattoo sometime this week.

i am going to get "no justice" tattoed across my back, along the right shoulder blade.

i looked to some friends and they have said

nullus justicia

nullus justitia

haud justicia

and

haud justitia

and out of the blue i get "nulla justicia".

anyone know the most correct formatting of the phrase?

thanks in advance.

If you want to be real original, get in in Old English.