EDWIN Stooge Pant: shrink or not?

kriminel99

Hi there,

I wonder if any Edwin enthusiasts might be able to help me. I just bought a pair of Edwin 'stooge pant' jeans from Urban Outfitters. I haven't taken the labels off yet or worn them, so they can go back if necessary. Normally in other brands I wear a 32 or 33 waist (it varies from brand to brand and according to cut etc). These Edwins are Organic 12 oz blue unwashed denim, waist 32 leg 34. I don't care about the leg being way too long as I will get them taken up anyway.

What I want to ask is are these particular ones going to shrink around the waist or not? At the moment they are too big there (definately bigger than 32). From what I've seen on forums here, some Edwins seem to shrink more than others but I've not seen anything about these stooge pants.

I didn't try the 30 waist as I would expect that to be really too small if they're going to shrink. I would never normally fit a 30 waist.

Anyway thank you for your time, much appreciated.

C.

Should be in the small question thread. But…

most stf jeans are sized up 2 inches fo accomadate for shrinkage. For the most part the waist usually shrinks 1.5 inches if you boil soak it for 10 hours and high heat dry it. And then it stretches out again, being that cotton is organic. Thus is the curse of wearing cotton trousers.

Unless they are sanforized…