AN OPEN LETTER TO NOOBS (or "the easy steps to not being red immediately)

broneck

entrenched members of sufu, please feel free to add to the list

step one - SEARCH BEFORE YOU START ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT THE FOLLOWING:

1.) anything

step two - don't ask anything about anything tagged.

i was gonna write more but i'm lazy

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.) anything

1.) anything

1.) anything

1.) anything

i hatebusta rhymes

By all means start topics about how your mum washed your raw jeans/grandpa ironed out your honeycombs/your dog pissed on your leg and you haven't washed them.

Also for quick reference to avoid polluting superdenim too much, correct sizing down is 4 for most jeans and 6 for APC New Standards. The best treatment for washing denim is a mix of Woolite Black and tiger blood. By all accounts it is acceptable to buy 5 pairs of raw denim in your first month and post all of them two weeks later in the evolution thread. When posting your first fit pic it is common practice to say 'just to clean the house' or somesuch, this will make us go light on you.

damn good advice, double D. some more:

a funny facial expression / goofy pose in waywts often helps to break the ice and makes you seem more likable. looking down is a good alternative if you want to mix it up.

remember, waywt means what are you wearing today. in other words, post your pic every day.

we also really want to see your car so pose in front of that whenever possible. if you can somehow work in a skateboard into the shot, all the better. bonus points for every DSLR visible in the pic.

if DSLR not available, taking shitty cellphone pics (and having dirty mirrorz/room/feet) is perfectly acceptable, as long as you say sorry.

if your first few waywts are not well received, deleting the pics is a pretty good way to start over. it signals that you r serous. another good strategy is to change your look completely to fit the current sufu style. don't feel self conscious about it, this is common and accepted practice. if someone takes note, just claim that you started the trend.

when posting, remember that we prize efficiency here above all else, so try to cut down on words by using internet abbreviations amap. lol and smh in particular are sure to bring out smiles of joy and appreciation

if you ultimately decide sufu is not for you, try to create a big scene on your way out--a farewell thread is the usual route. otherwise we might not notice your departure.

damn good advice, double D. some more:

a funny facial expression / goofy pose in waywts often helps to break the ice and makes you seem more likable. looking down is a good alternative if you want to mix it up.

remember, waywt means what are you wearing today. in other words, post your pic every day.

we also really want to see your car so pose in front of that whenever possible. if you can somehow work in a skateboard into the shot, all the better. bonus points for every DSLR visible in the pic.

if DSLR not available, taking shitty cellphone pics (and having dirty mirrorz/room/feet) is perfectly acceptable, as long as you say sorry.

if your first few waywts are not well received, deleting the pics is a pretty good way to start over. it signals that you r serous. another good strategy is to change your look completely to fit the current sufu style. don't feel self conscious about it, this is common and accepted practice. if someone takes note, just claim that you started the trend.

when posting, remember that we prize efficiency here above all else, so try to cut down on words by using internet abbreviations amap. lol and smh in particular are sure to bring out smiles of joy and appreciation

if you ultimately decide sufu is not for you, try to create a big scene on your way out--a farewell thread is the usual route. otherwise we might not notice your departure.

nah dont do any of these. just dont post. even if you have something to say, keep it to yourself. no one wants you here anyway.