Opening Ceremony Shoes

Servo2000

the only possible ways to protect the thin soles that i can think of is to add metal taps on them or get them rubber soled, but will probably ruin it's slim look.

you just need to get some of those thin rubber soles put on over the wood sole. any cobbler will do it for about $20 and it lasts for about a year. i have it done to all my good shoes and it doesn't change the look of the shoe at all because you can't see it when the shoe is worn.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with the recent attention that oc footwear has been getting, i gave this shit some thought.

i guess for the pricepoints they aren't a terrible buy, but it's not as if we (or most of us) haven't seen shit like this. sure, they are nice and all, but are they really that special?

no doubt, I'll probably end up getting a pair or two to collect, but there are nicer shoes out there. though, i guess if you like the price/it suits your budget, by all means get them. i've seen nicer and better quality dance/jazz/dress shoes. most of us have. is it the colorways and the patent that also makes these attractive?

the slipon looks crap and the chukka looking one looks like a generic chukka w/ some untypical colorways. the only one that looks intersting to me is the high.

the only possible ways to protect the thin soles that i can think of is to add metal taps on them or get them rubber soled, but will probably ruin it's slim look.

why not put thinner rubber soles on them? surely they'd wear out faster than thick ones but it would maintain the slim look. I'm pretty sure I've seen soles put on that were no more than 2-3mm, I dont think that would affect the look too much.

though, i guess if you like the price/it suits your budget, by all means get them. i've seen nicer and better quality dance/jazz/dress shoes. most of us have. is it the colorways and the patent that also makes these attractive?

For the pair I'm looking at?

Flat soled shoe + suede + patent captoe is the ultimate combination for me. I like patent but not whole shoes, suede is my favorite material and the flat sole is the perfect balance between dress-up and dress-down which is what I need, since I can't afford two wardrobes for each I try to balance between them both.

I look at this way for pricing: either I pick up one pair of black suede casual shoes and a pair of black patent / plain leather dress, or one of these and cover both and be much nicer at the same time.

lmao we should all be thanking that nigga food for these.

anyway these shoes are a little bit limp wristed if you know what i mean.

yeah, there is a bit more out than that, they didnt show the entire lookbook. the other styles are pretty nice,

they definitely run a little small. just picked up a pair of the suede chukkas in grey in a euro 45, i usually wear 44-45, and the are pretty tight. didnt really notice it until i walked a while in them. cost $270 at the nyc store. might throw em up in the supermarket if anyone is interested.

just stopped by the store in NYC last week, it seems like they have a decent stock of footwear now that it's a new season. The only shoes that I would still get would be the grey suede ankle boots, everything else looks a bit tacky imo. and for reference my chucks size is an 8 and the 41 opening ceremony shoes fitted me best (I tried on a pair in 41 and 42 when I was there)

Gravity Pope is four blocks from my work. Great store. :D

I bought the hightop wingtips from last year and wore them in numerous WAYWTs. I love them and I like the shapes in the new collection, though I think a lot of the colorways and fabrics are kind of tacky. I would definitely cop the derbies if I had the money, but two pairs of $300+ dress shoes in six months is not in my cards.

I had rubber soles put on mine, btw, and it didn't affect the slim silhouette at all. They're not the most durable shoes, it's true, but they've held up okay.

they seem to fit pretty true. i'm usually a nine and the 42 seemed loose in the OC boot. I bought the 41, and they verge on too snug. probably I should have got the 42, but it's not a big enough deal that I really regret it.

btw, gravity pope has last season's patent desert boots on sale for $150. I don't know what sizes they've still got, but I wouldn't be averse to doing a pickup. The rest of their new OC stock should be in in a week or so.

they seem to fit pretty true. i'm usually a nine and the 42 seemed loose in the OC boot. I bought the 41, and they verge on too snug. probably I should have got the 42, but it's not a big enough deal that I really regret it.

btw, gravity pope has last season's patent desert boots on sale for $150. I don't know what sizes they've still got, but I wouldn't be averse to doing a pickup. The rest of their new OC stock should be in in a week or so.

I would like to possibly take you up on that offer but am in Australia. Would we be able to work something out? I also have no idea what size I'd be, I'm a 10.5 in dunks, 10 in chucks, sometimes a 42 and sometimes a 43 in dress shoes. my foot is about 10.5 inches long if that helps!

Yeah.. I don't know, they don't have any at the Vancouver store right now, but they're getting a big shipment of sale stuff from Edmonton or wherever the other store is, jsut this weekend.

I think I'd need a 47 or larger, even, but the biggest size they have there is a 45.. :(

God, but 50% off. Damn. I should get a pair just to display.

i've been liaising with lucky_cloud but he ain't going to make it back to gravity pope anytime soon. so, i was wondering if anyone else could go proxy for me on a pair of the patents? i know they ship here to australia but it's a flat rate of $55 CAD and I'm sure we could work something out that would benefit the both of us. i just paid US $45 to scout la for shipping for a pair of pants and when they got here i saw that shipping was only $11. i'd rather have looked after someone on here and got myself a better deal at the same time.