London Tailors - Denim

Ruben

Hi,

Sorry if this has been answered before which I'm sure it has at some point but I've tried searching and can't find anything.

I've just had my pair of 5ep taken up slightly and although the length is perfect the stitching is AWFUL. There's no point in going back to the tailors as they're obvously inept.

Can anyone tell me where in London they can rectify the problem, ideally with a chainstitch?

Thanks in advance.

Philip Start's boutique at 59 Rivington street in Shoreditch EC2 apparently have a serious tailoring sevice going, although I can't vouch for it. I just know I was after having a couple pairs of dry LVC's that I've stretched out taken in rather than prematurely wash them, and before I changed my mind I enquired in passing if they could do it properly. I was surprised, cos they said it was easy and would only cost me £10. They've got a fair stock of high end denim there as well, if that's anything to go by. Even if they do seem to charge more for it than anywhere else in London ...

www.start-london.com

Further to that, I was talking with the guy at Cinch in Newburgh St today and he was on about one of his contacts setting up a full-on denim repair clinic. They don't offer repairs or alterations right now, but I think it's an exciting prospect to watch as a point of reference for the future when you consider some - but definetly not all - of the Levi's Vintage finishes of the past few collections.