slb23 sneakers. wtf?

Guest jmatsu

Problem was the wrong word but agreeing with Jmatsu hardly makes me a dick rider. I just think it's stupid to say that because Sal has been around so long, that this line is perfectly OK. When in reality it doesn't matter what sneakers and business he has done before, but what he is doing right now.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jmatsu
its not even a problem... unless youre a jmatsu dick rider.

does it really offend you that he came out with some shoes that look like CP? do you think it cheapens the CP that you own? is a low top sneaker with no distingushing markings really the intelectual property of CP?

wil sal be doing his thing long after CP is gone? probably so.

why do you even mention the shit like this nigga sal will still be around when cp is gone, was og-around back in the day whatever? who gives a fuck? this is just seems like some jaded/biased skateboarder mentality. it don't matter what he did or where he comes from, just look at the shoes he produced and the timing of their production (already mentioned this).

if you wanna start an appreciation thread about this guy, go right a head.

dudes if they looked similar it would be one thing but they are really exactly the same except for the bottom of the sole.

you can't copyright anything if it has a practical use. so there is nothing to prevent a company from selling 100% copies of something else (unless it's infringing on a trademark ex. PRADO) but it is pretty weak (h&m/forever 21 design piracy territory).

i just don't see why this has to be in the favor of CP.

adidas created the original mold,

sal turned it into a skate shoe for etnies (they just look a little chunkier like skate shoes were back in the day)

gucci turns it luxury

common projects turns it high fashion (so does kim jones)

and sal does an updated version now... ... but, though "similar looking" to common projects, I don't see why the onus is on sal to justify his product, when so many other people have created essentially the same thing with different brands over the years.

BLAME ADIDASSSSSS.

I don't think anyone is calling sal a hack or anything like that. The streetwear guys are chiming in with a ton of brand loyalty here but it's not even like that. It's just funny that these shoes that look exactly like the CP shoes that became insanely popular this past year or so. It's not about adidas making the original version of these 20+years ago but just a weird coincidence involving a famous shoe guy. Kind of like if CP did this right as the stan smiths gained steam but instead of slightly changed it almost duplicated it.

This isn't a discussion about being OG or even a sal hate thread so quit bringing that shit up.

Wouldn't it be weird if frye/redwing came out with a shoe almost identical to the cdiem boots a year or two ago? Frye/redwing has been doing boots forever, but it'd still be kinda strange. I dunno, i don't really care that much but just see a lot of people unnecessarily getting panties in bunches.

Guest jmatsu
i just don't see why this has to be in the favor of CP.

adidas created the original mold,

sal turned it into a skate shoe for etnies (they just look a little chunkier like skate shoes were back in the day)

gucci turns it luxury

common projects turns it high fashion (so does kim jones)

and sal does an updated version now... ... but, though "similar looking" to common projects, I don't see why the onus is on sal to justify his product, when so many other people have created essentially the same thing with different brands over the years.

BLAME ADIDASSSSSS.

the adidas stan smith model doesn't even look THAT similar to the cp achilles. you do see the differences, don't you?

look at cp vs slb23....don't tell me they don't look almost exactly alike. again (again) timing timing timing.

the adidas stan smith model doesn't even look THAT similar to the cp achilles. you do see the differences, don't you?

look at cp vs slb23....don't tell me they don't look almost exactly alike. again (again) timing timing timing.

ok i have to admit that they almost look the same. (cp v slb23) , but just by looking at the etnies sal23, i think he might have "genuinely tried to make a more modern day cut", which happened to turn out looking exactly like common projects. I'll turn the blind eye and give it to the man.

but you're right, timing timing timing. if he ain't a copy, then he definitely is major unlucky to come up and produce a product with his own imagination, only to find out that there's already something on the market that look exactly like that. booya.

ok i have to admit that they almost look the same. (cp v slb23) , but just by looking at the etnies sal23, i think he might have "genuinely tried to make a more modern day cut", which happened to turn out looking exactly like common projects. I'll turn the blind eye and give it to the man.

i was thinking the same thing. the 23 shoe has been out since the early 90s and has been a staple ever since, and these new shoes he's making look just like them, but less skate-influenced and more casual. if these had a numbered stamp on them i'd be more suspicious, but it's a plain lo-top shoe. there's hardly anything to copy when it comes to the achilles low.

and the colorways? give me a fucking break that's black and creme... matter of fact, the original 23s for etnies came in these exact colors, and an unpictured navy blue. black/white, black/black, creme/white, creme/creme.

Whoe really gives a shit besides you retards?

Outside of their little markets no ones has heard of CP or SLB.

They both look like nurses shoes.

You're right. How the hell other niggas know you be flossin if there isn't a swoosh, bright colors or box logo? Most people write common projects on the side in big black marker though so people don't mistake them.

You're right. How the hell other niggas know you be flossin if there isn't a swoosh, bright colors or box logo? Most people write common projects on the side in big black marker though so people don't mistake them.

Dude you lame...you failed.

No where near being witty and not even in the realm of funny.

CP didn't invent the plain sneakers or even the court shoe style.

Hop of the sack.

Obviously CP didn't invent the plan sneaker but who the fuck cares. Everything doesn't have to be OG to be cool. CP is doing some of the best plain sneakers out right now which is why people are interested.

Guest jmatsu
do white people who use the n-word on this site use it in real life too? you comfortable doggy?

i ain't white or black, but i r niggar...ask anyone.

Guest jmatsu
Dude you lame...you failed.

No where near being witty and not even in the realm of funny.

CP didn't invent the plain sneakers or even the court shoe style.

Hop of the sack.

chronoaug isn't saying that common projects created plain sneakers/courtshoes or whatever. just saying like any sensible member, that sal's shoes suck and that he most likely copied cps.

why can't you morons grasp the concept of timing and context?

This thread blows my mind. People getting pissed and thier panties in a bunch over completely mindless bullshit. There is no such thing as an original product. Get over it.

So much misdirected energy, go get pissed about something that actually matters, not some wack shoes.

This thread blows my mind. People getting pissed and thier panties in a bunch over completely mindless bullshit. There is no such thing as an original product. Get over it.

So much misdirected energy, go get pissed about something that actually matters, not some wack shoes.

smh

still don't know how to do the 10char trick

• 1 month later...