Naked & Famous Denim

terutt

I agree it isn't a matter of shoving more buttons in the fly opening. I just believe N&F could make their fly openings longer.

Using the example of 0702 having smaller rise and longer fly opening, discounting the number of buttons. Whereas N&F WG has a slightly longer fly albeit .25", but only manage a fly opening of 5.25"...0702 can manage opening 6.75" long.

On the other hand my SDA 103 size 29 has 9.5" rise with fly opening of 7.25" with 4 buttons nicely spaced apart.

It may not be about cost saving for N&F, because SDA can do 4 buttons with a longer fly opening.

Now I am confused why they do such small fly opening with buttons so close together.

then i feel the issue is that the waist band is thicker on NF if the fly part itself is shorter. take some comparison pics since you have all 3 pairs anyways

also from looking at the size charts, the top block of the 702 and WGs are pretty much the same

Edited by TooAwesome

First post here, long-time lurker though :) Greatly appreciate everything I've learned from you fine folks!

Had a question for all the Elephant 2 owners. I've been searching for a pair in my size for the last 2 months, and finally found a pair that miiiiight work. However, I'm a little worried based on some previous posts in this thread around the 120 page mark.

I currently have a pair of size 33 weird guys in the standard indigo that I LOVE. The waistband is just a tad big and I have to wear a belt, but I do like the fit around the thighs as I have pretty large calves and long legs. If I were to buy them again, I think I'd go w/ a 32 as my thighs still have plenty of breathing room, the waist is a bit big, and I do sag quite a bit b/c of my long legs.

After deciding it was never going to happen online, I hit the phones and after about 20 calls found a store out of state selling a new pair of Elephant 2s in size 32, and I'm considering pulling the trigger. However, I'm a little worried about them not stretching enough. When I originally bought my WG indigo 33s I could button them w/o any serious issue at all (a little snug, but not uncomfortable and they stretched to totally comfortable in a coupled days), and since I always wore a belt I don't think they even stretched as much as they could.

Do y'all think I'll have serious issues w/ these? Thanks in advance, and feel free to start calling dibs on them should I pull the trigger and they don't work out :)

First post here, long-time lurker though :) Greatly appreciate everything I've learned from you fine folks!

Had a question for all the Elephant 2 owners. I've been searching for a pair in my size for the last 2 months, and finally found a pair that miiiiight work. However, I'm a little worried based on some previous posts in this thread around the 120 page mark.

I currently have a pair of size 33 weird guys in the standard indigo that I LOVE. The waistband is just a tad big and I have to wear a belt, but I do like the fit around the thighs as I have pretty large calves and long legs. If I were to buy them again, I think I'd go w/ a 32 as my thighs still have plenty of breathing room, the waist is a bit big, and I do sag quite a bit b/c of my long legs.

After deciding it was never going to happen online, I hit the phones and after about 20 calls found a store out of state selling a new pair of Elephant 2s in size 32, and I'm considering pulling the trigger. However, I'm a little worried about them not stretching enough. When I originally bought my WG indigo 33s I could button them w/o any serious issue at all (a little snug, but not uncomfortable and they stretched to totally comfortable in a coupled days), and since I always wore a belt I don't think they even stretched as much as they could.

Do y'all think I'll have serious issues w/ these? Thanks in advance, and feel free to start calling dibs on them should I pull the trigger and they don't work out :)

E2 will stretch as much as any other jean just takes a little longer, mine have stretched nearly a full size

EQjDla9.jpg?2

Left Hand Twill

11 months

No washes?

Edit: Theye look sick by the way. I'm working on the same pair. Would love to see more pics!

Edited by Somar

Mine are Skinny Guys, but they stretched out way more than I ever expected. They're perfectly comfortable now. You'll probably be fine.

NF needs to make a really high quality flagship pair of dark indigo jeans for us denim nerds. Price isn't really the concern but they need to nail quality and consistency. Maybe 15-17 oz unsanforized fabric milled and crafted in Japan available in all three fits? I love NF as a company and would love to buy another pair of jeans from them... but they have nothing high-end apart from collaborations. :(

Agreed. I just ordered the Japan Heritage 2s. Small step up from the normal stuff and I was looking for introduction to slub denim so I hope they fit the bill.

@geeman @hakizi thanks for the quick responses! Unfortunately they weren't quick enough, b/c I called earlier and someone already snatched them up! Maybe I shouldn't have posted in this thread lol :/

On that note, anyone got a pair of E1s/E2s in 32 or 33 that they'd be willing to part with?

@chunky - those deep indigos are really nice! I was just about to ask if any one had any pics of those since you dobt see many with great fades.

I just about gave up on my pair. Still like my pair with the subtle fading., but I want to look for another deep indigo pair or one that has indigo weft.

I need some help in sizing

I'm thinking of ordering the N&F Weird guy 30 and I'm not sure if they will fit me. Don't have time to go try them out and there's one on sale I like to pick up.

I wear APC NS 31 and it was a bit tight. While the N&F Slim Guy dirty fade 31 is a bit loose. My Unbranded UB301 in 33 are a bit loose also.

I'm thinking of ordering the N&F Weird guy 30 and I'm not sure if they will fit me. Don't have time to go try them out and there's one on sale I like to pick up.

I wear APC NS 31 and it was a bit tight. While the N&F Slim Guy dirty fade 31 is a bit loose. My Unbranded UB301 in 33 are a bit loose also.

I don't know how APC sizing compares to N&F but if a 31 N&F is "a bit loose" then a 30 would probably be great. It will stretch if necessary. I say pull the trigger and cop it.

Edited by HGS

I live in a country where they don't stock many of the raw denim brands - if they do it is in a city where I have to fly there.

If you can try them on before buying, make the effort to do it. I wish I could try before I buy, instead of relying on other people's sizing experience which in most cases are unique.

Placed my order for the N&F weird guy 30 and got two pairs of Vans.

Yeah flying to the city to try them a pair on is a big trip compared to me. I just checked out Blue owl website and it seem that it will be tight on me. Hopefully it will stretch out. If not I'm planning to lose a little bit of weight anyways so it's no big deal. Gain a bit of weight over the holidays and I lose and gain weight pretty easily.

Hi alls, first post here.

Below is my first day with WG deep indigo selvedge. How you guys think? please share.

BDFE07A0-2085-4F50-8E58-C4CA8540A4A7-2577-000003A09F911BDD.jpg

They look great, keep in mind if they aren't really tight to begin with they won't stretch that much. These will probably stay looking pretty similar (at least with regards to the fit) to how they look now even after they're broken in, I would guess. Not everyone wants their jeans to fit the same way.

I already sized down 2 (jeans is 28, my true waist is 30). I'm afraid I couldn't fit it in if I sized down more because there's no shop around for me to try. However, let see how it goes after stretch out. Time will tell, thanks a lot for all your comments. :)