Does Yoox make you want to gouge out your eyes?

theetruscan

Does yoox make you want to gouge out your eyes?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Does yoox make you want to gouge out your eyes?

• Yes, I hate it so!
    • No, I have unlimited patience, and don't mind clothes 5 sizes wrong
    • No, I didn't know it existed.

I just spent like 2 hours trying to figure out which of the mislabeled, misrepresented clothes Yoox sold are in my size. They use a sizing metric designed to dissuade you from buying anything, present clothes on mannequins that are invariably the wrong size, and give away as little as humanly possible with their descriptions. Seriously, I'm sure I could find some hidden gems if I had 3 years to search, but fuck it.

I just spent like 2 hours trying to figure out which of the mislabeled, misrepresented clothes Yoox sold are in my size. They use a sizing metric designed to dissuade you from buying anything, present clothes on mannequins that are invariably the wrong size, and give away as little as humanly possible with their descriptions. Seriously, I'm sure I could find some hidden gems if I had 3 years to search, but fuck it.

My package got held up in customs for like 3 weeks, so they refunded my shipping and gave me a 10% coupon. o_0

A while ago yoox had a huge blow out sale and spent like an hour and a half going through the site and ended up buying nothing.

fuck yoox

and fuck the guy that bought those RO high tops in my size for cheap

the creamy white leather ones? those were a damn good deal

yeah, they were like 350

female underwear section...

cant rep

female side of yoox is not eye gouge worthy

Yoox's sizing snafu never matched their eBay shop's nonsense.

A pair of trousers in euro 48 was not an american 32, xstyleshop considered it an american 38. They're trousers, not a coat!

Yoox closed their eBay shop last month. Must have been a big headache all around.

Most everything I've purchased from Yoox/xstyleshop has had some issue or other. I'm beginning to believe they traffic in seconds first...

Yoox's sizing snafu never matched their eBay shop's nonsense.

A pair of trousers in euro 48 was not an american 32, xstyleshop considered it an american 38. They're trousers, not a coat!

Yoox closed their eBay shop last month. Must have been a big headache all around.

Most everything I've purchased from Yoox/xstyleshop has had some issue or other. I'm beginning to believe they traffic in seconds first...

Their trouser sizing is just broken. It seems they have things labeled both in american inches, and in european "suit sizing" where 52 = 36, 50=34, etcetera, but they use a "we smoke pounds of crack" system to determine what they're going to tell you they are doing. It seems like they must make most of their money off the restocking fees.

^ if its their mistake and you return it, just send them an email and they won't charge you the restocking fee. What exactly are you looking at that's all messed up??? I've seen the odd piece of women's clothing in the men's section, but I haven't come across a size mistake?

Honestly, it is a bit of everything.

Some brands use american sizing, some use european "suit" sizing - 10 with an explanation, some use european suit sizing - 10 without explanation, some use arbitrary measurements, a few go with s,m,l,xl. Their search feature allows me to choose a size, but doesn't tell me what they think that size correlates to in items (I'm an XL in shirts, or sometimes I need to search XXL, I'm a L, XL in pants, an XXL in shoes, and that correlates to any of a dozen numbering schemes). Their pictures are pathetic, with no coherent zoom, they have a billion brands, and no good scheme for classifying them, their menu nagivation is these itty-bitty fucking boxes in a corner of my monitor, they split designer's collections into arbitrary subsections (Martin Margiela 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10aw, a, w, etc) , you can't see spring and fall collections at the same time. I know that somewhere they're hiding amazing clothing, but I get punished by their interface for trying to find it. It's just a maddening system.

I agree that they could do more about measurement charts for each item, but logistically, that's improbable when such a massive inventory. All the sizing differences are based on manufacturer's tags I assume.

Either way, its the Internet...you take your chances I guess!

oh - and some don't find margiela's lines being separated a bad thing!

I understand some of the separation, since it is based on factory of origin, if I remember correctly, but a? w? 10a? Come on . . .

Haha....I see where you're coming from.

I'll tell you what I do though...as I now own a few pieces of clothing by margiela and I know what size I am, I just click on Small or whatever, and put 'margiela' in the search box. That was all the lines are combined in the results.;)

once i sent an email to teh yoox people to find out some details on some stuff and the dude emailed me back within a couple of hours and basically said, ' we have so much shit that we dont want to look' so i bought basically sight unseen. so yeah they could be better