Leathercrafting Creations: PYC

OptimaDies

initial "hope we're on the same page" 3D rendering of the bottle key hook just came in from the engineer- now on to CAD I guess. Needs a couple tweaks and the branding will be added, but it's pretty crazy to even see it this far. I can't wait to just use one haha

6793202108_2af96e1d2d_z.jpg

Edited by corter

I like the Design Corter very cool.

4 oz.Hermann Oak Veg Tan

String Sourced from northern Ohio

Bees Wax sourced from a small family farm in Urbana Ohio

Each point of stress has been double stitched

100% American Made

6794198252_2abc0e6fb5.jpg

6794197830_2b4b279716.jpg

6940312601_35e765bf82.jpg

Edited by FALERBRAND

I'll do them with a leather tab and a split keyring I think. Not doing them on braided chains, those seem to have declined in popularity.

Ah, ok! Let me know if you need early adopters/beta testers. I'll most likely braid a chain for it though :P

hey guys. i just recently started trying to make my own stuff. bought a whole bunch of tools and b-grade leather off tandy and got to it. the phone case is the first thing i've made, and the bifold is something that i did yesterday (maybe the third thing i've made?). i definitely need to keep practicing, but right now i'm pretty happy with the way this stuff has turned out. i think my leather is too thick, and i had a lot of problems punching through so many layers of leather, so the inside stitching looks terrible. i also don't know how to finish the ends of the stitches. gotta practice and learn more.

P1030572.jpg

P1030573.jpg

bifold3.jpg

bifold2.jpg

bifold.jpg

hit me with some constructive criticism .. i need tips! (shoutsout to corter for the bracelet + inspiration)

Ah, ok! Let me know if you need early adopters/beta testers. I'll most likely braid a chain for it though :P

Haha, will do. The plan is to have the first batch made and do a Kickstarter campaign- I've always wanted to play with Kickstarter and I think it'll reach a broader audience that way. Then if I need to order a second batch I'll do that in a couple different finishes. I'll be getting the prototypes in about 2 weeks, so I'll give those a test- shouldn't be too much testing involved, as it's a pretty simple product. As long as it opens bottles correctly and sits ok on a belt loop it's not going to break being solid steel :)

Hello all. I randomly came across this thread and I must say that I am very impressed with all the work that I see here. I want to introduce myself to this thread and show so of the things that I have made in the last few months.

I've been doing leather crafts for about a year now. I mostly go on the Leatherworker.net forum for help and information but I find the aesthetic of this thread much more suited to my tastes than Leatherworker. I live in the SF Bay area (Alameda) and have started selling a few of the things I make at a local store. This is a hobby for me really but hopefully a few sales will help pay for more toys!

I've pretty much skimmed this thread from the beginning and it's heartening to see how people's work have improved in quality over the years. I haven't been doing this for very long so hopefully my work will improve as well.

6795525004_cf35eb73b5.jpg

6795526408_cb3409f405.jpg

These first two is my latest wallet. It's made with a W&C Russett harness leather. The shell is about 4 1/2 ozs and the inner flaps are about 3 oz. I lined this one with red dupioni silk. This design was started as a suggestion from my brother who wanted a slim wallet. I made it basically just big enough to slip in bills and some credit cards. He wants his in Shell Cordovan.

6795529088_a6f59be3e3.jpg

This is one of several bracelets that I make and sell at a local store. The leather is a drum dyed horse butt and the buckle is a solid brass buckle that I tumble and hammer to get that look.

6795533466_9b6b0243d8.jpg

6795531144_c74ac988f8.jpg

These are some custom sandals that I made for myself and my friend. These are really fun to make I have to say.

I have a few more things that I've made. I'm hoping to make some really nice bags one day but I guess I'm working up to that. Anyways, any comments welcomed.

Andrew

Corter, those hooks/openers are going to turn out awesome. Talk about edc!

Here's a quick one.. 8mm leather cord bracelet with magnetic snap. A bit of a wierd angle on the photo, it has a smooth side along the outside that you can't really see.

Friday_And_River_8mm_cord_bracelet.jpg

Corter, those hooks/openers are going to turn out awesome. Talk about edc!

Here's a quick one.. 8mm leather cord bracelet with magnetic snap. A bit of a wierd angle on the photo, it has a smooth side along the outside that you can't really see.

Friday_And_River_8mm_cord_bracelet.jpg

Do the connections crimp or thread on somehow?

hi all,

i've been in this community for some years, decided to start a thread of our own.

as some who have deal with us before should know, leathermix never respond your emails later than 24hrs. we are on 24hr standby, always try to reply immediately if not, within few hours.

now, we want to make this even better - starting a thread of our own in sufu will enable us to answer your inquiries, shipment questions, and most importantly, collect feedbacks and comments.

we hope we can continue this personal touch with you by the use of this thread :)

please feel free to discuss our leathers and products here, and of course, we will welcome any pictures you have of leathermix products.

some of these pictures will be used on our websites, blog and also frame up at the walls in our headstore in istanbul

me and my partner will try our best to post our latest designs, updates and up-coming events here.

or your can visit our blog page (http://www.leathermix.tumblr.com) for get latest informations

Leathermix slim vertical wallet

il_fullxfull.312673762.jpg

il_fullxfull.312543005.jpg

leathermix iphone wallet

il_fullxfull.294778649.jpg

Leathermix wallet

il_fullxfull.315841680.jpg

Been working on this piece, not quite finished yet. I still have some sanding and cleaning to do before its finished.

This is a civil war repro wallet. I found a few wallets from the civil war era at a swap meet and couldn't resist. so here is my first try at this style of wallet. crazy how much thought went into wallets back in the day. not quite perfect but a work in progress.

2-3 0z Hermann Oak

6797998992_7253ee0826.jpg

6944092059_ea40ac0996.jpg

card holders with mini pockets in between each for stamps and small papers.

6797982222_ef23c2cd6a.jpg

6944097983_5fcf4c4c54.jpg

money and notes folds up

6797988708_35d04c6a94.jpg

Edited by FALERBRAND

Something wrong with your shell?

I just finish it with a damp cloth polish.

If its a little scratched, you can always do a very very very very ......very light coat of shoe polish wax.

Don't use shoe cream unless you want to spend a hour repolishing the whole piece......

Most of the time a damp cloth will do wonders on shell cordovan.

hi all,

i've been in this community for some years, decided to start a thread of our own...

This thread is more for sharing ideas than advertising. Some of your designs look like straight up ripoffs of Makr and Tanner Goods.

Something wrong with your shell?

I just finish it with a damp cloth polish.

If its a little scratched, you can always do a very very very very ......very light coat of shoe polish wax.

Don't use shoe cream unless you want to spend a hour repolishing the whole piece......

Most of the time a damp cloth will do wonders on shell cordovan.

Thanks for the info. The shell looks fine. There's one or two light scratches on it but nothing major. I was just wondering if it is necessary/beneficial to apply any type of finish. Maybe to get a bit more of a shine to it. I have a dressing that I make that I put on regular veg tan stuff but Shell Cordovan's another type of beast and I don't want to go around messing it up (since it's so crazy expensive). Thanks for the damp cloth suggestion. I'll try it out.

Andrew

After the damp cloth, spend a good amount of time brushing and buffing the shell, and it will look great.

hey guys. i just recently staLooks rted trying to make my own stuff. bought a whole bunch of tools and b-grade leather off tandy and got to it. the phone case is the first thing i've made, and the bifold is something that i did yesterday (maybe the third thing i've made?). i definitely need to keep practicing, but right now i'm pretty happy with the way this stuff has turned out. i think my leather is too thick, and i had a lot of problems punching through so many layers of leather, so the inside stitching looks terrible. i also don't know how to finish the ends of the stitches. gotta practice and learn more.

P1030572.jpg

P1030573.jpg

bifold3.jpg

bifold2.jpg

bifold.jpg

hit me with some constructive criticism .. i need tips! (shoutsout to corter for the bracelet + inspiration)

Looks like a start. you need to get some lighter weight leather though, looks like you are using maybe 5/6 Oz, for wallets and stuff I would go 3/4 or 2/3. It will be a lot easierto stitch and way more comforatable to sit on.

I know I am posting a lot but hey i've been busy.

This might not be for every one.but it was fun to make.

This piece was made with my friend who is an older gentlemen a throw back from the sixties. Its a medicine bag sewn with deer sinew...that stuff is triky. the leather is what he called fat leather it is tanned by a man in indiana, the closing button is made from a deer antler. he killed the deer let the anlters dry for a season, then we cut the antlers into buttons on the band saw. 100% USA made

6798448030_ff20f2e9cd.jpg

6944566171_1011d8afcb.jpg

Inside: Piece of pottery from an ancient indian civilization out west, a few rocks my friend tumbled some from ohio others not, a dinosaur egg shell fragment and a crocodile claw from down south.

6798451408_e41aef3342.jpg

Edited by FALERBRAND

Haha, will do. The plan is to have the first batch made and do a Kickstarter campaign- I've always wanted to play with Kickstarter and I think it'll reach a broader audience that way. Then if I need to order a second batch I'll do that in a couple different finishes. I'll be getting the prototypes in about 2 weeks, so I'll give those a test- shouldn't be too much testing involved, as it's a pretty simple product. As long as it opens bottles correctly and sits ok on a belt loop it's not going to break being solid steel :)

Ah, be sure to let us know when the kickstarter is up!