Leathercrafting Creations: PYC

OptimaDies

bag looks good JAW, they get better with every post! and its a great design. my only suggestion is to work on your back stitches. the ends of the stitch lines look a little rough. I would use your hand to crank your sewing machine wheel and try to go back into the same hole of the last stitch. kinda like how I did it on this bag i did for the company i work for.

dsc_0001-edit.jpg?w=936

finished the PYC Wallet template!!!!! now i just need to make the tutorial.

i know i said it would be up today. need a few more days. but if you want the template early just shoot me a email.

here is a computer "mock up" of the design

5819037820_9a00c8e63f_z.jpg

5818691719_07a0f960b2_z.jpg

Finally venturing into the big scary world of sewing machines. Very slowly.

If you want to do heavy fabrics and upholstery work, I can't say enough about Singer 111's and their clones. Needle feed, walking foots, that will go through anything and take up to #138 thread - and easy to work on. I've got the original Singer version and an Adler copy. The Adler is a better machine, but they both work great and can be found really cheap. Next for me, will be the double needle version. These are even cheaper. There's also a cylinder arm version.

what did you use for your suspender material? I've been looking too. I've got a 1000 feet of elastic I picked up at a thrift store, but it's just plain white.... Looks great!

Hollow, you make such great things. The hardware looks a bit too big, but if you find the right hardware, you have something very good going on. Very nice, first try.

Does anybody know some good Japanese blogs/shops/websites about leatherworks? (not goodsjapan)

Fantastic suspenders, Hollows. They are also on my list of things to make myself. I was planning on making mine out of Chromexcel, with just the back strap in elastic. I have a pair of Brit military suspenders that I was going to cannibalize for webbing and hardware. Soon, hopefully...

bag looks good JAW, they get better with every post! and its a great design. my only suggestion is to work on your back stitches. the ends of the stitch lines look a little rough. I would use your hand to crank your sewing machine wheel and try to go back into the same hole of the last stitch. kinda like how I did it on this bag i did for the company i work for.

dsc_0001-edit.jpg?w=936

finished the PYC Wallet template!!!!! now i just need to make the tutorial.

i know i said it would be up today. need a few more days. but if you want the template early just shoot me a email.

here is a computer "mock up" of the design

5819037820_9a00c8e63f_z.jpg

Yea, patience is my arch nemisis.

Some other newish stuff:

5840005048_6a22441134_z.jpg

5839453799_1c51574985_z.jpg

5840001908_1f96b69b91_z.jpg