making shirts

steven

there's alot of differing views here at SF regarding what tees are "best".

My suggestion is this:

Gather all of your favorite tees. See which ones you like the best for washing, pilling, and see if any have labels of the brand of the tee as opposed to the brand itself.

ie: If it says Gildan as opposed to the name of a clothing company. You're looking for the tee manufacturer, not the company that's selling the screen printed shirt.

Your choice is limited to what you can buy already made. (or pay to have a shirt cut for you, this requires alot of minimums and specs and pattern making, the whole nine.)

For my line: www.TheLifeLtd.com, I'm having my shirts cut to spec and embellished with extras like light embroidery and specialty inks. Depending on the "fit" you want (baggy or fitted), you'll have to find those cuts of tees.

After that whole lot of boring work, you'll need to find a quality printer.

If you're in NY, shoot me an e-mail, I have a guy that does short runs, and his quality is OK. (just OK, nothing earthshattering, but he's one of the few that'll do a short run for a decent price.)

Labels are also done by minimums, I can give you a number of a company in NY that did my initial run.

If any of this seems confusing or unclear, e-mail me and we'll talk.

Good Luck,

Rich

Can I ask you something? These sunglasses: they're really nice. Are they like government issue, or do you guys all go to the same store together?

Quote:

Hey, anyone that knows blank t-shirts that are pretty tight? American Apparel and Glidan doesn't seem to be that tight (perhaps because american ppl are chubby? :D )

--- Original message by qom on Sep 5, 2005 12:10 PM

i deal with american apparel tees all the time and i must say that if you buy a smaller size, it will definitely fit pretty slim, especially after you throw it in the dryer. i'm usually a small or borderline medium and the AA smalls are a bit too small for me.

Quote:
Quote: perhaps because american ppl are chubby?

Well, that wasn't necessary. I'm not chubby and the last time I checked I was American.

American Apparel tees are fairly tight. You could always buy a smaller size for a tighter fit.

--- Original message by neawts on Sep 5, 2005 12:40 PM

I was looking for reactions to be honest, I'm sorry if I offended you..

Also, I probably will have to with Glidan because American Apparel doesn't have any office in Sweden (strange huh!)

;-(~~

^^ No no. I agree with you actually. I'm American and I'm skinny as fuck. I wear a 29/30 inch waist, so I'm somewhat of a freak in this land of obesity. Let’s face it, Americans are non-exercising, fad dieting, liposuction and gastric bypassing, fat asses.

Ha!

http://www.tragicbliss.com

Edited by TragicBliss on Sep 5, 2005 at 10:00 PM