nigo x pharell? wtf?

Guest dontcaretoomuchforcrap

I DONT THINK HE SPEAKS GOOD ENGLISH IVE READ INTERVEIWS WITH HIM AND THEY SAY "TRANSLATED BY..." RIGHT UNDER THEM.HOW COULD YOU BE HOMIES WITH SOMEONE OR DO BUSINESS/COLABOS WHEN YOU CANT EVEN UNDERSTAND THEM CLEARLY?

HAHA MAYBE THATS WHY BBC AND ICECREAMS ARE SO WACK.

DAM TRANSLATOR.

HOPE YOU GET IT LATER...

Pharrell is interested in the brand and the 'undergound' consumerist fashion lifestyle of Japanese freeters. He's in a position to ham it up for all it's worth.

Nigo seems quietly awestruck at the acceptance of his brand by the American hip-hop audience. Like new money (although he's been loaded for a while) trying to buy his way into a subculture. Buying a grill, dressing like Lil Jon on LSD, the Spongebob chain, and a nasty Jacob watch. He was considerably less 'mainstream US hip-hop' and more 'indie trip-hop' in the past. Maybe that was just during the James Lavelle phase (btw, I'm not sure if Lavelle has outgrown his Japanese Harajuku teen look yet). Neither really matters. I think Nigo has gotten swept up in the moment.

All that shit sounds negative as hell, but I'm not trying to be a hater. I'm not spending a lot of time thinking about this, because who really cares?

But since DCTMFC started the thread, I'd figure I add something other than the usual assaults against his character. icon_smile_wink.gif

GOOD POINTS..

YEA NIGO DOES SEEM TO BE GETTING CARRIED AWAY WITH HIS NEW LOOK BUT HES ALSO GETTING OLDER MAYBE ITS A MIDLIFE CRISIS.

WHY IS PHARRELL ON NIGOS SACK SOOO HARD?? HES ALREADY LOST ALL CHARACTER (IF THERE WAS ANY TO BEGIN WITH)

IM ALWAYS GONNA HAVE LOVE FOR BAPE SIMPLY BECAUSE HOMEBOY MADE IT BIG. TURNED NOTHING INTO SOMETHING.. AND JUST LAUGHED ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK..

DCTMFC DONT STOP..

HOPE YOU GET IT LATER...

Edited by Selegna on Sep 2, 2005 at 02:18 PM

i believe early 30s.

Why can't the cat just do what he wants to do? I don't personally rock bape, but more power to them. Reason to his massive cash flow gotta do with other things. connectionsssss.

Quote:

i believe early 30s.

Why can't the cat just do what he wants to do? I don't personally rock bape, but more power to them. Reason to his massive cash flow gotta do with other things. connectionsssss.

--- Original message by 1M on Sep 2, 2005 03:53 PM

I agree, he has built a successful company from his own vision.........you gotta give him props even if you don't like the gear

• 2 weeks later...
Quote: personally I have never seen anyone rock Bape here in Boston. Maybe if Bape started making XS on AA tees the indie kids could start rocking it! Oberst x Bape collabo is gonna be fire

indie kids only have money for beer. they wear 2 dollar t-shirts from a thrift shop or some crap their art school buddies made.

Quote:

SHIT THIS IS LIKE WATCH THE REAL LIFE PLAYER HATER'S BALL, SHIT NIGGA.....

HATE HATE HATE HATE.......................................

ONLY IF YOU PEEPS HAVE THE MONEY P.W OR NIGO HAS.... LIFE IS BITCH AIN'T IT?

--- Original message by 6MT on Sep 18, 2005 12:24 AM

who the hell said anything about money?

Edited by adsurgo on Sep 18, 2005 at 09:23 AM

i did, what do u care, what did niga and pw did wrong? i dont rock their gear, but i think they are doing good, dont buy their gear if you dont like them why spend your time hating on both of them, what the fuck they did to you?

givivg u the same chance and oppurtunity they had, i dont think you could even come close to where they have achived.

Quote:

just seems wird that some twenty year old from va would become the face for a once underground company from japan.

nigo is a troll, pharell is a pop star.

how unkle and biz turned into pharell and lil wayne and mtv, shit, i have no idea.

--- Original message by dontcaretoomuchforcrap on Sep 16, 2005 05:10 PM

Pharrell is over 30.

The Neptunes also produced "Rump Shaker" while they were in high school.

Google.

Actin' bad like a kid at Six Flags...