Nike SB

savage

LV skate shoe is what most will be messing with in a year..

Why did i skate in bapestas? well one day i got stranded at a park with no skate shoes i happened to be wearing them and i could not just sit there and not skate (the ledges and bowl were calling me) so i said fuck it.. and they were really nice. Bapes have a thinner mid sole than a regular AF1 (impossible to skate in those, i have tried and rolled many ankles) so that worked out and the patent leather grips and holds up suprisingly well.

ehh go figure!

OOPS FORGOT TO HIT CAPS LOCK.

HOPE YOU GET IT LATER...

Quote:

LV skate shoe is what most will be messing with in a year..

Why did i skate in bapestas? well one day i got stranded at a park with no skate shoes i happened to be wearing them and i could not just sit there and not skate (the ledges and bowl were calling me) so i said fuck it.. and they were really nice. Bapes have a thinner mid sole than a regular AF1 (impossible to skate in those, i have tried and rolled many ankles) so that worked out and the patent leather grips and holds up suprisingly well.

ehh go figure!

OOPS FORGOT TO HIT CAPS LOCK.

--- Original message by Selegna on Sep 1, 2005 09:31 AM

How ironic.

Cool story!

How did my dictate last night?

• 2 weeks later...

for SB: some to the shoes look real nice, a lot of them look like shite. If I like one of the colorways a lot, I'll want it. It's a about the shoe, not the hype. My shimizu's happen to be my favorite shoe, I just like them, not cuz they're dunk sb's, but because they're just a badass shoe.

DAMMMnn. Too much nike hate.

Oh Gawd!

ye the majority of the sb shoes are nice! but the SB is all about the design...

when nike went into making soccer boots.... they made quality boots.... and only about 3-4 years ago they started goin big on designs... so now they have the top of the line boots in design and technology

SB' needs to work on the technology... theyve got the design

E-Cue is the most technically advanced skateshoe on the market... so I don't know what you're talking about.. people just aren't ready. It's practically indestructable, including the laces, and grips just as well as any other shoe.

Personally, I love the way dunks skate.. sure they don't hold up that long but at least you can feel your board. Yes I have a pile of trashed dunk SBs.. and their limited too! *gasp*

Nike 6.0 are trash... and DC really aren't that great.. Bulky skate shoes are so terrible. P-Rods and Team SBs are thick enough to hold up decently but not overly thick that you can't feel shit.

Honestly Nike SB makes some of the best skate shoes on the market.. the only other shoes I'll fuck with are Vans, eS, and Lakai, and theres only a select few from those brands worth touching.

Quote:

E-Cue is the most technically advanced skateshoe on the market... so I don't know what you're talking about.. people just aren't ready. It's practically indestructable, including the laces, and grips just as well as any other shoe.

Personally, I love the way dunks skate.. sure they don't hold up that long but at least you can feel your board. Yes I have a pile of trashed dunk SBs.. and their limited too! *gasp*

Nike 6.0 are trash... and DC really aren't that great.. Bulky skate shoes are so terrible. P-Rods and Team SBs are thick enough to hold up decently but not overly thick that you can't feel shit.

Honestly Nike SB makes some of the best skate shoes on the market.. the only other shoes I'll fuck with are Vans, eS, and Lakai, and theres only a select few from those brands worth touching.

--- Original message by powerglov on Sep 10, 2005 10:11 AM

How are you gonna say "Bulky skate shoes are so terrible" and praise the E-Cue in the same post? The E-Cue is like skating with a brick on your foot. You cant feel the board FOR SHIT. The only halfway decent SB for skating in is the FC and you can all thank Chet for that one. Thank god Nike had the smarts to put some decent soldiers on the team instead of a whole bunch of flash in the pan rookies.

I'll continute to skate every day of my life until my knees finally blow out. And I've skated more shoes than I can remember. Wanna know the best setup I've ever rocked?

A pair of Vans Era's, a half-size too big, with a Dunk SB insole thrown in and some Shoe-Goo spread with an ice cube. Board feel for days.

http://www.tragicbliss.com

Edited by TragicBliss on Sep 10, 2005 at 04:59 PM

Hey now. I never said anything about actually enjoying skating in E-Cues..OR that you could feel anything with them, I just said it carries heaps of tech; callin' out witts who says Nike SB has to work on technology.. he has NO CLUE. They've got it on lock. Zoom Air even.. Come on now.

I've been skating for over 10 years now .. I've tried everything. Shoe Goo spread with an ice cube is one of the best tricks in the book for sure.

I can't believe I didn't even mention FCs. Don't stop homie, you're one of the best we've got on this board.

Quote:

heh.

funny since the dunk was originally for basketball. amazing what a little marketing can do..

--- Original message by Ryan on Sep 10, 2005 03:15 PM

tony alva used to skate in blazers...and i mean, blazers are, like, the first basketball shoe ever (kinda) and tony alva is, like, the first skateboarder ever (kinda).

I used to wear SBs when the first series came out, but now I only wear converse chuck taylor and vans slip on. Nike shoes is too thick and big to wear with jeans( not baggy), I used to wear SBs with shorts only.

Edited by evlhunter on Sep 10, 2005 at 07:50 PM

Edited by evlhunter on Sep 10, 2005 at 08:02 PM

Ya'll make me nostalgic for the days before my knees blew out.

I used to skate in Airwalks. A whole bunch of 'em. Some good, some crap. I returned a crap pair to the factory once and they sent me new shoes and a tee shirt. I thought that was cool.

Best looking shoes I skated in were a pair of Vision Streetwear, blue suede Chuck Taylor knockoffs. Rolled my ankle so bad I should have stayed off it for a couple of weeks, minimum. But I didn't. ;)

I did skate in the original Air Jordans, but I don't remember if they were good or not.

Fuck, I'm old. lol