In Hedi Slimane news...

jaspar

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

never kopped other shit by dior besides denim. why would i be looking forward to shirts, shoes, ties, etc.? i made it clear what i was looking forward to. HTFH

I have no clue what that even means...

...Anyway. I just find it funny that with the talk of Hedi coming back into the fold for Menswear and the recent atrocious collections from KVA, all one can look forward to is jeans. But hey, that's just me...

i hope he goes back to fashion, when he was at ysl and the first few seasons of dior homme. i'm sure there won't be any over used logos, denim, tees, etc... well until lvmh wants to devour the masses and make $$$ like they did with dior homme.

i still don't understand people paying so much and buying it because of the logo or brand tag.. how do you justify that? pay for design, not a t-shirt with a bee stitched on it..

that's why fashion is deteriorating, it has to provide for the mass that want LV reprinted over and over on canvas wallets or a bee on a basic tee.. sorry that was brutal, but seriously, it is the truth.

Hedi Slimane News!!

It's official.

The news is spreading all over Paris: He signed with LVMH for a men's wear line called after his name. They are already looking for staff and interns (that's how I learned the news).

He is supposed to show his first collection FW09-10, next winter for Paris men's fashion week.

Congratulations t0m, your post made it to http://www.soindieithurts.com/.

I don't think this can be stressed enough. If Hedi really wanted to get back in the game, he will wisely ignore jeans/tees entirely. I want a YSL 2.0.

As long as he still does USB sticks and shaving kits I'm in. Preferably with Slimane written all over them.

It's really not his "best signature item." I can only repeat what everyone else said: leave that shit behind.

yeah, i agree! I dont know why most of the threads here on sufu are about raw denims, which are absolutely NOT signature items. They are nice, but nothing really impressive compared to the strip bleu or destroyed in terms of jeans.

At least on msngroups i never saw people debating so much about raws, maybe it is because sufu is more a general fashion forum and msngroups only for dior.

Anyway, Hedi should do something like in luster or strip times, when the quality was on its peak and the design was just impressing!

yeah, i agree! I dont know why most of the threads here on sufu are about raw denims, which are absolutely NOT signature items. They are nice, but nothing really impressive compared to the strip bleu or destroyed in terms of jeans.

At least on msngroups i never saw people debating so much about raws, maybe it is because sufu is more a general fashion forum and msngroups only for dior....

Are you really seriously asking why most discussion on here is about the DH raw denim???

Like really, really?

Like, not fucking with us, really?

Are you really seriously asking why most discussion on here is about the DH raw denim???

Like really, really?

Like, not fucking with us, really?

I was not asking, just stating. no need to get upset and i didnt mean to hurt your feelings...:)

And indeed thats a reason why i have only posted 16 times here.

In my opinion there are so many interesting pieces dior produced over the time and people around here are not even talking about them...but i must admit, the moment i decided to buy a raw, i had a looot of experiences to read...:)

got it. well i thought that it may have to do with the fact that people here are not so "only dior" addicts, but people who are "only"(without judging) interested in having one or two pairs of dior raw jeans, not much caring about other stuff.

At least the only rare or special pieces offered here over the time seemed to be from msn members...

well lets get back to the daily routine...sop hopefully Hedi will do some nice stuff...

I'm looking forward too see it.

But the problem is that Hedi Slimane created the Dior Homme identity from scratch, as if it was his own line. Now, this skinny silouhette is identified as the Dior Homme look, and Kris Van Assche is perpetuating this (and the customers seem to follow). Hedi will probably have trouble to create a whole new identity that doesn't look like Dior Homme 2.0.

Concerning the jeans/tees/sneakers, and all this kind of stuff, he will certainly make some.

After all, he signed with LVMH, and all that LVMH wants is to make benefits (look at the LVMH brands, they all have tees/jeans/sneakers, from Vuitton to Givenchy).

I'm looking forward too see it.

But the problem is that Hedi Slimane created the Dior Homme identity from scratch, as if it was his own line. Now, this skinny silouhette is identified as the Dior Homme look, and Kris Van Assche is perpetuating this (and the customers seem to follow). Hedi will probably have trouble to create a whole new identity that doesn't look like Dior Homme 2.0.

Concerning the jeans/tees/sneakers, and all this kind of stuff, he will certainly make some.

After all, he signed with LVMH, and all that LVMH wants is to make benefits (look at the LVMH brands, they all have tees/jeans/sneakers, from Vuitton to Givenchy).

completely agree.

however, i think he will always stick to the skinny silhouette, he did that even at ysl.

he created a rock edge oriented image for dior homme, hopefully he will create a different image, a different man for HEDI SLIMANE.

i wish he would have signed with PPR Gucci group that houses Alexander McQueen instead; i think there is more creative freedom there than with LVMH..