australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

damn, too big in the shoulders or just need to be taken in around the chest marck? you're around the same size as me so if they're too big for you then they're more than likely too big for me as well.

so far I've found the soho workshop suits fit me best. the sleeves of JL suits are maybe a cm or two longer than I'd like, my soho suit fit me spot on with a bit of tailoring in the chest.

i only ever tried it on once at the flagstore. I found the shoulders sit quite nice, but yes the chest area a tad large and particularly sleeves were a little short for my liking.

But speaking to Alvin, he sometimes makes a size 0. I tried on a size 0 blazer but in a different cut he had instore and i was nearly tempted.

marck is spot on regarding price. As for size, I wear a 36 in the jacket and 32 in the pants. The SAA stuff always fits me perfectly. I tried on piles of suit jackets yesterday and theirs was on par with filippa k and a fraction of the price.

JL suit I tried on was not even wearable for me. Sleeves were too short and ill fitting across the chest and shoulders.

I'm going to give the flag ship store a call tomorrow and see if they offer a 2-button suit this season. If not I'll just pick up the 1-button in 'Shale'.

aha thanks man the boots have really grown on me, like them more and more everyday.icon14.gif

weird story behind the cardigan... it's about 35-40yrs old from a now closed boutique in melb called 'woddinghams'. insta-stolen from an old family friend.

kind've reminded me of damir doma ss 2010 (oversized arms) and aw09 robert geller knits, just without being as good.

i would like to have a pair, but the only ones i like are very expensive, and dont look particularly good on me.

edit: not necessarily associated with douchebags. just steer clear of most wayfarer types. though these can undoubtedly look genuiniely good on certain people, however few.

Considering my Nordic heritage i do not fare well in sunlight, need to wear sunglasses really. Anyway, i have these:

Margiela5glasses1.jpg

I love them, but they are obviously not for everyone. Looking forward to giving them proper use in upcoming months.

need sunglasses too but I have to be more selective when it comes to picking a pair, would need to have prescription lenses put in so I'd want to use them for at least a few years. no idea on what to go for though...

yo bt, what's the word from TNT?