australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

yeah, definitely wouldn't pay full price for one. used to prefer chronograph style watches but realise that they're too chunky looking for my girly wrists. :o I'd be wearing it most days so I'd prefer an automatic watch, always liked the idea behind them too.

any other watches I should consider? longines perhaps? rolex, omega and tag heuer are a bit gaudy looking for my taste, even their dress watches.

Rolex's are nice as they appreciate in value. Should go to Asia (eg. HK) and go buy a watch there so much cheaper. However, so many people in Asia have Rolex's even middle class people so it's kinda lost its class, I remember one of my taxi drivers in HK was wearing a real Rolex. I don't really rate Longine watches might as well get a Omega they are nice. Other watches that you can look at are:

- Graham

- Corum

- Ball

- Glashutte

- Girard Perregaux

- Hamilton

- Officine Penerai

haha, nice one mel. icon14.gif be sure to check out the _7 nubuck hoodie for me if you can mang.

nps man will do. last time i went to japan i had nfi where all the good shops are. this time ill go prepared ;) readin arto's guide atm. I'll be going with my family though so im guessing ill only have 1-2 days max to go around by myself.

haha fen i dont think ill be copping large ticketed items this time around! still gotta save for julius s/s10 grey moto :P

how long you gonna be in syd for Arj??

still looking for a cheaper alternative to these, aussie designers still seem to think drop crotch sweats are the coolest thing ever though. :rolleyes:

how is lad's quality like? if they are really good then i suppose it's worth the money mang.. agree looks good.

drop crotch sweats imo are for tall slim dudes.

interested to see how grey the leather is on that moto, _7 have never produced a straight grey leather before (I prefer black any day anyway :P). I think arto's shots are probably a better representation of the colour:

07.jpg

quality of lad is really good fen, up there with some of the more expensive japanese labels. still pricey for sweats but they're probably the best I've seen (cut like their slim slacks, very minimal). agree that drop crotch sweats only work on really tall and slim guys, even then it can look awkward...

jbone they are not that expensive in comparison to other well-known brands, they are retailed EUR600 (large) and EUR 640(small) or in Australia AUD1930(large) and AUD1750(small). yes, bloody ripped off if you buy any GJ in Australia, everything is so overpriced here, that's disgusting!

I like that Georg Jensen watch a lot chin, have to check them out too. yeah the australian prices were a wtf, glad to hear that the international prices are more reasonable.

haha, the sweats do look good jb. waiting till they put them up on the webstore with a sizing chart and more pics (not sure if they have drawstrings yet), probably pick them up in person if I do get them though. :P

fen black moto is the way to go, complete your _7 leather collection. ;)

same here fenrost, i just realised the last 5 items I bought lately were all black, really need to inject some grey,beige, dusty/earthy kind of colours into my wardrobe. btw fenrost, i believe the latex dipped trainer is gonna be around 3k at EM, don't quote me tho :P

same here fenrost, i just realised the last 5 items I bought lately were all black, really need to inject some grey,beige, dusty/earthy kind of colours into my wardrobe. btw fenrost, i believe the latex dipped trainer is gonna be around 3k at EM, don't quote me tho :P

yeah should be around that price actually. any idea when their shipping arrives?

i did ask but they also don't know, i guess that might be because EM did one of the biggest buy internationally so it takes longer time to produce. I am eager to see their buy for the outerwear especially the one stephen mentioned, the coat that is cut all on the fabric's selvage then they manually(iron) curve the fabric to suit the pattern to create this unique interior like the taped seam coat