australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

if anyone is interested in either of the 2 lame basics I have left for sale hit me up, I can reduce the price by another $10 for you guys icon14.gif. I'm also probably going to be putting up my very lightly worn white ceepee achilles in size 41 soonish...

Nice find James. I'm not sure about the toe on those alternatives though, kind've progressive rise as the CP's have a defined toe section. May have to wait around for a supermarket/ebay listing or maybe if I search hard enough I will find some vintage type around the place.

Can't find any of those CPs anywhere, but quite a few English shoe makers have a Chukka model that is similar.

i.e.

shoe-john-white-westbury-black-polished.jpg

if anyone is interested in either of the 2 lame basics I have left for sale hit me up, I can reduce the price by another $10 for you guys icon14.gif. I'm also probably going to be putting up my very lightly worn white ceepee achilles in size 41 soonish...

holy shit, mang - youre turning into chris with all this turnover!

where 2 kop nice woolen/cashmere/rayon/etc. blend scarfs? just need black.. i know DJI mentioned CR, but there isn't really anything nice on the website. maybe more in store?

rafs (http://www.oki-ni.com/invt/raf0060blk) for 220AUD or monochromes (http://www.oki-ni.com/invt/drm0003blk) for 150AUD?

the red stitching over the gum soles, throws the Rafs off imo. Plus the labeling on the side.

However, I think the slightly modified shape is nicer than the regular docs.

Thanks man, I looked at all brands but they all seem to have some extra stitching/fatter sole/random cut. I think i'm just biased to the CP minimal style. I'm sure i'll find something eventually but may look into custom as you mentioned..

@50 if you really want to invest in some nice chukkas there are lots of other brands.. ie.

Vass Chukka

Alden or these chukkas The also do great collabs with places like beams etc.

Crockett & Jones

Allen Edmonds

Edward Green

You can also get these made to order

Loake

Sanders, cheaney, Barkers the list goes on and on..

bt, if you have hoboken dark dancers let me know the price?

For some reason the dark dancers didnt come in my order so ill have to follow it up, but im 99% sure i wont be getting them, sadly.

Yeah sure did!

Have been flat out, will reply to you this week if that's cool?

Yeah buddy no rush just making sure it went through

holy shit, mang - youre turning into chris with all this turnover!

where 2 kop nice woolen/cashmere/rayon/etc. blend scarfs? just need black.. i know DJI mentioned CR, but there isn't really anything nice on the website. maybe more in store?

rafs (http://www.oki-ni.com/invt/raf0060blk) for 220AUD or monochromes (http://www.oki-ni.com/invt/drm0003blk) for 150AUD?

haha, I'd rather have money in the bank than unworn jawns in the closet...

the CR scarf I bought is this one but in black, incredibly soft and a good weight for Melbourne weather.

honestly man I think you're better off saving your cash for something nicer, neither of those shoes are worth spending that much on.

ah fat :rolleyes:. I don't think I have the time to waste by going to the sale this year...

I asked one of the SA's he was all like 'yeah mainly just the end of summer stock' AKA shit sale.

Will go in to scope on my lunch break.

Also I'm going to be putting up my CM aw09 Double Layer l/s tee (black) soon in a Medium. Tags/only washed once if anyone has a keen interest message me. Just come to terms with the fact it's too short for me.

tbh fat hasn't really stocked anything that I would buy for at least a few seasons now (besides the CM pieces that I can get at the flagstore :P). I still drop by once in a while in the hope that they have some interesting shit...

Also I'm going to be putting up my CM aw09 Double Layer l/s tee (black) soon in a Medium. Tags/only washed once if anyone has a keen interest message me. Just come to terms with the fact it's too short for me.

theymust have changed the cut of these a lot from season to season, as my longsleeve is plenty long for me

I agree with you D I always go there hoping i'll find a treasure but usually never do. I do like the oversized Beat Poet shirts they stock though.

T the length is dramatically shorter... although perfect for anyone around 6'2" and under. The same cut from last season I have is perfect length (even an inch or so too long.) Not sure how anyone much shorter than 6ft could pull off that cut without it looking like a dress.

well i still pay retail because it would of sold if i didnt get it for myself :)

but yeah i love the deconstruction on it and the fit makes me feel not so tall.

I have ordered more of these form con, they are making them all as we speak hopefully be here in a couple weeks.

tbh fat hasn't really stocked anything that I would buy for at least a few seasons now (besides the CM pieces that I can get at the flagstore :P). I still drop by once in a while in the hope that they have some interesting shit...

this is so true

nothing really interesting for maybe 2/3 seasons now .. which is a shame

so I was reading mouko's blog and saw him mention you could get a lower interest rate on yourr credit card, just by asking.

Call to virgin later and I have a 3% p.a. interest rate discount for the life of the card and all cash advance charges (a result of being overseas with shit ATMs) transferred to the purchase rate and getting the 55 days interest free.

YES!

what's people's opinion...

the age old long tee or the CM double layer tee

CM tees are far better quality IMO, cotton/cashmere is my favourite material for tees :cool:.

the Julius ribbed tees I have are 90+ cm long, if I don't bunch them up around the waist then they look like those RO sheer dresses haha.