australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

I hope the size 2 is still okay for you, it wouldn't be the easiest piece to resell mang. :(

for tall ann d's definitely the buckle ones, they're sick. more versatile ones would be the mid tops, either in dirty white or black. get both so you can mix it up haha.

lace up av's? pics plz fen when you can. really like the curve zip pair but I don't imagine they'd be the most durable boots around heh.

fen I'm going to have to pass on the nubuck hoodie, just got measurements for a size 1:

Body width:52cm

Body length:77cm

so body width is p2p?? anywhere you could find measurement for sz3 D?

speaking of rick, is this from aw09? isn't it the pilot jacket from a couple of seasons ago?

I hope the size 2 is still okay for you, it wouldn't be the easiest piece to resell mang. :(

for tall ann d's definitely the buckle ones, they're sick. more versatile ones would be the mid tops, either in dirty white or black. get both so you can mix it up haha.

lace up av's? pics plz fen when you can. really like the curve zip pair but I don't imagine they'd be the most durable boots around heh.

tbh from the pic the white one looks like worn-in cons... irl they could be much more attractive but couldn't tell from the pic.. im quite suprised japanese shop stocks sz44 :P

body width can be either the chest (10cm down from p2p) or the p2p, depends on the store lol. afaik no stores picked up the nubuck hoodie in size 3, I'll let you know if I see any though.

a lot of ricks cuts carry across multiple seasons, just with small changes.

japanese stores stock fucked up sizing for shoes, mostly 42 and up for some reason. the suede sneakers she makes are really nice but yeah, basically just high end cons haha.

haha.. will see how it goes.. ><

i forgot to add.. looking for black sneakers haha.. yeah

i got the tall cowhide needle lace.. after handling the av.. my initial thought was the same, it isn't the most durable boots.. but like any other footwear, with great care it will last. i will try take some pics.. maybe later this week once i get my ricoh camera.. lol..

those annyd mid tops are classic.. I have wanted a pair for like a year and a half.. wont cop though i reckon.. even though they are a lot nice irl and the shape is quite different to cons, along with sole, material, 1 less eyelet etc.. They are a bit thicker than cons i think.. But yeh just to pricey for what they are.. I have liked the deep purple ones for so long

IMG_0646.jpg

DSC02658.jpg

DSC02657.jpg

DSC02656.jpg

yeah my main concern with avanti's would be the thinness of the stacked leather heel, however as you said if you care for them properly they'll last forever. I guess evans will get to know them well haha. speaking of evans my _7 tall engineers are being vibramed right now, bootless. :(

I need to get a better camera, my canon point and shoot is a pos. would feel lame if I carried around a dslr without knowing how to use it properly though (cwg/kag myspace/facebook concept), might get a leica d-lux 4 or something.

ann d mid tops are beautiful but designer sneakers are a huge money sink for something that won't last any longer than a pair of cons, adidas, nikes, etc. would still love the ann d's though, maybe if I win tattslotto. :o

lulz I didn't cop J, but fen bought the nubuck in size 2. fingers crossed the sizing is okay...

looking forward to seeing the collection mel, exciting times. icon14.gif

yeah my main concern with avanti's would be the thinness of the stacked leather heel, however as you said if you care for them properly they'll last forever. I guess evans will get to know them well haha. speaking of evans my _7 tall engineers are being vibramed right now, bootless. :(

I need to get a better camera, my canon point and shoot is a pos. would feel lame if I carried around a dslr without knowing how to use it properly though (cwg/kag myspace/facebook concept), might get a leica d-lux 4 or something.

ann d mid tops are beautiful but designer sneakers are a huge money sink for something that won't last any longer than a pair of cons, adidas, nikes, etc. would still love the ann d's though, maybe if I win tattslotto. :o

lulz I didn't cop J, but fen bought the nubuck in size 2. fingers crossed the sizing is okay...

looking forward to seeing the collection mel, exciting times. icon14.gif

where is evans again?

well..... i got enabled buying a ricoh iii camera from a discussion in sz.. lol. :P after seeing some nice shots by it in flickr as well..

hah i hope it's ok fen :)

yeh the boots are definitely in some danger of wearing fairly quickly. Best to wear them a few times then get them to the cobbler asap.. As for breaking, well I have asked a few stores and there seems to be zero complaints, so i guess these are sturdy when worn.. but as i and others have said;

"I haven't heard of any problems with the delicacy or the boots breaking, but the boots aren't tramping boots - they are a specific silhouette and (very tight) construction, yes - delicate in form, and should be given appropriate duties as part of your wardrobe"

D did you sell all of your stuff?

agree about the avanti's, not balla/careful enough for a jawn like that though I think haha.

yeah, all the stuff I had listed has been sold (except the coat which is still on hold). damn AUD is so strong atm, shit time to sell but great time to buy haha.

sorry for the crappy link J, was looking at reviews. :o the leica is a really gorgeous camera though and haven't heard anything but good things about the pics it takes compared to other acdc's.

hah i hope it's ok fen :)

yeh the boots are definitely in some danger of wearing fairly quickly. Best to wear them a few times then get them to the cobbler asap.. As for breaking, well I have asked a few stores and there seems to be zero complaints, so i guess these are sturdy when worn.. but as i and others have said;

"I haven't heard of any problems with the delicacy or the boots breaking, but the boots aren't tramping boots - they are a specific silhouette and (very tight) construction, yes - delicate in form, and should be given appropriate duties as part of your wardrobe"

D did you sell all of your stuff?

jcot, that is exactly what i thought about the avantindietro.. totally agree in regard they aren't tramping boots like guidi, augusta or ccp or any alike...

the avs are different and very light... it's amazing.

body width can be either the chest (10cm down from p2p) or the p2p, depends on the store lol. afaik no stores picked up the nubuck hoodie in size 3, I'll let you know if I see any though.

a lot of ricks cuts carry across multiple seasons, just with small changes.

japanese stores stock fucked up sizing for shoes, mostly 42 and up for some reason. the suede sneakers she makes are really nice but yeah, basically just high end cons haha.

yea if 52cm is the p2p i might even fit a sz1 lol....

man, seriously? bunker coat is fail imho.

which one is the bullet jacket, this seasons scuba jacket? mollino is better, scuba's condom hood isn't functional anyway.

I think the bunker looks good on the runway, and the fit shown on browns is even better. Would like to see it styled without the top button done up though.

The bullet is the scuba. And totally agree of the hood functionality, but it still looks good. See ray's nylon verrsion for proof.

i guess my next purchase ann sneakers.. i been thinking of the aw09 buckle sneakers. they look great.. but i think i want something versatile as well. like melv's aw08 double layer that can fold into short sneakers... thoughts?

73095152.jpg

caos903852img600x265122.jpg

I think the 3-buckle version is better, especially considering the price similarity. Check the fit pics on browns, they look awesome. and the side zip is to too good to pass up imo. I would, however, have a tailor remove the permanent buckle.

I just sold my geller blazer - finally - so might cop.

I think the 3-buckle version is better, especially considering the price similarity. Check the fit pics on browns, they look awesome. and the side zip is to too good to pass up imo. I would, however, have a tailor remove the permanent buckle.

I just sold my geller blazer - finally - so might cop.

i personally like the buckle ones more as well, tbh the buckles has never been an issue for me, they are like any other sneaker straps and the 2 top buckle can be detached anyway.

i also mentioned this to melv.. haha.. there are times i have my lazy days i just want to slip into a (short) sneakers and there are times i want to tuck in, buckle/tie up and feel neat. lol.. ann d's sneakers is the closest i find..

still not convinced that the bunker coat is a good buy at all man, far better coats out there imo. perhaps wait for bt's FW09 NAT buy? taralis' tailored work is next level shit, especially compared to rick...

no doubt the scuba is sick, especially the way ray wears it. the jacket's appearance from the front is exactly the same as the mollino though so I would lose the hood if possible.

good to hear bt, would be great to have the lame basics by tomorrow if possible. :)

I'm too lazy for tall lace up boots/sneakers, zip up boots are the most convenient thing ever, take 2 seconds to put on haha.