australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

A is photographed better which is subconsciously swaying my opinion but i'd have to go with B. I still dislike both and would prefer D's butteros :D

Not sure about those tees man, the U neck from front view looks really awkward. I'm really partial to the BBS basics at the moments but they're wayy too much for what they are.

not digging the waist band, seam detailing or the back pockets on dem joints Ivan...

I prefer a slight u-neck to a regular crew (hell no to v-necks), I think that lad one is a good depth without going into wild homo territory. still not 100% about the crescent cut hem, looks cool in the pics though.

got any detailed pics of your combats A? I've grown to like both but still prefer the look of the older ones, although the new ones look like they'd take more of an arse kicking with the sturdier sole and stiffer leather. need to replace the flat laces with thin waxed ones though...

what about the new ann boots 50? not really feeling the chunkier shape or top strap that much...

option A have grown on me big time. when youre paying that much for a pair of boots, you want a point of difference, right? sole luks gud.

and d, yes on the tee. u-neck doesn't look too severe.

anyone find lad tees run mad small? i remember fitting 44 in outerwear, but struggling with 48 in cut/sew. i think. maybe.

not sure about the sizing, the 42 looks like it's cut fairly loose from the sizing chart but should fit well because it's made from a light and delicate hand-spun peruvian pima cotton:

Length: 71

Shoulder width: 41.5

Body width: 48.5

I like the fact that they look more like combats. They look more like boots than a weird sneaker. I guess the flat sole adds something interesting to it, but i wouldn't say something good. I don't think i could bring my self to buy anything else really. Unless anyone else knows a really good size zip combat boot? I would cop RVW if all else fails and i feel i really need them.

2496_rip_sho_a-1.jpg

edit: Lad Shirts are great. I just can't fit into them..afaik.. actually never tried.

I found some conflicting measurements on Y!

Size 42 Shoulder width 41cm Bodice 45cm Length 60cm Sleeve length is 17cm

Size 44 Shoulder width 42cm Bodice 44cm Length 62cm sleeve length is about 20cm

Size 44 Shoulder width 43cm Bodice 47cm Length: 65cm sleeve length is about 19cm

Size 44 Shoulder width 44 cm Bodice 49cm Length 65 cm, sleeve length is about 21.

Size 46 Shoulder width 44cm Bodice 47cm Length 66cm

yeah but over 70K yen for boots from a random japanese domestic is a big risk, would have pretty poor resale value if the sizing didn't work out...

will probably cop those lad tees, always need more lame basics haha. the double neckline on the new _7 ribbed tees doesn't look too bad after all either (ignoring the terrible styling choice of pairing khaki with blood :\ ):

090711_161946.jpg

haha that khaki/red combo reminds me of the 1980's and bad client colour choices for logos. I was wearing a ribbed l/s today, I only own one. I really love them though will have to get more, perhaps _7.

D if you are talking about Ann FW09 I think the boots are a massive win. would wear in a heartbeat over RO. I also love the pants in this collection and think it answers everything I wanted in the stacking/heavier material (not so much in this particular image though).

DEME_MW_AW09_0307.jpg

yeah I only have the 3 ribbed l/s tees, the cotton/cashmere ones are quite sheer and tight so you need to layer two unless you want massive nipple visibility and for people to see every ripple in your body haha. the new regular cotton ones don't look that sheer, will probably cop in black and blood (khaki looks crap on me).

those ann d boots looked great on the runway but no so great off:

ann-demeulemeester-2009-fw-collection-june-24-04.jpg

strap doesn't do anything for them at all imo, prefer the FW08 version personally. some pics of the pony hair version here.

would love some ann d virgin wool pants, shame they're so expensive. perfect slim tapered cut with zip fly, drawstrings and suit style slit back pockets...

I second those pants, generally my fav thing in her collections as i'm not altogether fond of her outerwear. I will get some one day..

I think those boots are alright.. I for some reason am attracted to boots with a strap or two.. must be the whole riding boots lust i have:o

yeah I've just got a con 'dark matter' from bt in aubergine. neck is SO fucking wide, but can layer a tee/singlet and make it workable. def need to get onto Julius.. it just seems really inaccessable being tall and around size 3/4 (perhaps I could go 2 in ribbed).

haha yeah that image is really gross... that colour is doing nothing for me. I will wait to see better pics to make judgement. The strap looks weird but I think its one of those things that comes to life when being worn.

shame the pants are expensive yes but if they were cheap we probs wouldn't want them haha. would think about prostitution for these: lulz

DEME_MW_AW09_0118.jpg

yeah I was thinking about getting one of those dark matter tees but the neckline looked too wide for me. you should be fine with a 3 in the ribbed _7 tees, length shouldn't be an issue as my size 1 tees are 90cm long lulz.

if I had those boots I probably wouldn't wear them with the strap done up. need to see some styled pics of them, but they aren't doing anything for me now and I need something with a side zip due to chronic laziness. :o

wouldn't cop those ann pants at retail, hell I don't think I'd pay for them on sale either. will wait for another staton sale thread, hopefully with size XXS this time haha.

ah well, it'll be worth the wait. :)

reckon this lad rider could work with a button down shirt or still too greaser despite the minimal detailing?

col_28b1.jpg

feeling so much of the new lad collection, moto is dope for it's simplicity and super sturdy cow hide leather:

col_fin033.jpg

maybe I'll cop if I get this grad job... :o

wouldn't cop the perfecto, not really my style (too t-birds haha).

I've always been a fan of simple single riders like that though, probably should have kept my old hare one as a beater haha. like the minimal detailing and the old school heavy weight leather, only thing that put me off that lithium homme moto was the awkward shoulder construction but the fit of this lad one looks on point.

haha, believe me I've looked and haven't found a nice clean moto that looks like it will fit the way I want till this lad one. initially I didn't like that it doesn't have any chest pockets/zips but I think the simplicity works in it's favour, it's the sort of piece that you'd still be able to wear in 10 years time (provided you still fit in it ;)) and it wouldn't look dated at all. leather looks like it'd last through the apocalypse too haha.

honestly I think the interview went really well, man 1 hour of behavioral questions is tough though :o. the managers said I should have an outcome by the end of the month, fingers crossed.

hi guys, hope its okay if i ask for some advice, recently i bought V&V seacoat navy jacket. fit pics below

th_IMG_3432.jpg

th_IMG_3448.jpg

i love the leather to bits but im not sure of the fit. I think the shoulder is a little bit too wide for me and the padded shoulder doesnt seem to help. Is it a good idea to tailor it so that the pads are gone from the shoulder and maybe make it a little be more fitted throughout?