australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

the Obscur wool legging pant/shorts

Obscurpants.jpg

Annoys me because I walked past this morning when they were open, and probably have done about 10 times while they have been sitting there.

yeah I wouldn't buy derbies either, not with the minimal price difference between them and a pair of boots.

augusta_boots.png

would love a pair of these cordovan side zip boots, (overly) similar shape to CCP boots but in a clean and simple enough leather so that it'd be suitable as a work/formal shoe.

I prefer the CCP version too but the distressed/contrasting leather and contrasting white stitching make them inappropriate for dressier outfits imo, where as I think you could easily wear the Augusta's with a suit.

i am also of the disposition that the CCP size zips are much nicer, basically coming down to leather colour, originality and a wider trunk. As far as lace ups go Augusta are brilliant, very comfortable. I still like the a lot of the guidi lace up boots that i have tried on more, but yeh i would love those shell cordovan side zip boots (one of my fav leathers). They are a rare exception, because of the simplicity and they could be easily be worn as dji said with a number of outfits, though if i was wearing a suit i would much rather the Avantindietro curved zip boots.

b-cszipsF.JPG

b-cszipsside.JPG

pigsF.JPG

pigsside1.JPG

those are nice j.. be unreal to have both

i still think i'd prefer the augusta cordovan's for work though, like to have more of a point rather then rounded toe with my suit

the shoe itself has more structure..and the leather looks cleaner with a bit more shine

still, i wouldnt be disappointed with the avantindietro's :)

Augusta derbies have gone ridicuro cheap at EM before, but at the time I just didn't have the dough to get them, mad regretting now. They WERE about 1 size too big but at those prices I'd just have stuffed paper in.

Meanwhile, these Guidi lows are sex.

20090704_0039.JPG

pics mofo T!

Obscur collection was seriously intense. I jsut some pretty serious selling to do in the next week, once its all gone ill get a HEAP of information out to everyone.

Selkies and James Vincent have had a decent view of lots of the collections.

I think they are impressed eh :o