australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

Yeah Canberra is a hell hole and as a result I have to buy most of my stuff online or get Melv to proxy for me :/ But it isn't too bad cos I fit all xs/w.28 as I'm really skinny.

Haha I've heard about therelativity and her obsession with Billy Kirk. Actually dunno her irl but if I do see her I'll tell her to stop :)

AHAHAHAH D that was a classic

how many people u gotta rep b4 you can rep someone you have already... ahh, does that make sense?

ohh yeh i forgot about the the buttons, quite hard to do up cuz they are a wooden thick button... even harder and more frustrating after you've had a few to drink

would like to see some BBS work irl, not sure if I'd actually buy any of it though. felt fairly indifferent about the DD pieces I've had a chance to handle irl too...

ed save your money for a better leather jacket. my jut neck may be up for sale in the near future if you're interested, will be a bit more expensive than that awful OV jacket though ;).

jb I think it's quite a few, maybe a dozen or so people? I barely seem to be able to rep anyone anymore :\

a dozen, dont think there are more than a dozen people who post in this thread so i dont think i have a chance as its the only real thread i look at

im interested to see the quality of the BBS tees, ill bring the jeans if i end up in melb sometime soon (possibly JV's trunk show)

just sell the CON to all the international sufu people who have been beasting over it lately, make a killing like mel did haha.

tbh I don't like the way the double layering is done on the BBS tees, and the single layer tees are just regular cotton tees that cost ~200 euros :\ .

thats the reason why im interested to see the pieces irl, whether its worth the heavy price... and judging from how you've just put it, its not lol

yeh or give it a go on the bay, you shouldnt have too much problem either way

not sure what's up with the dropped shoulder line on all of the cut & sewn pieces either, the model on A is wearing everything super fitted but the shoulder seam is still way off... I dunno, I can't justify spending that much on a sheer cotton jersey tee. I prefer something like the _7 and CON jersey tees which are light and drapey, but still substantial enough to wear without showing off your nipples ;).

haha im not a fan of the nip show...would have to wear another tee underneath if i were going to wear one

i was more interested in the single layer tees, but as u said 350AU isnt right..

arj you got any jersey tees on the way for your collection or dont want to give too much away atm?

id personally like the CON jersey tees a litle more fitted, but still good for the price in comparison to others i supppose

Haha D I'll take up your advice about that OV jacket :)I really need a new wardrobe... regret buying so much CON in the past >,<

sorry if im going to far into detail here but this line got me thinking. I myself often feel this predicament and im sure most of you here can somewhat relate to the above. Now to my point. I think if i bought a whole new wardrobe in one foul swoop i would end up hating/not using a number of pieces as i wouldnt have had time to let each piece speak for itself on its own first.

When you add a new piece it either compliments the others in your wardrobe, or somewhat pushes your image in a new direction, albeit for better or worse. Then i find that the earlier bought pieces no longer speak to me, or match with what im 'evolving' my wardrobe into. I hope this makes sense.

In short i feel greater for understanding each peice for what it is, at the time i got it, and for why i got it. I still have brands in my wardrobe that would be concidered cheap on SUFU, but i obviously bought it when i bought it for a reason. Even if the reason is no longer valid i still keep it as it reminds me of how ive changed.

i suppose i think differently, if i can see that something no longer fits my image or i no longer see any value in it, id rather sell it and make way for a new piece for my wardrobe..

photos can show me how ive changed :D i dont have the cash to be able to hold on to something i wont wear

in ed's situation im presuming his wardrobe is predominantly CON as he was oblivious to whats actually out there.. and because of this his image wasnt necessarily what he wanted, but all he knew of... so in saying that i think he has that feeling that these pieces no longer speak to him as you say cuz he has discovered more and more pieces that are suitable for the image he really wants

Haha yeah I actually like how you think Wept ^^ Atm my wardrobe is predominantly Aus brands but mainly CON apart from my DD's and annd combat boots, which I got of Melv. I still like the stuff I got from Friedrich Gray and Claude Maus but as jbone said over the last couple of months I've discovered more and more pieces from international designers, which is a time to move on.

I personally don't see the point in keeping pieces I won't wear, if it's in sellable condition then I rather have money than nostalgia value. ;)

jb I had fromjapan enquire about something for me, got this info from them:

The seller seems to have went to Paris for the JULIUS 2010 SPRING AND SUMMER COLLECTION in PARIS.

And he also stated he cannot answer the emails during the period of 6/24~7/1.

I think you may need to wait a couple of days before Hide can get back to you to confirm the preorder man.

also, these faux layered _7 tees, yay or ghey?

probably not, good point T. the boat neck and faux bra straps are kinda mad effeminate...

maybe I should give the blood colour another go and take that ribbed tee Tyler is selling, need some more lame basics.

probably not, good point T. the boat neck and faux bra straps are kinda mad effeminate...

maybe I should give the blood colour another go and take that ribbed tee Tyler is selling, need some more lame basics.

can never have enough...

is it the one with the frayed edge? I like the blood colour

haha, too true. need to check out KKA lame basics when in japan, J said they looked really nice...

the one he's selling is the straight hemmed l/s tee, already have the same one in black and white (had rust, colour doesn't really suit me). didn't really like the blood colour on the jersey tee I bought last season, perhaps it would work better with the ribbed tee though...

haha nawwww man i got Ivan's Swesson pants he sold me today, i cannot pull these off. I need a baggier leg, i cant handle them being skin tight in the legs, so not my style! Off to the SM they go.. ;)

Did we already ask this, What is everybody top collection/s this season and your must cop piece?

For me its Undercover and Rick Owens.

Quite a few pieces i want from both collections, and other collections. But most important are:

These undercover shoes

14.jpg

web-19-thumb-540x361.jpg

and really into these rick vests

1.jpg

20.jpg

I would never just wear them over a t-shirt though, get to much of a wack metro wearing a waist coat over a tee vibe.

I would even consider copping the new sneakers, but its pretty unnecessary really, how much wear would i get out of two pairs of rick sneakers. They are dope though...

i should have clarified what i ment.

if its worth something you should sell it if you dont want it. What i ment was i have kept some of my older pieces (before i started liking high end shit) due to the memories i have attached to them.

if its worth alot and you dont want it, its well worth selling.

oh, and DJI, those _7 tops get a nay from me. but im basing that purely on my own looks/wardrobe

yeah I don't think those tees are for me either, just haven't seen any decent basics this season. will probably buy that blood l/s from Tyler...

btw I remember you were pretty keen on the whole drape neck thing wept, I think this seasons knit looks a lot nicer than the previous versions (better fit, more versatile style). the ribbed knits are a lot less delicate and easy to take care of than the wool yarn ones, far easier for everyday wear imo.

DJI, i have hardly even worn my current drape neck. its just sitting there atm as im yet to really get a feel for it. im loving my siva knit though. its thicker than i thought and it really is a true winter piece.

thanks for the link anyhow but atm im taking a 'copping break' until BT stocks some OV basics and bat shaket. My grail will prob be my largest purchase for a while.