australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

acne hexes are definitely there, they were on the last table/display amongst the womens true religions lulz.

wore my el cheapo leather gloves today, don't think I'll bother dropping cash on any designer full hand leather gloves. not having a sense of touch is kinda weird/inconvenient and it isn't really cold enough in Melbourne to justify needing them. need a pair of KKA gloves like these though:

kka_gloves1.jpg

kka_gloves2.jpg

i forgot to ask the following in the above post:

if anyone sees a good deal online for the domir doma octopus scarf (i dont know the actual name of it) please let me know. i have no idea what they retail for but its prob to much in my mind for a single scarf.

i like the look of those gloves D.

good news about the knit, D although not so keen about te price if it's an acrylic blend. Will be intersting to suss quality...

Anyone know where I can score some CP Officer Ankle Boots for a good price? Totally too late for superheros auction and they were my size :-(

25012_1.jpg

Also everyone should check out Tobias Frere-Jones exhibiton at the narrows gallery if bored and around flinders lane. Great concept and execution.. http://www.thenarrows.org/contact/index.html

yeah I need to cop those gloves :cool:.

dude that bought this seasons DD scarf said he bought it for 300 euros :eek:. I'd imagine that previous season ones would be a similar price, obscene amount to spend on a piece of fabric with tassels.. only scarves/wraps I wear atm are the julius modal angora stole and a viscose/wool/angora/cashmere scarf I got at CR for $50 haha.

L.E.F.T. in Melbourne stock MA+ bags,

Give em a call and they should be able to fill you in.

http://www.threethousand.com.au/shop/left/

Atelier have the canvas version, but just too late fo sale

I do love MA+ but im not sure if its exactly what i have in mind. Im not making this easy am i.

I did see some RO Bags in the Paris store that i was so close to buying. i wish i did.

Anyone know of any RO bags available?

i'm going to segue way here, from sart event at Andrew McConnell’s recently opened Cutler and Co, to dining in Melbourne (sidetracking from our love of high end Jap and Euro goods)...

So, does anyone eat out much? I'm trying to more and more. Most recent meals that have been good have been:

Von Haus (relaxed casual (W/D)ining.

Rumi (amazing middle eastern food, up the road from me)

Mo Vida Next Door (the more casual version of the impossible to book Mo Vida)

I really want to check out:

Helenic Republic (another one in my neck of the woods, apparently really good greek food and a great dining experience)

Cumulus Inc another AMac restaurant on Flinders Way

Will return soon to:

Cookie always great thai style seafood and other favourites (like the fried chicken)

Yu-u one of the better Japanese casual dining restaurants in Melbourne

Anyone have any good reviews / tips / favourites?

My last trip to Melbourne in November was a bit of a culinary excursion, some of the places I went to (in 4 days):

Movida Next Door

Cumulus Inc

The Press Club

The European

Gills Diner

Shoya

My favourite was Movida, the eggplant chips and ox tongue were the standout dishes. The Press Club does a great 4 course lunch on the weekends, the desserts can be boxed for take away if you get too full (like we were). I also wanted to try Seamstress and Flower Drum but missed out.

My last trip to Melbourne in November was a bit of a culinary excursion, some of the places I went to (in 4 days):

Movida Next Door

Cumulus Inc

The Press Club

The European

Gills Diner

Shoya

My favourite was Movida, the eggplant chips and ox tongue were the standout dishes. The Press Club does a great 4 course lunch on the weekends, the desserts can be boxed for take away if you get too full (like we were). I also wanted to try Seamstress and Flower Drum but missed out.

sounds like a great selection of places!

Havent been to seamstress, have only been to seatshop for thermoses

do you mean yahoo japan auction?

1. sign up and make an account with fromjapan (goggle it as one word)

2. deposit money into fromjapan account and use it to bid

3. win auction, pay for item, wait for delivery

4. receive delivery. wear item. get bishes

DJI prob uses Y! the most out of the melb people. i use it but not as much as D. just remember that google translate is your friend. if youre buying a bag you wont have to worry about sizes, unless youre going to cut holes in it and wear it as pants.

i forgot to ask the following in the above post:

if anyone sees a good deal online for the domir doma octopus scarf (i dont know the actual name of it) please let me know. i have no idea what they retail for but its prob to much in my mind for a single scarf.

i like the look of those gloves D.

Atelier does and it comes in three colors. apparently they were having 40% off everything over the weekend but too bad its monday over there already. however i'm waiting up on my stuff and they are gonna let me know if i could get this discount or not. I could do a proxy if you really want them.

haha, I haven't bought anything off Y! since I got that KKA drapey cardigan over 2 months ago...

trying not to buy clothes unless it's something I definitely want. btw whats on everyone's to cop list? mine atm:

- leather jacket (MA FW09)

- wool coat (not sure what, would love that bless coat though...)

- combat boots (need old ricks...)

- black skinny jeans (N(N))

- slim J-Jeans (KKA or Julius FW09?)

- lame basics (Julius FW09)

- fingerless leather gloves (KKA)

- jewellery maybe....

Well LVR discounts VAT, so thats 17.5% off, which compensates for the Australian import duty...

Thanks James.... im not so familiar with tax.. does this mean i only need to pay GST? this happens to all purchases from overseas right?? Does it make a difference if i use proxy?

Bag - should have it in a week, images in 4 days :)

Werkstatt "tiger" ring - stock arrives in august.

Odyn vovk - basics - august.

Yohan serfaty - leather jacket - august

Nicolas Andreas Taralis boots - August

Obscur basics/scarf

Avantidietro boots

Miharayasuhiro - entire collection.

- a washing machine

- 'sexing' my dog

fixed :P

my list is as follows

grail Julius leather from FW07

grey/black N(N) skinny jeans size 3

basics (havent bought any since i lost 13kg)

on my maybe list is

Viridi anne 'jedi' coat

julius jut neck if i can find it cheap

julian red dark dancers. have a pair thats too big.

I'll take a VA jedi coat too if I can get a size 1 for a reasonable price...

wept Uniqlo is a good (and extremely cheap icon14.gif) alternative to N(N) for grey skinny jeans, I don't think grey jeans justify spending that much cash on as they wouldn't get as much use as black.

i see where your coming from DJI and ill keep it in mind. the thing is i only own black jeans and mainly black clothes so adding grey to the pallet is something i wish to do, to basically break up the black.

also im still keeping an eye out for the jedi coat for you in a size 1. there is one but they seller hasnt lowered the price at all, even though its not selling.

Thanks James.... im not so familiar with tax.. does this mean i only need to pay GST? this happens to all purchases from overseas right?? Does it make a difference if i use proxy?

The VAT is the equivalent of GST in the European Union. When shipping to an address outside of the EU, most stores refund the tax, but if the shipment exceeds AUD$1000, that 17.5% will be payable here.

If you use a local EU proxy, they will have to pay this tax, so even if they mark down the consignment value on entry to Australia, there's no real escaping taxes.

need a pair of KKA gloves like these though:

kka_gloves2.jpg

Missed these on page 98, very very nice

Hey i'm good at Y! really:D

nice james and D! Love yours too BT

I want need love

Rick owens older style combats

Rick owens space butz

Buttero B1101 in reverse calf or maybe cdiem 6 holes in reverse calf.

Some leather haven't made up my mind yet.. :rolleyes:

Some j shape jawnz.. prolly KKA

Leather knit beanie Yohan Serfaty

Some more nice basics.. some more well cut pants. maybe techno fabric

Raf Simons suit

linen pants dont really know who, would love MA+

Avantindietro curve zip boots or laced derby:o

LUC knit <3