australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

i'm going to segue way here, from sart event at Andrew McConnell’s recently opened Cutler and Co, to dining in Melbourne (sidetracking from our love of high end Jap and Euro goods)...

So, does anyone eat out much? I'm trying to more and more. Most recent meals that have been good have been:

Von Haus (relaxed casual (W/D)ining.

Rumi (amazing middle eastern food, up the road from me)

Mo Vida Next Door (the more casual version of the impossible to book Mo Vida)

I really want to check out:

Helenic Republic (another one in my neck of the woods, apparently really good greek food and a great dining experience)

Cumulus Inc another AMac restaurant on Flinders Way

Will return soon to:

Cookie always great thai style seafood and other favourites (like the fried chicken)

Yu-u one of the better Japanese casual dining restaurants in Melbourne

Anyone have any good reviews / tips / favourites?

the oversized loose knit sweater is in at CM. it's has a loose crew neck with front and back seam detailing, costs $345 and is made from a wool/acrylic(???) blend. tried it on but the style really isn't for me (oversized never is). it does look great on girls though, the blonde SA was wearing it and she looked stunning (then again she always does :o).

picked up some leather gloves from Siricco this morning. I tried on the mens gloves but they were way too big for me, bought some completely plain Dents silk lined womens gloves for $40 icon14.gif.

tyro, helenic republic is very good, decent value too. nothing experimental, very simple greek dishes, done well.

go with a bunch of friends and order a selection to share, that way you get to experience a bit more.

also you should check out habayib, it's right near you on lygon st (next to brown sugar thai i think...). not haute cuisine, just simple lebanese food, but IMO better than that new place Baba's up the road. great for good quality take-away.

yeah, I've been meaning to give Habayib a go, as I've heard good things (plus it's pretty much across the road from me)

Have you ever been to the Mexican bar near you? I keep meaning to go there, also I havent been to Mr Wilk yet, is it any good?

the oversized loose knit sweater is in at CM. it's has a loose crew neck with front and back seam detailing, costs $345 and is made from a wool/acrylic(???) blend.

yeah, 350 is too steep for an acrylic blend.

are claude getting in any more styles in anything this season? remember somebody mentioning a second a/w drop..

true dat. cloud looks fucking sick from the official shots but then i see it on people and think it looks like it was dipped in a bucket of senion citizens shit. i dont go for that kinda look...it attracts to many retirees.

awesome, then you get to pay 15% customs fee and do 3 hours of import paperwork :rolleyes:.

is 15% all you need to pay? Is it worth doing? im trying to cop a rick leather at half price im really tempted..

fuck i read that wrong nufish and got really excited.

how did you get it wrong?

is 15% all you need to pay? Is it worth doing? im trying to cop a rick leather at half price im really tempted..

You pay 17.5% import duty, then 10% GST on the purchase price and import duty (double dipped taxes). Say you spent 1000 EUR..

That'd be $1,800 AUD, x 1.175 import duty = $2115

Then $2115 x 1.1 GST = $2326.5

Basically, as soon as you cross the $1000 AUD threshold, you pay 30% in taxes on top.

You pay 17.5% import duty, then 10% GST on the purchase price and import duty (double dipped taxes). Say you spent 1000 EUR..

That'd be $1,800 AUD, x 1.175 import duty = $2115

Then $2115 x 1.1 GST = $2326.5

Basically, as soon as you cross the $1000 AUD threshold, you pay 30% in taxes on top.

Thanks James for the info. 50% off and 30%tax on discounted price it is about little more than 20% off... i need to really think about this and make my decision before 10pm..

Plus you need to spend over 1000 euro, to get 50% of your NEXT purchase.

its not worrying me since a friend is gonna cop 1000

So im looking for a bag, what do people suggest?

Somthing big enough for a 13" Macbook.

Leather and amazingly good. Price not so important.

I remember an amazing rick bag from a couple seasons ago but cant find anything online.

Any suggestions?

PM Sent.

So bags, hit me up with some suggestions i cant find anything!

* Maybe i should get the Yohan Serfaty bag, that thing is pretty amazing

Julius gas mask bag? or the boston?

MA+ (if money not so important?) probably not the best laptop bag...