australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

tbh I haven't been impressed at all by kumagai's last 3 presentations, that red jacket does look nice but it's just a standard rider design and leather. I find the julius red leather jacket appealing because of the leather's distressed and burnt appearance.

yes i agree with you on this especially after i post those pics together and compared them. I am not too sure about what kind of 'red' they are as attachment leather seems to be darker or it could be the lighting. I just think darker red looks better with my skin color.

anyway, you have any idea where to cop?

edit: i wear 52 and i dont know if japanese brands even make their clothes in this size..

the colour of the julius leather will be closer to a blood red:

SS09Rider3.jpg

julius is quite readily available via webstores in japan however most of these sites only stock sizes 1 and 2, occasionally 3, and only ship within japan. kazuyuki kumagai isn't available online as the designer has stated that online sales aren't allowed.

size 5 is the maximum size that kazuyuki kumagai and julius produce, which equates to a european 52. your best bet to find these labels online in your size is blackbird, darklands and the archive.

ive never ever seen a julius in a size 5, on sufu or anywhere. i know its a sizing thats only recently been added to the line but its rarer than rocking horse shit. thats not to state it doesnt exist, as DJI says it does and so do other people.

question: im falling in love with the DBSS hightop sneakers. there is a pair on the marketplace for 400US but i was wondering if they were stocked anywhere locally and/or cheaper? i highly doubt it but thought id ask.

J would be a good person to ask about DBSS sneakers too as he is a big fan, he mentioned that $400 was pretty high for them in that condition.

size 4 and 5 only started being produced from FW08 onwards but you pay one hell of a premium for Japanese labels in the west...

oh yeah, not sure if I mentioned this to you wept but one thing to keep in mind with your grail leather, the arm length in a size 2 is 68cm so you have to be alright with the arm length being quite long (probably covering part/most of your hand).

ive never ever seen a julius in a size 5, on sufu or anywhere. i know its a sizing thats only recently been added to the line but its rarer than rocking horse shit. thats not to state it doesnt exist, as DJI says it does and so do other people.

question: im falling in love with the DBSS hightop sneakers. there is a pair on the marketplace for 400US but i was wondering if they were stocked anywhere locally and/or cheaper? i highly doubt it but thought id ask.

locally no way unless you have magic store! but you can get them for much cheaper on mbok and of course y!

i have seen both size 5 julius and size 5 Viridi..

never seen size 5 kk a though.. it's prolly around though

don't forget Atelier NYC otherwise known as A

If anyone drops by a Fat store this weekend, I'd love to hear if they've got the jackets in. Fat is stocking the work jacket in black and the sea coat in navy, both in the goat nubuck with a washed finish.

The leather is a bit unique, matte texture almost like a suede, but it is a brushed top-grain leather. As it breaks in the matte finish turns to a dull shine and it turns soft and pliable.

Ideally the staff should know about them by now ;)

If anyone drops by a Fat store this weekend, I'd love to hear if they've got the jackets in. Fat is stocking the work jacket in black and the sea coat in navy, both in the goat nubuck with a washed finish. ;)

Are they stocking the work jacket only in black?

Are they stocking the work jacket only in black?

Yes, and only in the washed nubuck black at that. Other stores have it in black nappa, grey nappa and army nappa. I'll update my Vincent thread with what stores have what jackets/colours/sizes once we've shot the linesheet shoot this coming week.

EDIT: Holyshit at $480 for the work jacket... Fat hustling hard!

I don't know I might have made a mistake. That's what I remember seeing and thinking wow that's cheaper than I thought, but maybe another tag was dangling over the jacket, or maybe I'm just stupid. Some one else should have a look to see. Tbh I was looking at the jackets mainly and didn't really think to pay too much attention to the price.

Ok. Checked fat in fitzroy. No mistake. $480 for the work jacket in black. They had a 46 and 48 (small and medium) they have the seacoat in 48 and 50 (medium and large) for $640. Fat recession pricing the shit out of these. I wouldn't expect them to have them for long at those prices.