australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

TTT gtfo this thread.

srsly.

flippin oath we don't need shittalkers like you.

Pand, you got me wrong. I'm not negging melbz. I should have explained I used to live there. Just not much had changed since I was there last. After all I went to all the places you guys had recommended. Plus when I went all the stores were between seasons, and I was over just before the new season drops so I was pissed off about that.

chill dude

^. ^hahah

There are so many places in Melbourne and i didn't even make it to Eastern Market. Some how i didn't know that place existed at the time.. not sure how i missed it.. but anyway

Haha, happened to me too. Owner said people usually walk in saying that, Its off lygon st. Definitely worth going in though. First time I handled CCP in the flesh. Some of the stuff was on sale when I was there. Was going to cop a nice Volga Volga Linen coat for 500 but decided against last min. Great sales assistants btw.

what's your definition of non-dodgy haha? in that price range, and if you're looking at RMIT or MU, then maybe a share house in the brunswick-coburg area?

shame those boots didn't work out for you mel, although they do kinda make your feet look small...

haha, good one pand ;). seriously though, we don't come into the sydney thread and talk shit (even though I went there for a week and was bored shitless after 2 days, seriously the shopping, food, atmosphere, etc. has got nothing on melbourne...). I wouldn't mind visiting perth at some point but you would be finished with shopping there even faster than melbourne, all of the 3-4 shops worth visiting are around king st. :P

J you should fly back home via Melbourne so we can get everyone here for a sufu meet up haha.

I find most big cities boring after a few days if you don't know locals, or are just there by yourself.

Still looking for reeboks! Argh, why is is so hard to get general release shoes in a size 13.

i still reckon japan is the best country in the world :P

you've got shopping, food, the people there are so nice/polite and 1 in 3 chicks are fucking hot (in tokyo at least).

yeah D, my gf also said the boots are not proportionate compared to the rest of my body. i've sold it last night to a mate so its all good. ill just wait and invest in a better pair next time (and try them before i buy). oh and i got a few PMs asking about the CM double layer tee lol :o

haha, yeah looking forward to seeing Japan for myself :).

good to see you repping those local brands mel icon14.gif. definitely worth dropping the cash on quality boots, if you get them maintained every few months then they'll last a lifetime. started wearing my ann d boots more often lately, really comfortable to walk around in all day :cool:.

nice waywt melvin, but yes they do look a tad on the small side.

seriously what is up with most sufu waywt, though? Not saying my style is superior or any better, but most of them look like they shop at Target. There's nothing exciting about a shirt, blue jeans and reeboks. Seriously...

actually that's one of the things I like about the sufu waywt, it isn't all the same. styles run the gamut from goth ninja, to fruit swags, to vintage steeze, to streetwear and everywhere in between. btw just a reminder you guys should post in chat edition too when posting waywt shots ;).

good point, I guess it helps me 'understand' the spectrum of different styles as opposed to the SZ board. I just find it really weird that some people bother to take a photo of themselves when there is nothing different/interesting/exciting about what they wear.

What is this chat edition you speak of? Never heard of it...

Having now tried on the vincent and vincent work jacket, I have to say that it's amazing. The leather is on par with rick owens leather jackets, and the fit is great!

should be in stores by the weekend or just after easter

With any luck Fat should have it on shelves this weekend. Of course, not every retailer has every style (or leather, or colour, or size), so your mileage may vary locally...

Next Tuesday we're doing a line sheet shoot for the range and Btbam will post what leathers, colours, sizes, styles are available. There is new colours and finishes since the first photoshoot, which I'm keen to show.

Yeah, leather bombers seem to be high priced item of choice of melbourne hipsters, can't say its a look i ever really liked, they fit like a hoody as opposed to that shrink wrapped look you want from a leather. Not a fan.

true, it is quite a popular piece with the hipsters here. you may be able to get the shrink wrapped look if you size down or look at the womens sizes, it's the same cut after all.

thanks for the update JV, do the jackets run true to size?

I was wondering what jeans you guys have tried and what you rate (man procrastination is a bitch :o). most of the australian dudes on here basically consider jeans to be unwearable if they have a bottom hem width of over 17cm so I'd say we're fairly well versed in terms of brands that make skinny jeans haha, so just wanted to see if there were any other labels I should be considering.

my list of what does and doesn't work for me, as well as a few that I haven't had a chance to try yet:

works

Australian:

Claude Maus

Swedish:

Acne

European:

APC

Japanese:

Uniqlo

doesn't work:

Australian:

Chronicles of Never (rise too high)

Swedish:

Julian Red (rise too high)

Cheap Monday (rise too high)

European:

April 77 (exposed back pocket rivets)

Dior (rise too high)

haven't tried:

UK:

Superfine

European:

Raf by Raf Simons

American:

DRKSHDW

Japanese:

Number (N)ine

Diet Butcher Slim Skin

The Viridi-Anne

Lad Musician

Lithium Homme

thanks for the update JV, do the jackets run true to size?

I was wondering what jeans you guys have tried and what you rate

I'd say they do, we'll post full measurement charts for reference though!

With Dior jeans you've got the different cuts. My Super Slenders are a low-rise cut, for example. All depends on how you want your jeans to fit though... I normally go for the mid-rise though as shirts don't tuck as nicely into low-rise jeans.

N(N) jeans fit beyond awesome.

Tried em on at the shop in NYC and they fit kinda like April77s to me but if a stiffer denim that is still comfortable due to all that darting going on.

What APC cut are you talking about DJI?

Owned a pair of new cures ages ago and want to try the new petit standards, those look right up my alley

I was talking about the new cures, haven't tried the petit standards but I don't really wear blue or raw black jeans anymore.

looking forward to getting a pair of N(N) jeans, I'm waiting till I can buy a size 1 in person so I can get a pair with the right inseam length as I want the darting at the back of the knee to line up properly haha.