Situation with Canadian Customs

rugox

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate area to post this issue but here goes.

I've ordered something from a member here who resides in New York. I live in Montreal.

Now, I have ordered stuff from him before shipped by USPS Int. Priority mail. It arrived at most in 2 weeks and I was satisfied with that. I recently ordered something from him and it has been a MONTH AND A HALF since the item arrived in Canada. The item was shipped during late October so it's been almost 2 months. The funny thing is, I've ordered something else from him after, and that item arrived in 2 weeks...

On the tracking, all it says is that the international item has arrived in Canada since October 30th. I did call Canada post and they told me that for some reason unbeknownst to those useless agents that the item has not cleared customs. They actually told me that it takes at most 14 business days to clear customs. Nothing happened after that and I called them again and they told me to put a trace. I got the sender to put a trace on it and what he received from the trace was that Canda Post randomly holds packages for 45 days???? Is anyone familiar with this?

Also, it has been 45 days and there has not been any changes to the status. I really don't know what the hell is going on with the package.

I'm wondering if anyone has had the similar problem and looking for helpful comments. Thanks.

This thread might have some information that could be useful to you: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=23034

Otherwise, from what I've read/heard, due to the strong dollar there has been an large increase in wait times for packages coming into Canada. It appears that canadapost has been very backed up for incoming parcels. I mentioned this in the other thread, but I've been receiving parcels from the States in a week max and from Japan in under a week for the past 4-5 weeks, but now I've had numerous packages being delayed quite heavily, and by delayed I mean tracking showing up as just leaving the States or Japan 2 weeks ago. This, I've come to assume, is due to the increase in Canadian consumers buying online and the Christmas rush.

If I were you I'd just contact Canadapost again and supply them with the information the trace provided.

If you got a pal at the border, get it shipped there and get someone to bring it over.

It saves time and cash. I get all my packages sent to one of my dad's businesses down south.

I can only assume it might get worse with the packages coming in for Christmas.

Just hope it comes before 08.