Nas V Jay-Z

Guest DUM

who won?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. who won?

• hova
    • esco

Very true, very true.

The Linkin Park thing... idunno? It went platinum didn't it? I know alot of people that liked it, but it doesnt serve to further legitimize Jay as the best rapper of all time.

My response to those good points as a Jay-z advocate would be that Jay-z undergoes alot of scrutiny for doing those types of collabos, with R. Kelly/Linkin Park, because he is Jay-z.

Nas has done alot of Cds like that flopped: 41st Side Compliation, Queensbridge Album, The Lost Tapes (the actual released version) that sucked worse than any collaboration Jay has ever done, the only thing saving Nas is that they were just horrible rap cds, he wasn't doing alternative/r&b collabs.

And Jay-z pepper sprayed R. Kelly and kicked his ass off the tour, which kind of saves him from The Best of Both Worlds thing a bit.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Jay-z pepper sprayed R. Kelly and kicked his ass off the tour, which kind of saves him from The Best of Both Worlds thing a bit.

LOL!

about the corny lines from nas about the titties is out...I can't really think off the top of my head about jayz saying corny lines like that, while I fee like nas has done this a lot in the mid-later part of his career.

Please list some corny ass lines from both artist for discussion sake :D

its taking alot to not neg rep exhile for hating on lost tapes. that record is almost flawless. ill take it over illmatic, reasonable doubt or ready to die any day of the week.

purple, doo rags, black zombies, no ideas original ...

if made you look was on that record, it would have all my favorite nas tracks ever. that shit is bonkers.

its taking alot to not neg rep exhile for hating on lost tapes. that record is almost flawless. ill take it over illmatic, reasonable doubt or ready to die any day of the week.

purple, doo rags, black zombies, no ideas original ...

if made you look was on that record, it would have all my favorite nas tracks ever. that shit is bonkers.

Truth.

Im still giggling to myself regarding people saying biting lyrics is hip hop. Nah son...nah...

the main reason i hate lost tapes is because having heard each and every song probably like 2 years before the album came out, and seeing Nas completely fucking ruin songs like No Ideas Original, Nothing Last Forever and Purple with hideous remakes. Theyre not even remixes, he had a sick song before, put a god awful beat to it and put it out on the lost tapes for record sales.

No Ideas original (the original) was one of my favorite songs ever made in like grade 11, oh and where was: Fetus, Everyday Thing, One on One, The Rise and Fall, Sometimes I Wonder, Wanna play rough (basically every unreleased song that he put out on the I AM mp3 cd).

These arent Nas's actual lost tapes, these are a last minute list of unreleased songs with some shitty changes.

Actual Nas Lost Tapes: the afformentioned ^^^

Good Morning, Two Seater, Take It In Blood (alternate verses) Time..

i want to hear these originals. i must have missed them because of my anti downloading stance back in the day. hook a ninja up, lease.

alos, i still want to neg rep you for hating on the alchemist beat on no idea's original. i think that beat is wicked.

Idunno, maybe it's because the first No Ideas Original is just that amazing that I cant bring myself to like the one released on The Lost Tapes, look for it.

If Nas didn't scatter around some of his best songs on weird sountracks (street fighter, men in black) and released the unreleased on some of his albums, this would be alot harder of a decision for me than just simply Jay-z over Nas.

I highly recommend looking for unreleased Nas songs, and if you are a big Nas fan download: The Rise and Fall.

Could be his best song

ya for sure, the 95 freestyle is 7 minutes of insanity, and Jay does take some of the L's rhymes from the freestyle and incorporate it into later lyrics.

Jay-z also showed alot of evolution as a rapper, from fast rap to more of a laid back punctual flow. Nas kinda stayed the same.

"I cant get with that" is one of jays better songs where he imitates the sound of a cash counting machine, i use to love fast rapping jay-z.

Big L feat. Jay-z - Da Graveyard is pretty serious too, L says some shit like about having drug spots of New york to Canada, and somethin' about having more keys than a janitor

Nasty Nas won no doubt about it...the battle wasn't about selling records, money, or other shit, it was about who would fill the vacancy of NY hip-hop after BIG died. Nas did this, and if not for his being absent from rap in the years immediately following stillmatic(to take care of his sick mother), the game would be very different today. Nas would be running shit to this day, but circumstances prevented that from happening. The battle was of the nature where it didnt matter what the average idiot thought, only what true hip-hop heads and more importantly, Jay and Nas themselves thought. On Brooklyn High (ballin remix that jay did) he concedes defeat...and that is the TRUE measure of a beef of this nature....besides, any moron can tell that ether killed jay and he had no real response...supa ugly was half-assed, and he had to call a press conference to apologize after his mother told him to....Jay's REAL hip-hop roots all but died out after reasonable doubt, he showed a few flashes on vol 1, but vol2/ blueprint were commercial hits, not pertaining to this.....black album was dope, kingdom come was barely decent....american gangster on the other hand, was pure genius, second only to reasonable doubt....at the end of the day, tho, its not about the beef, and who won, but about what their contribution to hip-hop was.....while jay has made a huge mark, i dont think anyone can question Nas being right there....illmatic=greatest rap album ever....and while there are a few albums that may be up there with it, none of them came from jay

Nasty Nas won no doubt about it...the battle wasn't about selling records, money, or other shit, it was about who would fill the vacancy of NY hip-hop after BIG died. Nas did this, and if not for his being absent from rap in the years immediately following stillmatic(to take care of his sick mother), the game would be very different today. Nas would be running shit to this day, but circumstances prevented that from happening. The battle was of the nature where it didnt matter what the average idiot thought, only what true hip-hop heads and more importantly, Jay and Nas themselves thought. On Brooklyn High (ballin remix that jay did) he concedes defeat...and that is the TRUE measure of a beef of this nature....besides, any moron can tell that ether killed jay and he had no real response...supa ugly was half-assed, and he had to call a press conference to apologize after his mother told him to....Jay's REAL hip-hop roots all but died out after reasonable doubt, he showed a few flashes on vol 1, but vol2/ blueprint were commercial hits, not pertaining to this.....black album was dope, kingdom come was barely decent....american gangster on the other hand, was pure genius, second only to reasonable doubt....at the end of the day, tho, its not about the beef, and who won, but about what their contribution to hip-hop was.....while jay has made a huge mark, i dont think anyone can question Nas being right there....illmatic=greatest rap album ever....and while there are a few albums that may be up there with it, none of them came from jay

wow how englightening, can you sir tell me what nas's first song was?

"I cant get with that" is one of jays better songs where he imitates the sound of a cash counting machine, i use to love fast rapping jay-z.

Big L feat. Jay-z - Da Graveyard is pretty serious too, L says some shit like about having drug spots of New york to Canada, and somethin' about having more keys than a janitor

"so I bought a money machine...it goes ticktacktick-drrrrrrigitdi-tack-dit-drrrrrrrrigitdi-tack-dit-dit-dit-dit-dit DOUGH!"

Cam came off on that L album too...COTC was the shit.

i know im in the minority on kelis being hotter, but the bossy video trumps anything B ever done did.

not really. I always imagined kelis is a freak and a half, just cause her music kinda portrays her in a nasty way.

I bet Nas is getting better pussy than Jay, who prolly has to eat Beyonces pussy on a silver platter

Kelis is something like that smut you just want to abuse.

Beyonce is something like that bad chick who talks it, but you want to test (to see her whore'dome level)...and if not already, eventually turn into a smut ......to then abuse.

I think Nas' albums are more memorable overall, but Jay is easliy the better artist. Nas has an ability to create a solid atmosphere in his albums, and is a compitent rapper, but Jay just has a way with words.

He's run the gamut with artists he's collaborated with -- from Fabolous to Vast Aire, he kills every track he makes an appearance on.

I gotta say though, Lil' Wayne is better than both of them.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tLXKVRfnlI&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tLXKVRfnlI&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>