NY Mag - The Extreme New York Child Hood of Alex Goldberg

...after having read more of the article...it's cool but not really. It's cool that he "creates" all of these opportunities by having a knack for social interaction (networking)...but his parents are fucked. He's really just another kid who grew up in money and took control of his parents' lack of authority...(and they spoil him to make up for it).

I still stand by my piffery offer though...

If this shit was "back in the day" East Ville or a different (rougher) neighborhood, little ALex would be in a different type of news article if he was still poppin' shit like that.

Really though, it's all about the money and "status" of his parents/family...if he came from a different situation (i.e. came from "nothing"...and perhaps not chubby or white) he'd either be a.) easily overlooked for a magazine article, b.) seen as a disrespectful, obnoxious, savage, delinquent type, c.) NOT acting the way he's painted in the article.

If this shit was "back in the day" East Ville or a different (rougher) neighborhood, little ALex would be in a different type of news article if he was still poppin' shit like that.

Really though, it's all about the money and "status" of his parents/family...if he came from a different situation (i.e. came from "nothing"...and perhaps not chubby or white) he'd either be a.) easily overlooked for a magazine article, b.) seen as a disrespectful, obnoxious, savage, delinquent type, c.) NOT acting the way he's painted in the article.

exxxxxaaaaacccttttlllyyyyy.

Man, i just wasted a good five minutes of my day reading most of that article.

Read this article last week. Pretty interesting. He seems like kind of a dick but I'd still hang out with him.

To the person who said since when is it cool to hang out with 14 year olds at clubs, I guarantee you those people were haning out with him for like 10 minutes and then said "Fuck this get this little shit out of here I wanna do a line."

It says he works at Supreme sometimes. I wonder if they actually like that kid cuz it seems like he's the type of kid that the Supreme dudes would fucking hate. I also wonder if he's good at skating....

I saw a picture of him sitting on a bike with a pair of What the Dunks next to the line for them. It made me chuckle.

^^ Well...the Supreme staff pretty much hates everyone...right?!?

I always find it amazing to see a store that basically thrives on employees who reflect that condescending, heads-up-their-asses attitude towards everyone who enters...I guess what's even more amazing is the number of people who eat that shit like it's gold just to get shitted on again by paying crazy numbers on some overpriced "regular" clothes.