Where money meets our opinions....

Charlie Delta

Here's something I'm curious about:

What if, say True Religion would get a sponsored thread, or a banner on top or whatever other possibility there is to advertise, would we be "discouraged" to say anything negative about the brand?

I'm genuinly interested in where the line is in this.

there's a difference between opining that a brand sucks, and starting a thread that another member of the forum (who is also a source of forum revenue) is a bitch.

for instance, there was a lot of uncensored negative comments about the name 'strange fruit,' even though they're paying for ad space

i think the line would be something called 'common sense'

there's a difference between opining that a brand sucks, and starting a thread that another member of the forum (who is also a source of forum revenue) is a bitch.

for instance, there was a lot of uncensored negative comments about the name 'strange fruit,' even though they're paying for ad space

i think the line would be something called 'common sense'

Actual thread response: ^^ This.

okay, cotton, i really like you, so, i am trying my best here to remain calm, but this really inflames my "come on now!" glands

there is an extremely stringent vetting process that goes on with ads, and anyone who imagines otherwise or thinks that theyre going to see true religion advertising here must be a 15 year old unfamiliar with the way the world works. money = nothing.

EDIT: and yeah, strange fruit got a lot of "wtf?" thrown at them. theyre still here.

no one got banned.

its like everyone's hindsight is limited to everyone's last 5 posts or something... the world existed a few months ago, and will continue to do so, lads...

Dear OMC, where did I insinuate that I was talking about the recent banning onslaught?

I am fully aware that the chances of TR advertising here are close to zero, but things change...

I didn't start this to kick up some more dust surrounding the superthrash, but maybe to kick up some old dust surrounding the market...

the only reason there's been such an upswell of offensive language/topics is because people are reacting to what they obviously know is a breech of their online rights. i really think that, as much as i dislike airjamie's online persona, MJK could've defended himself just fine, he doesn't need to be babied by some moderator. 1ST AMENDMENT SON LOOK IT UP

thats the problem tho... you think you can, but in the end wayne owns this board, can allow or dsiallow whatever he wants, ban whoever he wants, do whatever he wants. the first amendment wont stop you from getting kicked out of a bar for screaming obscenities and causing a scene, so why would it protect you here when you are doing the same thing?

personally, i dont care what you say, but i dont have a say in this.

Here's a snippet, basically it was about me returning a faulty DVD player. I can't be arsed to post the full on rant. But you get the gist of it.

that rant deserved a ban

by the way why all the hate for strange fruit?

learn your history, youngin

1ST AMENDMENT SON LOOK IT UP

1st amendment doesn't apply on any privately owned web forum